Absolute control

Each person knows how best to be at peace with life; some need at least some degree of security, others launch themselves fearlessly into danger. There are no formulae for living out one’s dream: each of us, by listening to our own heart, will know how best to act.

The American writer Sherwood Anderson was always extremely undisciplined and only managed to write when fuelled by his own rebelliousness. His first publishers, concerned about the abject poverty in which Anderson lived, decided to send him a weekly cheque as an advance on his next novel.

After a month, they received a visit from the writer, who returned all the cheques.

‘I haven’t been able to write a line in weeks,’ said Anderson. ‘I just can’t write with financial security staring at me across the desk.’

Comments

1. Light says:

It is right. Financial security looks like a promising destination for achievements in our lives. But the whole situation is very similar to the climbing of mountains. The greatest excitement you experience is when you are standing at the bottom of it and look up at the challengers you are expected to overcome.

We all climb our own mountains, in most cases reach the top, but the most important question is how many of us are staying at the top of this mountain? Every conqueror of the mountain always goes through the same – he climbs, putting a lot of effort in this, reaches the top, feels great feeling of satisfaction for a while, enjoys the view and inspired by this achievement leaves this place to pursue his new Zair. It is very true, that pick of the mountain is a very lonely place, lots of people have been there, but everybody left and there is only a small chance, that when you reach your pick there will be someone else on the top.

Financial security is a summit, which is only a moment in our lives, when our hearts are impatiently looking for new challengers and targets ahead.

Life is not stagnant waters of the lake – it is a constantly flowing spring, river.

2. Ankur Garg says:

:) almost all your stories are so pristine.. so simple and so touching.. almost all the times bring a smile on my face!

Great Example of control..!!

3. wanbliska says:

“Being a real writer means being able to do the work on a bad day.” Norman mailer.

4. Karen says:

I write in all conditions. Granted when I feel like I’m being controled by another I come across as angry. Then i seek to understand that this person shouldn’t upset me. I shouldn’t be angry. I should feel pitty on them for having such a deep rooted insecurity and thank God I’m not them:) Then my writing turns happy again:D

5. wanbliska says:

Lapsus
    In real, I consider He as a She, and She as a He. I love the two principles.
    The Great Biologist is inevitably man and woman, as People go on believing in a God as a man principle only.

However, the biggest genocide is the one committed on women and childhood. They both don’t need cutted flowers.

With love.

6. wanbliska says:

Andras,

In a certain way, I agree with you. Of course the Biologist of the Universe can give us all we want the moment we want.

On a first degree, any woman deserved some flowers. But Bouquet is a caprice that kills the Beauty anyway.

For some things in our life, we have to walk paths, hear some words and understand it, read some books that make the difference, reach some pics, enjoying as much as possible.

The Great Biologist have already give us what we want; just by being. But he’s also a Great Thinker. If He gives all that we want at the second, I can’t imagine the nightmare on earth.

“Love each other as I have loved you.” John 15:9-12

7. Dr András Béres says:

Chez le marchand de fleurs – pour monsieur Coelho

Chez le fleuriste

La femme marchait dans une rue quand elle vit a sa droite une boutique de fleurs.

En entrant dans la petite boutique, elle fut saisie de frayeur ; elle vit une abondance de fleurs fraiches, mais c’était Dieu en personne qui se tenait derrière le comptoir.

« Vous pouvez demander ce que vous voulez, déclara Dieu.

– Je veux être heureuse. Je veux la paix, de l’argent, et que l’on me comprenne. Je veux aller au ciel quand je mourrai. Et je veux que tout cela soit aussi accordé à mes amis. »

Dieu se tourna, choisit l’une des fleurs qui se trouvaient dans des pots sur l’étagère derrière lui, et le tendit à la femme.

« Tiens, dit-Il. »

(Dr András Béres, Hongrie)

8. Dr András Béres says:

Chez le marchand de fleurs – pour monsieur Coelho

Chez le fleuriste

« Vous pouvez demander ce que vous voulez, déclara Dieu.

« Tiens, dit-Il a la femme. »

(Dr András Béres, Hongrie)

9. Wendy Espinoza says:

“each person knows how best to be at peace with life”
    i am definetely the kind that launch fearlesly into danger. i love the adrenaline rush that runs through my veins when i’m seeking for new adventures( danger)i think it is because i have so much energy, and it is just impossible to stay still. so i’m always in constant move in search for new things to do.

i have a condition that is called BIPOLAR DISORDER which basically means that i have a manic phase and a depresive phase

it is in my manic phase when i feel all this energy and the feeling to seek for new adventures.

i’m a writer ( i haven’t publish anything yet)
    so it is in my depresive phase,when i am sad and depress that i find my inspiration to write
    i could sit for hours and even days and write beautiful ( in my onw perspective)things.

10. wanbliska says:

Funny. I like that writer.

The date is my motivation. I tried once, now I know I can do something in time, with that faith I encountered.
    The date is a point, a door. In reality time between me and that point is infinite.
    How couldn’t I fulfil what is calling me, while i’m free to walk as speed as I want.

Mostly, I like to work in my way. But, perceiving faster a dicey situation, I stay in anyway. Here are some brakes.

As to the last experience, I had only one fear. I just told the Universe that changed the future. It’s amazing.
    We were totally communing with each other. Maybe, I can only tell that presently. For there were no question about, but about the piece I have to work on.

Nevertheless now, my heart needs to be sound out more. I don’t know if it’s all about fear, or if I flee, not to be brave. Or if it was a useless quest.

These are moments while we can feel how we are as fragile as free. Of course it may be terrifying.

With gratitude

11. Tania says:

Security is like a safety net sometimes ,like having a plan b in case plan A fails..then the universe wont give you plan b because deep down you thought plan A would fail..
    I agree with Agnieszka on this one you will loose enthusiasm ,and drive if you are rescued or bailed out and you wont appreciate your own efforts …Take a chance I say !!
    Perhaps ..

12. Agnieszka says:

Yes, everybody’s different…needs different motivation, different environment to work. Some of us need obstacles, this feeling of the unstable (financial) situation to go for whatever they want to achieve.

It seems that we are like children our whole life;
    they will do whatever it takes to get what they desire, but once they get it, all the effort is gone…;
    receiving it beforehand makes us lose the enthusiasm.

love
    Agnieszka

13. Monika says:

Absolute control is the most widespread illusion of mankind.