Quote of the Day

The first great virtue
of those who seek the spiritual path
is courage.
(The Valkyries)

Comments

1. Nancy says:

I enjoy reading this quote. It is in Coelho's Life book. It gives me energy to be a bit more courageous.
    It's taking time.

2. Tom says:

It’s not courage unless you’re scared

3. Nyree says:

Here’s a funny story, I went to get the word courage tattoed on my arm to reflect a personal journey I was going through at the time, and I wanted to get it in french because i’m msmorised by the language although have not yet learnt it (yet key word) however the charming tatto-ist got it wrong and my tatto says heart instead of courage. So now I have to make up a story as to why I got heart in french tattoed on my arm! But more seriously I think that is a beautiful quote and I think courage is the key factor to making a change in your life and bettering yourself. We are creatures of habit I believe and to change our situation even if it is bad, takes alot of courage.
    XO

4. wanbliska says:

Of course it needs. And it’s simple in a way.
    In another way, invisible is the thing that fears me the most. I don’t know why. In France we’ll say, it’s like playing cat and mouse. I have a serious lack of bravoure there. Also in my life thos three past months.
    But courage seems to arrive with the sun.

Happy days so. “trust, hope, freedom, vision and joy”.

5. g (uk) says:

Courage whilst seeking my spiritual path equals trust, hope, freedom, vision and joy even though I may not understand what is happening.

g
    x

ps. it’s hard..

6. Courage is unknowingly displayed through some daily chores which are part of a person’s life. It can be in different forms and can be intermixed with some other emotions. As it is with everything, the courage cannot exist with the very opposite emotion which we know by the name fear – ‘Without Fear There Cannot Be Any Courage’.

7. Liara Covert says:

Courage is useful. Yet, if we are to separate from judgment and fear, and move to embrace pure love, then imagining a hierarchy of virtues, implying one is better or more important than others, actually hinders our own progress along the spiritual path.

8. Joan says:

Courage without previous reflexion is not wise
    Courage driven by others is not freedom
    Courage due to revenge drives you the wrong way

The first great virtue. Very powerful to take it lightly. Very dangerous if used wrong.

Joan

9. A.V.C. says:

Yes, above all, Courage…

to dare to face the fears,

witholding us.

10. Nancy says:

I enjoy reading this quote. It is in Coelho’s Life book. It gives me energy to be a bit more courageous.
    It’s taking time.

11. iliuta says:

You can’t go further without courage, but what it means this courage? is that like nothing and nobody can’t hurt you(stop following you dreams)?

12. Tania says:

The first step is courageous .Blessings Tania

13. Agnieszka says:

Hmm…yes…
    Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell and rose again.
    Courage can be very misleading, very tricky, all depends on what ground you stand on.
    To have courage is not to play when the best cards are in your pocket, it is to play when your only means are hope and will.

“But he that dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose.”
    Anne Brontë