Who is the teacher?

A disciple asked Nasrudin:

‘How did you become a spiritual teacher?’

‘We all know what we should do with our lives, but we always reject it,’ replied Nasrudin. ‘In order to understand that truth, I had to go through a rather strange experience.

One day, I was sitting by the roadside wondering what to do, when a man came over and stood in front of me. To get rid of him, I made a gesture, and he copied me. That amused me, so I made another gesture, which he again imitated, but this time adding another.

Then we started to sing and to do all kinds of exercises. I felt better and better and I came to really love my new companion. A few weeks passed and one day I asked him:

‘Tell me, Teacher, what should I do next?’

And the man replied: ‘But I thought you were the teacher!’

Comments

I am both, the teacher and the master.

“The Warrior of the light perseveres in his desire but knows he must wait for the best moment.” P. Coelho

If you give,you receive and vice versa.
    It is an exchange between two people, the teacher and the other person. We all learn from each other, if it is positive, then it is a blessing, a gift from God.

4. Tari says:

Teaching is said to be my profession, but I never consider myself a teacher but a companion. I’m just gifted with a skill which I can earn some money from by letting people know what I know, but they are who actually teach me how to look at things in life, whose experiences they share with me are my source of learning.

5. fLUXman says:

bo0om paulo,
    encounters with enlightened beings is open to every one who wishes to be blessed. no method,teacher or whatever just being…
    bo0om
    fLUXman

6. Mihai says:

I’m a trainer and I have already 14 years in this wonderful experience. I train people, professionals or not, and I always discover something to learn from them. You’re right! You’re a wonderful person, thank you for all your work!It seems I discovered my alter ego in your books…
    Kind regards, Mihai

7. Kishen Raj says:

Learning and teaching are players in the same game.Learning is the reward for respecting life and teaching is the fruit of experiencing life.

8. Tinu says:

Hilarious. Made me laugh at myself, which seems to result in a step in the right direction.

9. Myzpax says:

Dear Paulo

I want you to know that in these 2/3 weeks I’ve been coming here the way I envisioned my life in the near future has changed. I was planning on trying my ideas about learning to read with music, with my nephews. Coming here, and reading the comments from the people who read your blog gave me confidence to write the people who can actually make the idea work, like peace activists, karaoke device manufacturers, artists, children shows’ producers. I don’t know if I give it a try, it’ll work, but I’m positive if I don’t do anything, nothing will happen. I’ll give it a try and leave the rest in God’s hands.

I might not write as often as I have, but you can be sure I’ll be coming here for inspiration.

God bless you, your readers and the whole Universe

10. Good history. Sometimes it happens with us and we don’t know how to act. What’s the reason that we think that we can’t be a teacher for someone? Are there many teachers around us and we’re one of them too but we don’t accept it or don’t understand it. Let’s open our eyes and see that we can do something to teach someone, somewhere.

11. Kathleen says:

That reminds me a lot of my relationship with the children in my family. The kids I take care of see me as teaching them things, numbers, colours, but really they are the ones who teach me, forgiveness, unconditional love, joy in small things.
    Kathleen xx