Changing attitudes

A university professor practices Tai Chi with enthusiasm, but little by little he becomes more tired and decides to stop.

- I am sorry, but I cannot go on – he tells his master. – After all, I have dedicated so many years to studying philosophy that I ended up forgetting my body.

- It is a pity that you are giving up. Because I too have dedicated much time to studying philosophy, and that was exactly what reminded me of my body.

Comments

1. Suchmaschine says:

Blogging der moderne Weg zum Reichtum: Wie junge Leute mit Köpfchen mit Blogging Millionen verdienen, sich dennoch völlig ihrem gegenwärtigen Job widmen, … ihre Karriere verfolgen

2. Undeniably consider that that you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to bear in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed whilst other folks think about issues that they plainly do not recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and defined out the entire thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

3. i am always practicing tai-chi because it enhances both the mind and body*

4. gazebo's says:

More people need to read this and understand this aspect of the story. I cant believe you’re not more popular.

5. Owen Bell says:

my friend is a tai-chi master and he encourages me to enroll in his class’**

6. Alisha Cox says:

I practive both Tai-Chi and meditation on my spare time. It is really good for general health.*`*

We become wise not but studying or learning philosophy but by putting into effect all our knowledge. Through our bodily and psychical senses, we experience life. Pain, tears, emotions,pleasure, memories, sentiments, are all our treasures in our hearts and souls that we … carry with us to the ..other dimensions and also, after we .. die. It is the perishable that will become imperishable, while our ..bodies will return to our Mother Earth. Our bodies are the vehicles that we ..experience life.
    Love,
    Thelma

8. We so easily forget that our minds, bodies, and spirits form an interlocking triad: each node of the three supports the other.

9. Marina says:

Você podia escrever em português também, pra variar :|

10. oli says:

i don*t know what is tai chi,but i think the philosofy must unite both body and mind.one who wants to learn doesn*t get tired.
    thank u mr.Coehlo for making me want to live and think again.
    God give u long life and power.

11. YuZhu,Chen says:

Dear Paulo Coelho,
    I come from China. I have read the christmas story you write for Chinese readers.The story is beautiful,I feel excited to read it and I will share this story with my students.At last,thank you for your christmas story.
    yours sincerely
    YuZhu,Chen

12. franoise33 says:

Everyday is an other day ,and we change little by little , howewer may be we don’t realize we’re changing day after day ,and suddenly we may be an other person ,because we become aware of the change!

13. Monika says:

Mens sana in corpore sano – I go swimming now.

14. Savita Vega says:

Dear Alexandra,

I feel very much the same.

Just yesterday I ran into an old friend, actually a high-school sweetheart, for the first time in twenty years. Though we once walked the same road – as kids, as teenagers – our lives have indeed taken different paths. He was sharing with me quite candidly, the highs and lows, ups and downs of the past twenty years of his life: how many times he has been arrested…jailed…imprisoned. As though not five minutes had passed since we last talked, he openly confessed, “I am what they call a ‘functional addict.’” Later, I was thinking about what that means – to be an “addict” – and more specifically, what it means to have an “addictive personality.” Me – I’m the opposite. It seems I can’t become addicted to anything. Nothing holds my attention for long, and it is difficult for me to focus on anything for an extended period of time. Always there is the next thing: the next big interest or sudden attraction. I am like one side of a velcro strip – I stick to nothing because the other side seems to be missing, or somehow I just can’t find it. I can’t imagine being “an addict” to anything, because I have no stick-to-it-iveness whatsoever, no cling. I’m like a piece of scotch tape that’s lost its stickiness – I may hold for a moment, and it may seem that I’m going to stick, but then peel right off.

15. Paty says:

a veces los problemas no están donde creemos que están….

I think all depends on someones personality.I like to change from time to time.I practice almost always some sport,and I remember how boring is when you know exactly what movement would be the next.Maybe not everybody feel like that,but my nature cant stand same things again and again,I like to learn not one sport,not one language,to visit different places .Even with partner is same,I need new things,something that might surprise me.I think there are people that love to have a routine,something sure.Me too,only my limits are different.

17. T.K. says:

WOW! Excellent! This is what I call a “God-wink” (not a coincidence). I practice Chi Kung (Qigong) and in the last few weeks have not been as disciplined as I was months ago.

This ‘changing attitudes’ post helps me to put it all into perspective. Thank you Paulo.

18. Lance says: