The way of the tiger

A man was walking through a forest when he saw a crippled fox. ‘I wonder how it manages to feed itself,’ he thought. At that moment, a tiger approached, carrying its prey in its mouth. The tiger ate its fill and left what remained for the fox.

‘If God helps the fox, he will help me too,’ the man thought. He went back home, shut himself up in his house and waited for the Heavens to bring him food.

Nothing happened. Just when he was becoming too weak to go out and work, an angel appeared.

‘Why did you decide to imitate the crippled fox?’ asked the angel. ‘Get out of bed, pick up your tools and follow the way of the tiger!’

Comments

1. Jackie noriega says:

LINDA HISTORIA PARA AYUDAR A QUIENES ESTAN ESPERANDO QUE EL CIELO LE CAIGA TODO LO QUE NECESITA Y NO MADRUGA PARA QUE DIOS LE AYUDE COMO DICE EL REFRAN. DIOS NOS DA LAS HERRAMIENTAS ES DEBER NUESTRO SABER USARLAS Y DIA A DIA SALIR A LA LUCHA CONSTANTE, ESTAR EN MOVIMIENTO Y NO DESMAYAR Y SI TE CAES VOLVER A PARARTE Y SEGUIR PORQUE ESTE MUNDO ES DE LOS FUERTES NO DE LOS QUE SE ARRINCONAN A LLORAR ESPERANDO QUE LA VIDA LES REGALE TODO EN BANDEJA DE PLATA. ASI QUE AMIGOS A TRABAJAR QUE MIENTRAS TENGAMOS ALGO QUE HACER POR NOSOTROS Y POR LOS QUE NOS RODEAN SERA U
    NA INSPIRACION CADA MAÑANA Y EL SOL BRILLARA

2. Princess says:

It’s the misconception of faith. People sometimes believe that if God is on their side they don’t have to do anything but fold their hands and believe.

3. Usman says:

This story also belong to Sheikh Saadi

4. Bappy says:

the story inspired me a lot……………

1. Nice. It inspires as to how the human feels against the animal . Food for tought . Very creative .

5. Bappy says:

impressive story……………

6. Filip says:

Thank you!

Tiger I’m! :)

7. Meu querido amigo,
    Hoje aconteceu um fato que me surpreendeu muito.
    Acordei uma uma enorme sensação de dor lombar, mas sabia que teria que fazer algo importante que mudaria o rumo da minha vida, mas mesmo com a dor só aumentando e o medo de passar mal, encarei a dor e fui ao meu destino. tiver que diminuir os passos para que a dor não atrapalhasse a minha caminhada. No final deu tudo certo eu consegui, sem que nada de ruim me ocorresse.
    Me VEJO NESTE MOMENTO COMO O TIGRE.
    ABRAÇOS
    UMA LINDA NOITE UM LINDO DIA!!!
    LULU

8. I’ve been watching your blog for 6 days now and I should state I am beginning to enjoy your post. How do i join to your web log?

9. Caroline de Lourdes says:

The way of the tiger is a profound thought. The only difference between seeing the landscape as beautiful and magical and mysterious, or seeing it as sad and dull and forlorn, is simply your choice! Sometimes we need a total re-creation of ourselves and the elimination of all flawed and negative inputs. So, spoil yourself in positive thoughts and let your actions follow these thoughts. And you´ll discover Zen, the eye of the hurricane of your feelings where there is only peace, humour and serenity.

10. Maryon says:

I want to follow the way of the panther.
    love
    Maryon

11. Ankita says:

*goosebumps*

aaaaahhh! very true, we all have our roles to play, no reason why, they’re just there…

12. tom says:

This story really touched me,

To look after those who are less fortunate truly creates its own reward. In some ways, this reminds me of the communist ideal. Put in what you can and take out what you need, sadly this way of living does not work with money.

A.V.C

24 carrot !

I believe in something called individual potential, that you were put on this earth to do what you could according to your potential. We arent given gifts so tghat they could be neglected, we must put them to use and reap the benefits, but not jsut for us, for the entire human race.

13. Carol says:

The crippled fox reminded me of a lot of people in society who are always waiting for other people (whether more fit or people with more resources) to help them. Whatever happened to “God helps those who helped themselves”?

1. loved says:

Nothing happens to truth, it sits gently next to compassion.

2. Walker says:

“God helps those who help themselves” is not a statement from God but rather from Poor Richard’s Almanac by Benjamin Franklin. I have found the statement to usually be an excuse for thieves to justify their theft.

That is not the Way of the Tiger.
      Rather, it should be said that “God helps those who call on Him in faith, according to their need”.
      The Way of the Tiger is to be as a tool in God’s hand; strong yet sensitive, fierce yet tender.
      We don’t know if the Cripled Fox called on God or not, BUT~ The Tiger was still there to help…

14. wanbliska says:

Ok Sir. The way of the tiger is more exciting.

Presently I’ve many directions to follow.
    I’m lost in the middle of nowhere, with many guideposts over there.

I know where I am. I’m on a crossroad, I’ve been fleeing for months. And then, I get my map. It’s a little spoiled and gummed up, here and there.
    But now, I ask the Angel for some help.

So It Be (O Best I)

15. Agnieszka says:

That reminds of the story with the man on the sinking boat, who awaits God’s help…
    :-)
    If we’re not crippled, why would we expect someone to do the job for us?
    Nobody can nor should do it for us.
    We would never grow, evolve, become better if we would wait for others.
    Nobody can live our life, nobody can feel for us, it would be a waste of this great gift everybody received from God, and…we wouldn’t be happy anyway.
    Life has to be accepted with all advantages and disadvantages, with ups and downs.
    It wouldn’t be complete without it.
    Besides, when we conquer whatever comes up in our life, it’s like climbing a mountain, the satisfaction we feel at the top is…priceless.

love
    Agnieszka

16. Tania says:

God helps those who help themselves , one must be on the hunt like the tiger , not sitting around wishfull thinking . Create your life , if Joan of Arch could lead an army and go to war all before she was 18 then you should be able to get out of bed…Blessing Tania

1. Bappy says:

Tania you r right

17. Saad says:

This story remained me of the story of the man who wanted to spend his life praying only and keep his brother work and feed him. The Caliphate Omar, when he saw him and listened to his story, he beat him with a stick and said “go and work, the sky doesn’t rain gold”

what we can learn from those two stories, is that people shouldn’t give up in their lives or rely on someone else to help them in everything they face, yet they should go and face the world and fight for their lives.

Regards….

18. tom says:

This story really touched me,

A.V.C

24 carrot !

19. Karen says:

Perhaps the man was mapping out a way to not have an end up crippled like the Fox;) A way to have his house, food, and be the tiger too! Some people are sooo independent others couldn’t even fathom being them, not even for a day!:)

20. A.V.C. says:

This is pure gold!

Let’s all fulfil our individual potential and let universe evolve naturally, instead of trying to promote our idea of how universe should be.

Let’s show some true faith!