Reflections of the Warrior of the Light

The warrior of the light knows: everyone is afraid of each other.

This fear can generally be seen in two forms: through aggression, or through submission. They are two sides of the same problem.

That is why, upon being confronted by a someone who inspires terror, the warrior recalls: the other man is just as insecure. He has overcome similar obstacles, and has lived the same problems.

But he knows how to deal with the situation better. Why? Because he uses fear as a motor, not as a brake.

Thus the warrior learns from his opponent, and acts in the same way.

Comments

1. Christo Cruz says:

This is only based upon my own experiences, which of course is a bit ironic. I remember when I was younger and I was over at a friends house watching how my friend got along with his parents and how they enjoyed each others company. Reflecting on the fact that my parents and I argued most of the time and how I wished my family would be more like his.

This obviously changed one day when my friend was over at my house. We were talking with my parents and having quite a good time. When he at one point leaned over and whispered: I'd really like to have a family like yours. My parents and I are always arguing about the silliest things.

All family's have their disputes, but this almost always happens behind closed doors. We tend to think that we're the only one's with the problems and experiences we got. This goes on until we meet (or read about) someone who has experienced the same thing that are troubling us, and also has the courage to share his or her story.

Reading a biography quite literally saved a friend of mines life. So if people can read about your trials and tribulations (both good and bad). And even more importantly be reminded that even though you are a great writer with enormous amounts of knowledge, you are a mortal with weaknesses and baggage like the rest of us. I think that, that can only benefit everybody who needs the inspiration to chose the path of the warrior of the light.

Hope this was of some value. Thank you for every book you have written and all the books you will write in the future. But thanks most of all for being a mortal ;)

Kindest regards Christo

2. aditya says:

for anyone who care to venture here ! I found out the answer to my yesterday’s question. How does one use fear as a motor ?

It’s simple, by recognising fear and then taking steps to change conditions which will mitigate the fear, fear can galvanise one into action also ! those who are able to retain their ‘balance’ even in face of fear are warriors of light !

love
    aditya

3. aditya says:

what is the menaing of using fear as a motor, we know fear acts like a brake, it paralyses, but how does one use fear as a motor ?

“Thus the warrior learns from his opponent, and acts in the same way.” by acting in the same way as his opponent acts is not the warrior loosing his position, his reason for the war, for a warrior is it more important to fight a just war or like rest of the world today, even for him only winning is important? would apperciate some responses from ‘old pals’ here, just because evry time we don’t mention each other by name does not mean their presence and contributions on this site goes unnoticed.

love
    aditya

4. Liara Covert says:

You can learn from everyone and move beyond the control of emotions. As you learn to detach as a more astute observer, you interactions cahnge and your view of yourself also changes.

Just su true.Agressivity is always a sign of weakness,a stron man is calm even during a battle,peronaly I think attack and terror dont pay.Like always, balance is the key word.

6. chehaw says:

It’s amazing to think we are afraid of each other. We put on masks, projecting strength, yet beneath them we are vulnerable. It’s a shame we don’t embrace our vulnerability more, instead of running from it. We could gather much if we did.

7. Maria-M says:

According to Gary Zukav, there is only two “real emotions” “love and trust”, and “fear and doubt”. Everything we do, every emotion we experience stems from one of these two. When we act in anger, what we really are doing is reacting to fear. When we are submissive, it is also fear that prompts us to act this way. The quest for the warrior is to recognize the fear and not let it control you. Take a moment to feel what is going on, before you act. When we act out of love and trust, we may feel vulnerable, but it’s this vulnerability the vehicle for personal growth. When we act from love and trust, nothing can really hurt us, because we trust in ourselves that whatever obstacle we encounter however strong the emotion, we can overcome it. Trust that even if someone hurts us we can heal. Trust that the universe is there to show us the way, and what doesn’t kill you, will only make you stronger.

8. Christo Cruz says:

This obviously changed one day when my friend was over at my house. We were talking with my parents and having quite a good time. When he at one point leaned over and whispered: I’d really like to have a family like yours. My parents and I are always arguing about the silliest things.

All family’s have their disputes, but this almost always happens behind closed doors. We tend to think that we’re the only one’s with the problems and experiences we got. This goes on until we meet (or read about) someone who has experienced the same thing that are troubling us, and also has the courage to share his or her story.

Kindest regards Christo