The search to be different

Do you know exactly where you are now? You are in a city, along with a lot of other people, and it is highly likely that, at this very moment, various people are sheltering in their hearts the same hopes and anxieties that you are sheltering in yours.

Let us go further: you are a microscopic speck on the surface of a ball. This ball spins around another ball, which, in turn, is located in one tiny corner of a galaxy along with millions of other similar balls.

This galaxy forms part of something called the Universe, full of vast star clusters. No one knows exactly where this Universe begins and ends.

This does not mean that you are not of vital importance; you struggle, you strive, you try to improve, you have dreams, you are made happy or sad by love. If you were not alive, something would be missing.

Here are some stories about our right to be unique.

Comments

1. Tania says:

Each speck is unique,and so is its interaction with other specks that touch,shape and dance along with us on our journey ..this is of great importance for we can then grow,learn and connect and honor other specks and the planet ,and universe ..for these are the lessons to dream improve and wave happily from the dance floor…Blessings Tania

2. Saranya says:

Amazing piece of text! Really makes me think. How important am I, when thought as a small speck of this vast expanse of universe? Will something really be missing if “I” weren’t there? To my circle of family, friends & relatives,with whom I share my love and life, “Yes”, but what is it when seen from the universe point of view?

3. Mika says:

Like Sibila Maria India said – “It’s not our right to be unique, but it´s a truth about us”. I believe we are all unique without the effort of trying to. Every single soul on the face of earth is a universe in itself – there is no one alike.

By the struggle, by striving, by our efforts to improve, by our dreams and our experiences of love, relationships and other poeple, we are shaped. We feel alive – in good and bad. We evolve.

I believe two things have to do with the purpose of life and our possibility to shape the universe:
    1) Love. Always love with an innocent heart, like you’ve never been hurt. Give love to those who need it, even though they wouldn’t be able to give it to you. Never demand anything in return for your love. Not even love. Love is always of value – even when it isn’t answered.
    2) Grow. No man can grow on his own. Learn from life and from the people around you. Use in life what you have learned. Always believe in the possibility to grow and to change into something better. It will have a positive effect on the universe.

4. Oleg says:

Life is the only thing worth living for.
    I feel the Universe while kissing a girl I’m in love with.
    Sometimes I see the Universe in my short morning dreams.
    But I don’t feel myself a part of a CHAIN, network maybe, but not a chain…

peace and love for you all ;))

5. Sibila Maria India says:

It´s not our right to be unique, but it´s a truth about us. We are all, each and everyone of us, a unique expression in the flow of life. It´s up to us to be us. I believe we´re here to be fully who we really are and do what we really dream of doing in our heart of hearts. If we claim our right to be who we are, we follow what we already said yes to before we came here. Simultaneously life is vast, and unfolds when we dare.
    Simple truth and a life art to be able to.

6. agnieszka says:

Will love be worth anything
    if not for the other man?

love
    Agnieszka

7. Tania says:

8. Lya says:

Thank you for this beautiful text!

9. Monika says: