Enjoying God’s gifts

God knows that we are all artists of life. One day, he gives us a chisel to make a sculpture, the next, brushes and a canvas, another day, he gives us a pen to write with. But we cannot use a chisel to paint a canvas or a pen to make a sculpture. Each day has its own miracle. I must accept today’s blessings in order to create what I have; if I do this with detachment and without guilt, tomorrow I will receive more.

Comments

1. MariaElena says:

It is funny how simple and usefull life can be, but also how we make it soo hard, It’s great that Paulo can give so many lost souls hope… but the easy thing is just to accept that we are not lost at all, that the path is in front of us… just waiting for us to stand up and walk.

2. agnieszka says:

Aditya, here is sth for you:

“I am the light of the world,
    He who follows me will not walk in darkness,
    but will have the light of life”
    John 8:12

love

3. D SINNER says:

such a beautiful message….
    but i feel God is a prankster, he plays with all of us!!!
    I may infuse hope in others but when iy comes to me, i fail myself…

4. Carmen Larisa says:

Dear Yajna,

Thank you very much for your nice words! :-)
    I haven’t watched the movie “Evan Almighty” yet, but the idea of changing the world using ARK “Any Random Act of Kindness” is simply wonderful and so true!
    A year ago, after strating meditation classes at Sahaja Yoga, I relized that there are many beautiful people in this world, who want to take action to make a difference for the better and the first step is to begin with yourself. And any kind of random kindness should be made not only on special occasions, like holidays, Christmas, Easter and so on, but every single day all year long. You can’t be good and have a positive attitude for a day or two a year and then go back to the old way of complaining, envying, hating and so on…
    Real changes come in a discreet manner and that’s why they are so effective, they come from the heart!

Lots of love,
    Carmen Larisa

5. Angela says:

I am grateful to God for every gift, but often don’t understand Its signs, Its messages. I’m going through a difficult time in trying to help a person that I love and sometimes I find it difficult to see the beautiful every day that God grants us …. often I lose hope. Paulo Thanks for your words …

6. aditya says:

thank u friends !

fear not ! i have learnt to enjoy the journry as much as my ‘goal’; your kind words are most soothing ! and they ensure that I don’t loose sight of the ‘goals’ while getting engossed in the journey, as happned to that boy as the wise man set him on a goal, in the alchemist.

lol ( lots of love )

aditya

agnieszka, I feel God reveals itself to us, thru our freinds, our envirnement for me every act of kindness from a person is an act from Him only, so u r the face of that god when u r helping me, all credit goes to you only, for you are him.

Carmen Larisa,

u r a dear too !! as u have said responsibility for making all the attempts, all the effort remains with me !! so !!!!!….

yagna, that was quite something, and u r right each flower is diffrent, in fact not even diffrent, there are no comparisons, each flower is unique ! just like you and we all here are !!!

so, the year 2007 is comming to a close, I remember a few of Paulo’s messages at the beginnig of the year, and then again !! how time flies !!! away ??!!!

7. Aicha El Khalil Iglesias says:

Querido Paulo;
    Sus palabras estan llenas de verdad.Dios te da medios diariamente para ver su luz,para sentirte dichoso de existir,para reconocer el milagro de la vida a pesar de las dificultades.Como usted ha comentado en ocasiones hay que ser valiente cada dia,en cada eleccion.Debia darnos verguenza mirarnos al espejo cuando nos quejamos por cosas triviales,cuando olvidamos la esencia del espiritu y de la vida,sobre todo porque hay gente que no teniendo mas que un cuenco de arroz es capaz de sonreir,olvidando la pobreza o la enfermedad,y sabiendo que tal vez no salgan de esa escasez en toda la vida.Acaso el simple hecho de poder compartir con usted y todos los demas subscriptores nuestros pensamientos no es un milagro?

8. karen- says:

it’s true paulo, all the things thath we receive are gift from god, also the suffering, come in our life to explain ourselves someting that we don’t know, to open the doors that we don’t have open. we must use this gift in a better way we know, in a better way we feel…
    love
    karen.rome.circeo

9. Aniq says:

I’ve ceased to complain about life -gradually, after reading your books and your blog. It made me wonder how you’ve come to terms with your existence – as most of us blame everything for our misery. So thanks for this insight. I’ve used yours on occasions to inspire others within my realm (not forgetting to quote though!). People think I’m wise…but you made me wiser.

10. Yza says:

Hmmmnnn… what a blessing! Even today’s message of Mr. Coelho is a blessing. Having and enjoying this very moment is a miracle. How many people did not able to wake up today? Realizing this is enough to give praise to the Maker. Thank you, Lord! :)

11. Yajna says:

Dearest Paulo

Absolutely lovely story. I’ve read it here before, i must admit, i loved reading it again. Is is important to live the most in each day and experience each miracle as it comes. If we do not take the opportunity to do so, we may never create a masterpiece :)

Yajna

12. Yajna says:

Carmen and Aditya

Just to add-

In a movie called Evan Almighty,
    God says to Evan, ‘do you know what the best way to change the world is?’
    Evan answers “No”
    God writes the letter ARK on the sand and says- Any Ramdom act of Kindness. If each person had to do that, everyday.

Lots of love
    Yajna

13. Yajna says:

Aditya

Sorry, just one more thing i forgot to mention-

You said, ‘watching the buds blossom into a flower every morning may sound routine but it ain’t so!’

Do you know why its not a routine?
    Simply because each bud it never the same, and upon blooming we are exposed to fresh, unique expression of beauty.

Lots of love
    Yajna

PS sorry i sounded slightly harsh in my last comment- was trying to motivate you to focus on the good rather than letting obstacles get to you :)

14. Yajna says:

Aditya

Everyone has experience a sense of rejection, or just felt low and sad in their lives. As much as life brings happiness it often brings sorrow as well. The thing about being low, is that you have an opportunity to rise far more than you did before. Don’t let people get you down, and do not take any form of rejection to heart because it will do far more harm than good. Reevaluate your situation and find a solution, because there is always a way. Always! God never gives you a dream without the power for it to come true. Have feith in that, and have faith in yourself. The world is a cruel place, full of judgements and rejections that cause us to forget, change and worse doubt who we are and what we believe in. Don’t allow yourself to fall in that trap. As agnieszka has mentioned, you are not alone here and its obvious that many people care. So pick your head up, and figure out whatever is making you pessemistic, and start to believe again.

Lots of love
    Yajna

15. agnieszka says:

Aditya,
    You’re welcome,
    I’m happy that I can make a little difference although
    I can’t have that credit all by myself, because I’m sure that’s not me, I’m just a tool, a messenger in the hands of this incredible Someone.
    So please thank God,for He/She wanted you to be happy.

16. Carmen Larisa says:

Thank you so much, Aditya! You’re a dear! :-)
    You’re right when saying that existence is not separate from us, in fact we should be existance itself but unfortunately some people simply forget that they are alive and can change everything for the better in this world by having a strong desire!
    I believe that when appreciating the Light inside the hearts, all people are beautiful in a way or other, or at least the Spirit in them is wonderful! The rest is up to every person, if we want to grow or not, to evolve or not…

Lots of love,
    Carmen Larisa
    Romania

17. aditya says:

I too join Carmen Larisa in

“Happy Birthday, ROMANIA! :-) May you become a beautiful country full of wonderful people, fragrant and bright lotuses living in the great pond of Mother Earth!
    LA MULTI ANI! Happy birthday! :-)” Beautiful people these Romamnians !

18. aditya says:

agnieszka Hi !

Pray ! I am on my way ! don’t know how fast ! for there is nothing to compare with ! Since I have come in touch with Paulo ( and I would be being ungrateful if I don’t acknowledge some others too ), u r right ! it’s life changing expereince !

change ! if we take care of ourselves and help those who may be seeking our help, if we can, not just this earth, the whole existance would be taken care of ! for existance is not separate from us !

and thanks for those kind words ! sometimes wols do feel a little low ! no !!!!

19. Susana Monteagudo says:

El alma del regalo habita -en el corazón de la persona- que utiliza el don de la generosidad para desprenderse de su tesoro.

Susana Monteagudo

20. Carmen Larisa says:

Beautiful message for today, dear Paulo! :-) Thank you so much!
    The greatest gifts: Life=Love=Joy=Miracle
    Even though some days seem to be the same, when looking at them carefully we’ll see that we are different each day, we learn some new life lessons every day, we change for the better every day even though we don’t notice the changes within us very easily!
    If we have the pure desire for the world inside and outside us to become a better place, it will come true!
    Let’s pray every day for this and live as if it is already true, because this way it will be materialized sooner!

Lots of love,
    Carmen Larisa

P.S. Happy Birthday, ROMANIA! :-) May you become a beautiful country full of wonderful people, fragrant and bright lotuses living in the great pond of Mother Earth!
    LA MULTI ANI! Happy birthday! :-)

21. agnieszka says:

Aditya, I don’t think that somebody who watch the buds blossom every day can be a pessimist!!
    Smile and life will be smilling to you!!
    P.S. Having such a fantastic writer like Paulo might
    change your life.
    It changed mine.

22. I think curiosity should be included because there is no attachment nor guilt. Just a sense of moving forward in the here and now so that tomorrow will reveal itself untainted.

23. aditya says:

facing all the rejections that I have, maybe I have become a pessimist, who knows may have always been :-)
    looking at the last para of Paulo one would suspect that even god does not like specialist, that is why he keeps on trying to make us jack of all trades !! giving us diffrent tools, diffrent canvases everyday !

but is that our experience, we say the same boring day, the same damned routine ! if we are sentive enough to see, nothing is routine, however much it may appear similar. watching the buds blossom into a flower every morning may sound routine but it ain’t so ! as arny says in that movie “trust me”

aditya

24. Clara Belén says:

Querido Paulo,
    Justo hoy escribia a una amiga a la que quiero mucho, que me estoy acostumbrando a recibir regalos cada día. He aprendido mucho sobre esto. Cuando he ido caminando he encontrado regalos muy hermosos: piedras con formas de corazón, plantas únicas, sonrisas y palabras de ánimo en el momento justo. Y aprendí que no debía retenerlos y sí dejarlos viajar. Regalé las piedras, regalé las sonrisas y regalé palabras de ánimo quizás en algún momento justo para otros caminantes.
    La respuesta fue clara: recibí más “regalos” del camino y de la vida para regalar y se ha convertido en una cadena tan bonita que me hace sentirme feliz.
    Un beso muy grande,
    Clara.

25. Reez says:

It is all about knowing and doing what you can do to make Him and everyone you’re with (everyday) smile and thankful of your existence.

Be a miracle! :)

26. ruchi says:

Its just ..such a beautiful thought!
    Even I feel and infact now believe that Life has its own gifts, its own miracles everyday and that is what makes it so beautiful, so interesting amd morover so complete!

27. Agnieszka says:

Thank you for this text. You always got me thinking.
    It’s amazing.
    While ago I’ve read something like that:
    some people live like everything is a miracle and some like nothing is.
    It’s always up to us, but the first one enjoy life the most.
    I think this is the way,
    although not easy to be done.

28. Wendy Espinoza says:

beautiful message!!!!

God granted every one of us a gift. but it is our responsability to find out what it is, and to make the best use of it.

we might encouter obstacles in the journey of discovering our gift: envious poeple, extremely difficult circumstances, and worst of all OURSELVES

because the key to succed is to believe in ourselves
    if we don’t no body else will.

i’ve found my two gifts at a moment where sorrow and desperation were taking over me. my gifts have freed me!!!

29. [...] Check it out! While looking through the blogosphere we stumbled on an interesting post today.Here’s a quick excerpt Enjoying God’s gifts I must enjoy all the gifts that God gives me today. These gifts cannot be saved up. There is no bank in which we can place the gifts we receive from God in order to use them when we wish. If I do not make use of these blessings, I will lose them for ever. God knows that we are all artists of life. One day, he gives us a chisel to make a sculpture, the next, brushes and a canvas, another day, he gives us a pen to write with. But we cannot use a chisel to paint a canv [...]

Great. It happens that I wrote this text in my book Maktoub. But it is good to see it a part of the “internet culture”.

30. [...] Check it out! While looking through the blogosphere we stumbled on an interesting post today.Here’s a quick excerptI must enjoy all the gifts that God gives me today. These gifts cannot be saved up. There is no bank in which we can place the gifts we receive from God in order to use them when we wish. If I do not make use of these blessings, … [...]

Yes, and it is me that wrote this text, in my book “Maktoub”.