The sealed lip

The disciple of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov went to him:

“I cannot talk to God.”

“This often happens,” said Nachman. “We feel that our lips are sealed, or that the words do not come. However, the simple fact that effort is needed to overcome the situation, is a beneficial attitude.”

“But it is not enough,” insisted the disciple.

“You are right. At such times, what you must do is look up and say: “My God, I am far from You and cannot believe in my voice.”

“For, in truth, God listens and always answers. It is only we who cannot speak, fearful that He is not paying attention.”

Comments

1. [...] The sealed lip By Paulo Coelho The disciple of Rabbi Nachman of Breslov went to him: “I cannot… [...]

2. Nia Wind says:

@paul from austria

austria is connecting the world….lol

Nia
    (from austria too)

3. Tania says:

Yes that is so true – sometimes we just need to take it all in before we speak ,we need to understand and express what we are really trying to say ..Blessings Tania

4. Nia Wind says:

in the old native believing (cherokee)
    they told this as:

“Close your mouth!
    So your ears can listen!”

take silence, believe in the light, let the question out of your heart
    and
    god will answer

in eternity

Nia

We can communicate through spirit,not only trough words.God is able to see inside our hearts.

6. Agnieszka says:

“It is only we who cannot speak, fearful that”…we’re not worthy.

love
    Agnieszka

When I was a child, about 4-5 years old, I found out the power of prayer. The prayer, that came, from my desires!! I had seen an immediate..response. I was frightened, because I knew that I was not ‘wise’ and my desires might bring unhappiness to others… So I started paying/saying: My Father give me, bring in my way whatever You judge I deserve. So I live, in peace. LOVE, THELMA

8. aditya says:

“For, in truth, God listens and ALWAYS answers.”

perhaps Tthat is why s/he is God ! us humans don’t have the same abilities, neither can be listen to all the pleas / appeals made to us, and of those we listen to, we most certainly cannot answer all ! unless silence is taken as an answer !

wierd ? ha ha