Being master of your sword

Paulo Coelho

A sword may last a short time. But the warrior must endure.

That is why he is not fooled about his own capability, and avoids being taken by surprise. He considers each thing with the importance it deserves.

At times, when faced with grave matters, the devil whispers in his ear: "do not worry about that, it’s not serious."

At others, facing banal things, the demon tells him: "you should devote all your energy to resolve this situation."

The warrior does not listen to what the devil is saying.

He is master of his sword.

Comments

1. El Dormido says:

One morning I woke up and watched myself listing all the things that were wrong, who was to blame and how I was going to get back at them. Then I realized what I was doing! I was creating a world of contention, animosity and strife even before I got my pants on!!!

The devils don't need any help to bring me to confusion. I have a compelling set of habitual bad patterns of thinking and feeling as well as acting.

My daily effort, actually moment by moment, is to let all those things wash over and past me as I remain centered in awareness of the moment reaching for conscious and dynamic contact with my God, thereby maintaing a poise amidst all things, all influences, all circumstance.

All cannot control either the world around me nor all those things within me that seek to rise up and drive me. So I yield in surrender to the spiritual reality that sustains me.

I don't necessarily go to church but I sure pray!

2. Essa says:

You’re right… But sometimes we forget that. Thank you for reminding me.

3. First Lady says:

In a world still dominated by patriarchal theism, the best thing I ever did was to kill Vladimir Putin with kindness.
    Russia is now a Christian nation again. It took the divine necessity of forgiveness of one assassin to achieve this.

4. Tania says:

Yes we must trust in our own sword ..trust in the universe for it is real and we are connected then to our own inner universe too ..
    Blessings Tania

5. Nia Wind says:

*learning, learning, learning*

*using, using, using*

prepare… :-)

Nia Wind

6. Carlotta says:

E’ insegnamento iniziatico che chiunque cerchi un Maestro, non sarĂ  lasciato solo.

7. El Dormido says:

The devils don’t need any help to bring me to confusion. I have a compelling set of habitual bad patterns of thinking and feeling as well as acting.

I don’t necessarily go to church but I sure pray!

We must use our wisdom and intuition to distinguish the voice of our Guardian Angel,the voice of our EGO, the voice of Devil and the voice of INNER DIVINE SELF.
    Our infallible guide is the ‘feeling of LOVE’.
    LOVE,
    THELMA

9. Heart says:

A young lady recently told me; ‘The devil doesn’t come to you. It is you who go searching for the devil’. Interesting. And, as this text suggest, just don’t listen to negativity. Psychologists talk about people with psychopathic traits, if somebody has no empathy and exploits others badly. To learn to say ‘NO’ to personalities like this and to run when they come near, has been a good strategy for me. As a counselor once said; ‘One cannot miss a domineering person’. It’s a relief to get away from suppression.

Yes,because an ocean is made up by many many little drops.So,little things might be very important,even decide destiny.Only is not very easy to see what is the real important thing.Intuition might help?

11. luce says:

Dear Paulo,

This is realy good and essential to remember !

Love,