The silence of the night

A Sufi master and his disciple were walking across a desert in Africa. When night fell, they pitched their tent and lay down to rest.

‘How silent it is!’ said the disciple.

‘Never say “how silent it is”,’ replied the teacher. ‘Say rather: “I cannot hear nature”.

Comments

1. T.K. says:

It’s all about perspective!

2. Cristina Palomo says:

Saludos, me gusta mucho su trabajo, soy de Chile,la página,no está en Español?
    Me despido esperando su respuesta

3. cocola says:

sometimes silence is all you can say. you just have to let your feelings transport you it is scary because it is something you cannot control,you feel powerless because you cannot help it

4. Wendy Espinoza says:

nature realy amazes me. i’m always surprise with every little thing in nature from a beautiful flower to the ocean.
    after life, nature is the bigest gift tha God has given us.

5. hemos visitado tu blog
    si tienes un rato que perder
    y quieres visitar el nuestro
    gracias por todo

6. Nina says:

We have to “open” completely all our senses to be able to “hear” the world around us.
    Because sometimes silence says more than words can do. We just have to look deep within ourselves and maybe we’ll be able to hear it.

Enjoy the Silence…

7. Artemis says:

Your words have helped me to know I’m not crazy… ahhh sigh.
    Peace…truly.

8. Kamellia Mishriky says:

I understood that when I was able to stand still; I could hear the sounds of nature playing a symphony of what it feels like when two become one. And how the heartbeat of a lover became louder beating to the songs of love. This is why I understand that in stillness nature will open the secrets of life and how beautiful it is…

9. Saludos, me gusta mucho su trabajo, soy de Chile,la página,no está en Español?
    Me despido esperando su respuesta

10. Karen says:

When I “can not hear” nature in the night…
    she still reaches my soul with its wonder,
    she still touches every memory I have with its stillness… she keeps talking to me with all the peace thats within her
    she embraces me