Understanding cobwebs

When I was travelling the road to Rome, one of the four sacred roads in my magical tradition, I realised, after almost twenty days spent entirely alone, that I was in a much worse state than when I had started. In my solitude, I began to have mean, nasty, ignoble feelings.

I sought out my guide to the road and told her about this. I said that when I had set out on that pilgrimage, I had thought I would grow closer to God, but that, after three weeks, I was feeling a great deal worse.

‘You are getting better, don’t worry,’ she said. ‘The fact is that when we turn on our inner light, the first thing we see are the cobwebs and the dust, our weak points. They were there already, it’s just that you couldn’t see them in the darkness. Now it will be much easier for you to clean out your soul.’

Comments

My whole body was covered with cobwebs, I just have to untangle them.

2. Quennie says:

I’ve had to explain the “cobwebs” to my trainees several times in the context of improving their communication skills. At certain points during training, some would think that they had not improved since they seem to be committing more and more errors. But the reality is that they had been unaware of their areas of improvement before the training. The acknowledgment of those areas however leads them to becoming better; but, of course, that takes some time.

3. Janna says:

How true. I’m am constantly reminding myself of this lesson. We need to aknowledge our feelings and go through them, not around, in order to purge ourselves of them. The hustle and bustle of the world is a constant distraction from what is going on internally. When we sit quietly with ourselves can see the work that needs to be done on the inside. I’ve spent a good part of my life running from pain. But it was still there, the more I ran, the more it built up inside of me. As I have gotten older, I try to go through whatever it is I am going through, and not around it. Learn something from it. After a good cry the world is so much clearer.

4. fLUXman says:

we guys out here call these cobwebs Karma.
    karma exists in different dimensions,
    what you thought were your webs may have been your karma of thought trying to fool self.
    try the road to pre mani karan, sir
    this road to the heart of the himalayas cleared my heart and soul,
    with you on the path of light,
    bo0om paulo
    fLUxman

5. thewolffather says:

So did you get the gift from this road?

6. nika marie says:

Some months back while i was on a particular road, i was having the same feelings, but i didn’t understand why,I prayed for the Lord to free me of the thoughts and feelings. It was like walking with a thorn in my side, but i couldn’t understand why. when i was able to meet you I Knew if asked you about this subject maybe you would be able to shed some light on it. I didn’t ask you i was shy and ashamed.

So i just let myself enjoy the moment of getting to meet you and all the other Warriors.

I left puenta la reina feeling free and at ease the thorn had somehow been removed without my knowing, every now and then i am reminded of that thorn and i remind myself to Live take chances, follow my dreams.