Reflections of the Warrior of the Light

The warrior of the light sometimes behaves like water, flowing around the many obstacles he encounters.

At certain times, resistance means to be destroyed. At such times, he adapts to circumstances. He accepts, without complaint, that the rocks along the way forge his path down the mountains.

Such is the force of water: it can never be broken by a hammer, or wounded by a knife. The most powerful sword in the world is incapable of leaving a scar on its surface.

The water of a river adapts to the path which is possible, without forgetting its objective: the sea. Fragile at its spring, it gradually acquires the strength of the other rivers it encounters.

And, after a while, its power is absolute.

Comments

1. Doris Schwarz says:

Octavian Paler – “AM invatat”

2. Doris Schwarz says:

Caro Paulo Coelho,
    o texto: “Eu aprendi”
    vem do escritor e filósofo romeno:
    Octavian Paler – “On invatat”

cordiais saudações
    Doris Schwarz

3. Airene C. Terry says:

This is soooo true and I find this the most inspiring thought of all. I love the river and I hope to behave like water, careless and free. Thank you so much for your thoughts. They inspire me. They make me love life more. I am your number one fan. I’ve read all your books, my favorite is of course “The Warrior of the Light”

4. Marie says:

Always inspired by all of your books. You have the divine gift to narrate our lives in such a personal way to each one of us. Thank you for guiding me, giving me the patience and wisdom to follow the river… through its many turnings and sloaps… patiently leading me to the sea… to love, for a second chance.

Thank you for being with me all the way

Marie

5. Jonathan says:

Dear Paulo, I would like to thank you for all your wonderful books that have been a great inspiration in my life. Although, we have yet to met, I consider you a friend and mentor in my life.

I would like to share with you and your readers a story I have clipped from my travel blog which had a great impact on my life.

“I was ready to give up and get back on the train; I decided to give it one more try and go back to a hostel that had put me on a waiting list. Finally, the hostel L’Auberge Palau had only one bed available; I quickly snatched it up. On my bed was a copy of The Pilgrimage by Paulo Coelho: a story about a sacred journey to Santiago Compostela in Northern Spain to become a new man and leave all the past behind. I decided it would become part of my journey and I traveled to that majestic place. In the cathedral of Saint James of Compostela; I felt the undeniable presence of god with me at the moment, and I knew that there was a higher source of power at work here on earth. When I returned home, I quickly picked up a copy of Paulo Coelho’s famous book The Alchemist. I realized everything I would ever need to know about listening to my heart and chasing my dreams. I was the Shepard boy who loved to travel and was seeking his personal treasure by following his dreams. From that moment on, I dedicated my life to becoming a writer. It’s my greatest dream and personal legend. I had finally found what I was looking for; my destiny. Ulysses is still my favorite poem and The Alchemist my favorite book by my favorite writer. So there it is; the story behind my journey to become a travel writer.”

I hope you enjoyed my story, I would love to hear back from you sometime. One of my goals in life is to meet you at some point and share a beautiful conversation. I am currently working on a new blog called http://enlightenyourday.com/ that I hope will bring a little sunshine into the lives of others. Once again thank you for being a great inspiration in my life.

Kindest Regards,

Jonathan

6. Hi. I think the only think that can pervert the stream of rivers and even the seas, is love.
    Love can do sth great that no one could ever think about that.
    But real love. The most piercing sword and canon.
    Love is all.
    thanks.

7. Tania says:

Like a river flows to the sea, to the sea ..Ill be coming home .(.Righteous Brothers)Blessings Tania

This is one part of your prose that made me admire you.So true and so poetic approach.To be applied always in real life.Wise thougts.Great Paulo Coelho

9. Agnieszka says:

Nothing can stop the river…nothing ever could..

love