Today’s Question by Aart Hilal

Which book that has been brought to screen do you consider very well done?

The book that was a classical (and difficult) adaptation to the screen, The French Lieutenant Woman, by John Fowles (the movie has Meryl Steep and Jeremy Irons as stars)

Comments

1. sue says:

sorry Agnieszka, it was you who mentioned Tess by Polanski!
    love sue

2. Agnieszka says:

“….this heart, no, no it wasn’t, I know,
    it wasn’t born to be loved for long,
    yet..something inside it shivered,
    this fire..inside, deep down,
    too wild, too unknown, too…untamed.”

3. sue says:

Hi everyone
    I agree with Carmen 3arisa about Tess by Roman Polanski a very beautiful film, taken from a fantastic book. My offering is a black and white British film, The lonliness of the Long Distance Runner from a short story by Alan Sillitoe,
    very well done.

love sue

4. Agnieszka says:

Mollena,

There are actually two endings..
    and one is different from the other.

love
    Agnieszka

5. Carmen Larisa says:

I don’t remember having seen the movie “The French Lieutenant’s Woman” but I simply loved the book by John Fowles when I read it in college! And “Tess of the D’Urbervilles” by Thomas Hardy, a great book, too! It seems that we share the same taste, dear Agnieszka! :-)
    In general, I love movies but only few of them can make you really feel what books manage to transmit so effortless… I wish there were a movie which can transmit the feelings like a book and a book which can show you the images like a movie, all in all a mixture with what is best from both of them, an “alive” book! :-)

May God bless the whole world with kindness and exuberance, for all of us to enjoy a fresh start, the revival of nature during spring time to become the revival of our hearts and minds too! :-)
    Lots of love,
    Carmen Larisa

6. Agnieszka says:

There’s another great movie based on the book: “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” – filmed by Roman Polanski,
    with Nastasia Kinski.
    I loved it too.

love
    Agnieszka

7. Mollena says:

I haven’t seen the screen version. However, the blook plot is intising. Which ending was it in the movie?

8. Agnieszka says:

I have this book, so…intriguing..
    so…sensual..,