The perfect woman

Nasrudin was talking to a friend, who asked him:

‘Have you never considered getting married, Mullah?’

‘I have,’ replied Nasrudin. ‘In my youth, I resolved to find the perfect woman. I crossed the desert and reached Damascus, and I met a lovely, very spiritual woman, but she knew nothing of the world. I continued my journey and went to Isfahan; there I met a woman who knew both the spiritual and the material world, but she was not pretty. Then I decided to go to Cairo, where I dined in the house of a beautiful woman, who was both religious and a connoisseur of material reality.’

‘Why didn’t you marry her, then?’

‘Alas, my friend, she was looking for the perfect man.’

Comments

1. Carolena says:

When we are in love, the man or woman we are in love with is ‘Perfect’ to us!

That is the perfect man or woman, the one who we are ‘In Love’ with.

Love
    C.

2. Fatima says:

be Perfect is an emotional word, not rational one. The criterion to “Perfect” will no doubt keep changing with the change of emotional state of person.

To find a person to marry is to find a person to walk together hand in hand along life road to share any happiness and bear saddness during the walking. So find the Right Woman/Man to marry is much better than find the Perfect Woman/Man.

3. you cannot perfect perfection but then no one is as perfect

4. Nika says:

Marriage is not just finding the perfect person; it is also being the perfect person.

5. soha says:

“life is full of ironies. :D perfection in the material sense may be impossible but not in the spiritual… so let’s strive to love perfectly to make up for our imperfections.” That’s it Arachne…. Love can be perfect. Yes this is what i seek for but i am being criticized due to my unreturned love… and the love to those who don’t deserve. But what can i do if my heart can’t hate or even hold grudges against those who hurt me? am i unrealistic in my love? that’s why only Love and forgiveness can be perfect, so let us aspire for perfection.

6. Every woman is perfect, at least, that’s what they tell me. (When not asking about the size of their bum.)

Seriously though, look for the perfection in the one you’re with and imperfections can be appreciated as Wabi; like the imperfections in a Buddhist Monk’s art.

7. gwen foster says:

Perfection limits a persons. We must find someone perfectly imperfect instead :P

8. Lloyd Lemons says:

I don’t believe there is perfection in human life, although striving for it is a noble thing. However, perfection in a mate or a relationship is very nearly attainable after a lifetime of sharing.

9. Arachne says:

10. Leaf says:

Jesus said, Be perfect, as your Heavenly Father is perfect.
    I believe we are all capable of doing the perfect thing, at the perfectly timed moment, BUT we are not perfect all of the time….and if we aim to be perfect most/all of the time, we shall find that perfection is infinite and can always be developed and further perfected. Some may find arrogance in this ‘philosophy’ but Jesus does not give us impossible commands, if we can love, therefore we can be perfect. It is an adopted perception.
    ie, where is dissatisfaction when we know we or another has acted/reacted perfectly, in one given moment?
    Even our ‘mistakes’ then, can be viewed as perfectly timed divine lessons, to be practised and made perfect….if not avoided.
    and the result is an immeasurable amount of joy and enthusiasm of Life.
    Love to all,
    LJ xx

11. Noor says:

This is my first comment ever here but I just love ur stories! and seeking perfection, I always think about that and I think being perfect is just something we hope to be but we can never reach it!!
    I believe that only God is perfect and all of us have flaws which make us human! if we met someone perfect we’d just think there’s something wrong with him/her!
    I think the most important thing is to remember we are ALL flawed and we just have to accept them and change them if we can to the better! it’s a part of our journey!
    I think everyone have thought about perfection and becoming a perfect person but try as we may, we will fail!
    I just loved this story! it’s sooooo great!

12. Fatima says:

13. Evelyn says:

Why do we always seek perfection? Perfection, as well as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. No one and nothing is completely perfect… there is always a flaw…

14. This is a lovely little story…

perfection is an eternal human dream, but alas was never found…

contentment is a bless, but was never a human virtue, and if it is we would be angels

finally, my perfect man, is the man i love with all his good and bad qualities :) he is the choice of my heart, and the one who feeds my body and soul with joy and sweet sadness