Reflections of the Warrior of the Light – When evil appears

Sometimes evil pursues the warrior. So, he calmly invites it into his tent.

The warrior asks evil: “do you want to injure me, or use me to wound others?”

Evil pretends not to hear. It says it knows the warrior’s soul inside out. It touches unhealed wounds, and calls for revenge. It reminds him that it knows many subtle tricks and poisons, which will help the warrior destroy his enemies.

The warrior of the light listens. If evil becomes distracted, he makes it talk some more, asking for details of all of its projects.

After listening to everything, he stands and leaves. Evil has spoken so much, is so tired and so empty, that it hasn’t the strength to follow him.

A warrior must pay attention to evil, if he wishes to do Good.

Comments

1. Kristi says:

Been looking a lot lately for the exact way I have been feeling – this is a great interpretation. Beautifully written

2. […] Reflections of the Warrior of the Light – When evil appears By Paulo Coelho […]

3. Agnieszka says:

Yes..and sometimes it also serves as a wake up call.
    love
    Agnieszka

4. Monika says:

Calmly invite evil into your tend! You don’t have to worry, if laughing and humour live in your tend. Evil don’t get along with them and will disappear voluntarily again, because it can’t take a joke.

5. Nia Wind says:

Sorry, but my idea from the evil is such a different:

SHUT UP!!!

I never want to hear again what evil is speaking. Those words make me ill, cause the evil speak with lost energy and he want to take all the energy from the people.
    He didn´t follow? He must not, cause his words are in the heads, so he can chose the way for the people…
    So my answer to the evil:
    Shut up, before I will call Jesus to send you into hell again!!!

Love
    Nia

6. little_miss_sorry says:

Listening is indeed important coz by which we can thoroughly analyze the facts and situations presented before us; it is by listening that we are able to make the next possible steps to undertake…

7. Ravyn says:

The symbolism here is absolutely beautiful. That was a treat; thanks for sharing it!

8. Iqra says:

Paul from Austria
    I agree with you, and wow I also need to learn to shut up :P but i talk too much aswell.

And Paulo, everytime I come to your blog, I learn always something new and interesting :D Thankyou.
    God Bless You,
    Love,
    Iqra

9. Tania says:

There is a time for talking and a time to listen -and as Paul said sometimes you just have to sit down ,belt up and shut up ..Blessings Tania

10. Green Rose says:

great advice sir.

by the way, do you check the answers at seesmic?

thanks for reminding me very important thing.keeping up the guard.bye,love you

12. wanbliska says:

Paul from Austria,

Haha! ;)

13. Agnieszka says:

Yes..and sometimes it also serves as a wake up call.
    love
    Agnieszka

14. wanbliska says:

That’s true that evil loses its energy, when we let him talk. While it is taking us with it, if we try to follow him.
    Listening to injure could nevertheless get someone tired.
    And we could sometimes mix lesson with evil. Since ego is attacked.
    The warrior has to hide his plans, but good the time is for him, when he could imagine evil’s one.
    Also it’s a good thing, evil is about to steal less time. The warrior is about to better distinguish, and better feel his good actions.