Meeting the king

A Persian king asked Saadi of Shiraz:

‘On your wanderings through the cities of my kingdom, do you think of me and of my works?’

Comments

1. Karen says:

This excerpt of “Meeting the King” reminded me of the following:

When Pilate heard this, he was even more afraid, and he went back inside the palace.

“Where do you come from?” he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer.

“Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”

Jesus answered, “You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin.” (John 19)

>>> “YOU WOULD HAVE NO POWER OVER ME IF IT WERE NOT GIVEN TO YOU FROM ABOVE…”

2. […] Meeting the king By Paulo Coelho A Persian king asked Saadi of Shiraz: ‘On your wanderings through the… […]

3. Paulo or another person, please help me to understand this story. Until now, I come back here over and over, I read the comments of my friends but I can’t understand what’s the meaning of the last part: “‘Your Majesty, I think of you whenever I forget to think of God,’ was the wise man’s answer.” Ok, the man’s answer was wise, but what’s the meaning of that? Please, someone could explain that to me? Thanks in advance!
    Love & Light!
    Marta :)

4. Juneli says:

A wise man and an intellectual answer.

5. Hi Paulo,
    this letter is so important to me.
    I’m Diana, an italian girl, I’m almost 24. Last week I opened an artistic workshop with a friend of mine. I’m a photographer and my friend is a sculptor. We are in Genoa, a beautiful city in Italy. I don’t know if you ever been here..but you should.
    In our workshop we try to create something new, something emotional.
    And, obviously, working hard, we hope to earn because we desire independence from parents! I have so many projects, hopes, wishes in my life..and one of these is meeting you. You are a real inspiration to me. You’ve made me cry, laugh, you teach me love, and one day I would like to be able to feel free as your characters…free as Veronika..as Maria. If you are curious to see where I work click on the website. Paulo, it would be so great meeting you, talking to you. I really want to thank you for everything! If you come to Italy you have to come to Genoa too.
    (I don’t really know if YOU will read this mail. I just hope it. Really).
    Think about it.

God bless you

Diana

6. Jim Courbis says:

Daily Cious Message on the way…Daily Cieux mes Sages…
    Jim Courbis

7. soorya says:

coelho,

what the daily msg is shown rite………..each one have their own concepts regarding god.

but still the world is after those who even know how god is experianced. just like commitments each life is seen or felt.

in life it is expected that one shud be bold enuf to face, and maintain all the relations, for that each have to love, n in present day its not seen. no body is not felt that if i hurt him, the same pain i will get when someone hurts me.

8. marie says:

wise man he is!

9. Dinsan says:

for those who believe that whatever they have done, it coz of their power and abilities… like someone wrote….. i feel pity when they say “self made man”

10. Narges says:

thanks for your nice daily message,
    you have written about Saadi, persian poet, but
    there are many links for different languages beside it, none of them is Persian. I know many of my persian friends love your books.
    thanks again.

best regards

11. Karen says:

This excerpt of “Meeting the King” reminded me of the following:

“Where do you come from?” he asked Jesus, but Jesus gave him no answer.

“Do you refuse to speak to me?” Pilate said. “Don’t you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?”

>>> “YOU WOULD HAVE NO POWER OVER ME IF IT WERE NOT GIVEN TO YOU FROM ABOVE…”

12. Hi Paulo !
    bon je viens de lire votre dernier livre et me rendre compte de ma soif de spiritualité , parce que j’ai a peu près tous vos livres…achetés sans programation , au fil du temps.

Je viens d’éprouver la mort de mon pére et cela m’a bouleversé, .
    Je pensais chaque jour à la mort , mais c’était un concept intéllectuel, rien de ‘concret’.
    la Mort, une fois m’avait brutalement affecté :
    j’étais dans la médecine et je visitais un hopital : la morgue pour les étudiants , ils avaient habillés de manière ridicule les morts , à une table deux , buvant une bouteille de vin (vide) je n’ai pas pris cela au sérieux d’abord, mais le soir je ne voyais que des cadavres…
    c’est le caillou qui tombe dans l’eau et les cercles s’agrandissent ; a tel point que ma “philosophie de la vie s’il en est , se trouva compromise. je fis des betises que j’ai regretté beaucoup plus tard .
    Vous avez écrit qu’avec votre expérience d’un “enterrement” pour vous même a st Jacques de Compostel’ , la mort ne vous faisait plus peur . D’accord , mais j’ai du mal a vous croire (pardonnez mon style direct ) en fait j’aimerais bien moi aussi ne plus avoir peur et je me trouve pleains de bonnes raisons mais elles ne fonctionnent pas très bien

amicalmenet et vos livres font du bien !
    Francois