Moses parts the waters

‘Sometimes people get so used to what they see in films that they end up forgetting the real story,’ says a friend, as we stand together looking out over Miami harbour. ‘Do you remember The Ten Commandments?’

Of course I do. At one point, Moses – Charlton Heston – lifts up his rod, the waters part and the children of Israel cross over.

‘In the Bible it’s different,’ says my friend. ‘There, God says to Moses: "Speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward." And only afterwards does he tell Moses to lift up his rod, and then the Red Sea parts.

It is only courage on the path itself that makes the path appear.’

Comments

the good thing about “Moses” he is out of the way too.

2. Myzpax says:

Sometimes we think we see the whole road ahead of us, and we’re not seeing more than the next curve. We all have experienced times in our life when it seemed we were at a stand still point, and then something comes up that changed it, like a getting new job, meeting a wonderful friend… And sometimes blessings come in our life by shattering all windows first, and instead of riding 100 miles/hour you go 50, 10, 1 mile/hour. Just keep walking.

3. volw says:

Those who have tried walking on a chosen path would know the truth of this statement. As bewildering as it could be sometimes – faith works in strange ways.

We would all love to have a grand plan set to details and then start out on the path but that’s now how it works in reality. In reality, we are expected to move forward and the courage of the action, reveals the next step to take.

4. Norma M says:

I believe is true that movies only portray what is needed to sell, they leave important things out and make it seem “easy” that Moses could part the water himself with out God interveniece.

5. Pearl says:

“Speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward.” And only afterwards does he tell Moses to lift up his rod, and then the Red Sea parts.

For the first in my life I gave attention, to this line.

Long back I read one book, “Little Miracle”. It is “the book”. I don’t know the author. It’s a children’s book. But if you get a chance to read it don’t miss it. Its a about a boy and his shepard dog.

6. aditya says:

It is only courage on the path itself that makes the path appear.’

so is it ???!!!!

7. raj says:

I read it as a lesson for us about the trust & faith in God and yourself. God helps those who help themselves.

peace & love

8. Xander[Shadow_Poet] says:

I do not think I understood properly what you wanted to tell with the example of moses and Charlton Heston…maybe ’cause of my -not so good- English…

But if you was talking about a Ways(or paths) created by the action of believing in those…

Well… what can you tell me about those who create wrong ways even if they know they’re choosing something not-true and loosing something Absolutely beautiful like the emotions of true love true passion and true reconciliation?

Xander
    (I hope it’s comprehensible…)

9. Hans G says:

Faith is the biggest strength. How true!