The art of waking up

Paulo Coelho

The warrior of the light is waking from his sleep.

He thinks: “I don’t know how to deal with this light, it makes me grow.”

Nonetheless, the light does not disappear.

The warrior thinks: “changes will have to be made that I don’t have the will to make.”

The light continues there – because “will” is a very tricky word.

So the warrior’s eyes and heart begin to grow used to the light.

He does not get scared; he begins to accept his Legend, even though it means running risks.

The warrior has been sleeping for a long time. It is only natural that he wakes up little by little.

Comments

1. Monika says:

Let it grow, let it grow,
    let it blossom, let it flow!

2. Saran says:

thank you for speaking to my spirit yet again…it gives me hope to know that my doubts along the journey are a progression to be worked through..

3. Adina says:

It’s an art.

4. This reminds me very much of my own path… at first I didn’t even have a spiritual direction. But as the light came in a little bit, it created an opening… and it is an opening which has continued to grow and grow whether I fight it or join it.

I am reminded of why you say “will” is such a tricky word. Most of the time, we think we need “will” to overcome things… to do… to persevere. I am learning that “will” can be something different. It can be an allowing… for example allowing God’s will to flow through us. In this way, will is not about doing – it is about being.

Very tricky… and perhaps one day I will embody this understanding with all of my being. For now, I am grateful for embodying it with even a little bit of opening in my life.

5. Pandora says:

The Living Flame Of Love – Saint John of the Cross

“How gently and lovingly
    you wake in my heart,
    where in secret you dwell alone;
    and in your sweet breathing,
    filled with good and glory,
    how tenderly you swell my heart with love”.

Good Morning!

6. Kenia Morales says:

When my feet had landed steadily
    You stepped in
    At the right moment
    No coincidences right?
    I know you understand
    Cause only a crazy enough mind can
    But, I have to thank him for your existence
    Or thank you,
    When the World and even my most intimate walked out
    You stepped in,
    You were my tiny glimpse of light
    In the dark
    But, that is love
    It can appear to be diminutive
    Yet, so infinite
    It is the way it is and will always be.
    Nothing is stronger than love,
    So, all we have to do is let it REIGN!!

Your friend,
    Kenia Morales

P.S. This is the first time I reply on your blog and won’t post for a while. However, whenever I do you will know it’s me.

like a cat,wise animal.is streching her body well ,dont start to walk all of a sudden

Our symbol, the Butterflies! The cirlce of life.

The story reminds me of Plato’s cave. We are ‘here’ in chains, perceiving the shadows as real. Once we see … the light we start awakening.. It takes a lot a courage to … wake up.
    LOVE,
    Thelma

9. I’ve been sleeping for so, so long but I’m really afraid of waking up and take the risk. It’s so easy to feel safe with so little.

10. Monika says:

The sun rises slowly – first there is twilight. So you will grow used to the light little by little and looking forward to a bright day.

11. T.K. says:

This is phenomenal! I’ve been struggling with the concept – not my will, but thy will be done. Trying to accept the truth of my life and not what I perceived that truth to be all these years.

I needed this encouragement today. It lets me know that its a process, step by step…little by little. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I don’t feel as anxious anymore about ‘waking up’.

12. This reminds me of the Seed exercise.

13. Anlao says:

YES, waking up because the light is always there.
    And until my heart was ready, I didn’t know that the light was love. His love.
    And inexplicably, without even seeing him for so long,
    NOW I KNOW.

14. Monika says:

Let it grow, let it grow,
    let it blossom, let it flow!

15. Kosmos says:

Dear Paulo,
    Just wanting to say hello
    and to let you know
    that sometimes I have flaws
    that just won’t flow
    Often it’s go go go
    ready for Mission Apollo
    Looking for my halo
    and playing dominoes
    It’s all so musico
    I am entering the point Zero
    Please let me know
    How do I get back into the flow?