Reflections of an explorer of Kanchenjunga

By an explorer of mount Kanchenjunga:

“I climbed the highest mountain in my land, and could see the whole world around it. While I was there, I could see more that I can put into words, and understood more than I can express.

“If, however, I were to better define what those moments high up on Kanchenjunga really meant, I would say: seen from high up, all things – rivers, trees, snow, grass – seem as one, and my heart was filled with joy, because I was part of everything. When I understood this, even alone on the top of a mountain, I understood that I was close to all things on this Earth.”

Comments

Why is almost exactly the way I felt while I were in a simillar place?I remember that mountain was considered by many an “axis mundi”,a sort of ladder that unifies heaven and earth,that is soul and body,human and Divine.It is something that way?Might be.Bye.love you all

2. Charles says:

I’ve just spent 2 days on the island of Mull off the West Coast of Scotland – I was born in Fort William, less than 2 hours away and I live in Edinburgh just 4 hours away. I’m 41 years old and I cannot believe it has taken me a lifetime to go to that island – it is truly beautiful.

Whilst on the island, I bought ‘The Witch of Portobello’ – Portobello is about a 20 minute car ride from were I live.

I have been reading Paulo’s books for several years now. But this one has so much resonance for my life.

Miracle… not sure I believe in them… being part of Gaia – now that makes much more sense.

Sometimes, we need to take time out to realise it and somehow being with nature really sparks it off.

But you know, now I am home, I actually only need 5 minutes in the garden. Once the door is open, you’ll never close it again.

Love & Light.

1. Thankyou Charles! Last night I was searching for a favorite quote from The Witch of Portobello, found it at CrowWoman53 ‘s website (along with some special music. Cher had said at one time, that ‘if love can grow through a crack in the concrete, love can find you at every time of your life’. A song at CrowWoman53 ‘s site was ‘Concrete Angel’. Crow is the self-chosen nickname of my Guardian Angel) I said a special thankyou to CrowWoman53.).
      Hoping that your garden is doing very well.
      Love and Light,
      Jane xo

3. Tania says:

Sometimes its hard to put into words what we feel or see ..its being one with everything around you ..not separate .Its being connected to the divine in the universe -the flow of life .
    Love and Light Tania

4. Nanci says:

For me, it’s difficult to put a name to that which is basically indescribable. I understand what the explorer says, can say that I have a knowing or an understanding of his experience, but I know in my heart that anything I say about the experience will never do it justice.

If I talk about personal knowledge of a feeling of universal connectedness, I attach a label that may help you to arrive at an understanding of my experience. Or perhaps, from your experience, it will be a sign pointing to my own maddness. Either way, the words “universal connectedness” are such small human words in comparison with the knowledge and unspoken language of spirit.

You see? I told you it is impossible for me to describe the indescribable…

In the meantime, I look forward to hearing more of what everyone else has to say.

5. wanbliska says:

Yes, I often sit in that place, but eyes closed. i don’t know that mountain, and never been on in real. But I know it in some way. This is a place we could have a “ladder” to feel the whole as one, and yet, that strong feeling could be explored in a simple street. We’re in at any time.

“Seen from high up”: Like an eagle, a falcon. Incredible sight of no time running, and love flying. A smile on a face immediately, the orgasm of the Universe. God’s belly.

Beautiful explorer.