Dealing with the moment

Paulo Coelho

The Latin root of the word “responsibility” reveals its meaning: the capability to respond, to react.

A responsible warrior is capable of observing and training. And he is even capable of being “irresponsible”: at times he allows himself to be lead by the situation, and does not respond, does not react.

But he has learned the lessons; he has taken an attitude, heard advice, been humble enough to accept help.

A responsible warrior is not he who carries on his shoulders the weight of the world; it is he who knows how to deal with the challenges of the moment.

Comments

1. luce says:

Dear Paulo,

For me the best part of message is about warrior and “irresponsability”.

Yes, learn lesson, take attitude, hear advice and be humble to accept help and know how to deal with challenges of the moment ! – I thank you !

Thank you for lesson !
    Thank you for advice !

Love
    Luce

2. Also on humility,

“How can one know better or beauty or appreciation or love unless one has known profound sadness.”_Michael Pokocky 2008

3. Humility is a virtue well worth the price it takes to learn it; understand it; and live it.

4. Nelson D'Silva says:

I have got a big challenge coming up – my wife will be going to India for two weeks tomorrow, to meet her brother and his family who will be coming to Bombay from Australia, she especially wants to meet her nephew Mark for the first time.

I will be here in Kuwait, with Joshua, who is 10 years old and Daniel who is eight. We all would have gone with her, but my son’s exams are going on.

My challenge is to take up their lessons (I just don’t have the patience), and the second is to prepare breakfast in the morning (Jesus, help me).

Please keep me in your prayers. I have told my boys, whatever the outcome, their results and my experiments in the kitchen, the bottom line is we are going to have fun.

5. lloydmichael says:

very inpiring sir, hope to meet you someday..

6. Heart says:

My challenge of the Moment today was a flat tire. Grrrr God Bless the person who helped me change it!

7. Toni says:

You can’t possibly know how much I needed to read this this morning. I am going in to surgery in 2 hours and have had some serious aniety and pressures weighing on me as I try to prepare.

The synchronicity is blessed and awesome. Thank you for the insight.

yes,I like this.Sometimes the brave have to find courage even for asking help.I think a balanced person have to act even little foolish sometimes,so he would not burst .I remember the words of my fellow in University”The greatest murderes are the quietest person,always”.And I would like to add my opinion.One great person is the one who is able to get togheter other person in order to fight for the cause.than we have a charismatic leader.Like Paulo.

Sorry, I made a mistake above!! ATLAS was the titan who was holding the World on his shoulders.
    LOVE,
    THELMA

We cannot, for sure, ‘carry on our shoulders the weight of the world’, like Antaeus, but, I think, we can be responsible for our actions, choices, words and thoughts. These are our partaking in the … creation!
    LOVE,
    THELMA

11. nho(spain) says:

Quien se ocupa del peso del mundo entonces? No es mejor combatir el mal de Gaia, que guerrear entre nuestros primitivos conceptos de ser mejores unos que otros?
    Para cuando el manual de La unidad hace la fuerza, pero algunos piensan que la unidad es suficiente cuando ya es eficiente :(