Wizard of Id

Wizard of Id

Comments

1. manu habe says:

Its just that people always try to deal instead of paying the actual price for what they get. How many don't think about the way their food travels? But how balance different measures:
    leaving for a fulfilled life or leaving someone behind?
    belief or self-confidence?

Some go together, some don't…

2. candie says:

Yes Thelma,it’s true.We need to be grateful to still have a roof on our head and food in the fridge,but for how long?With this crise,terrible one,I think we need to give even if it’s just a little,cause they are still people poorer than yourself.For example,at the moment I get not much money and they have cut 200 euros from help this month without telling me why,still battle to have the answer but didn’t prevent me to give food for the ones in need yesterday as it was the collect of “Les Resto du coeur”.I’m actually gonna write a post about Coluche later,he was a real beautiful soul,can you imagine if France had that man as a president?Yeah,they put him out of picture right away unfortunately and now we have to endure the return of Napoleon as well.Sorry if I’m a bit rude those days,just have enough of all that crap!

Inflation is out of control!!

Reading what Susan has written above [we do not have this tradition in my country] and the cartoons above, it means that the dollar has lost its value!! So is the Pound and I think, the same is going to happen to the Euro. The monetary system has collapsed.

My lap-top had a problem again, since yesterday.[Something went wrong with the up-dates.] I paid last week 50 Euros for service and today another .. 30 Euros for repair! Well, I said to my husband, since we have ‘things’ they need .. repair and maintenance. Only ‘dead’ people do not need money!!
    And he looked at me and said: We do not know it !!! ;]

I wonder, how the people who have a family, who must pay rent, and all the family expenses, can survive with one or two low salaries per month? Everything has become so expensive. I was reading the other day that for the first time in many years, people in France are searching into cabbages for ..food. Whenever I go out from my home or listen to the World News, I have this feeling of worry and frustration coming from the people. The future seems very dull in every aspect of life. I wish I, we, could spread some hope and happines around. Our Planet needs it.
    LOVE,
    Thelma.

4. manu habe says:

Its just that people always try to deal instead of paying the actual price for what they get. How many don’t think about the way their food travels? But how balance different measures:
    leaving for a fulfilled life or leaving someone behind?
    belief or self-confidence?

Some go together, some don’t…

5. susan says:

I am not sure if this custom is practiced throughout the world, but where I live, little bowls of pennies sit by a cash register. If I pay for something and the clerk gives me pennies in change I have the opportunity to put them in the bowl. If the next customer comes along and is a few pennies short, they can take them from the bowl. There is usually a little sign next to the bowl that says, ‘leave a penny take a penny’. The exchange is generosity not sever punishment. Interestingly the little bowls of pennies are always full, even though one will see others taking from the bowl.

It is a generosity. Leave a dollar take a dollar shows that in a world of crisis such as the world is in now, it is going to take much more then pennies of generosity to heal us.

Generosity is learnt best by seeing it first, then participating in it. It is like driving your car in bumper to bumper traffic that is so slow it almost crawls. It is aggravating. Equally aggravated is the man sitting in his car on a side street, hoping to enter the flow of traffic. Generosity tells me to let him get in front of my car. He is happy, so am I because I was generous. More likely then not he too will let someone enter the traffic in front of his car. Iow’s the fruit and the root are all part of one tree. I think this is the point of each story of forgiveness.

?I dont understand.ohhhh

7. Catherine M says:

Ils sont en train d’appliquer la loi de Darwin. Si elle est surement erronée quant à l’humain, elle marche bien avec la thunes. :)

La société ne va pas attendre que l’on soit tous élévés spirituellement pour vivre des hauts et des bas. Et là nous devons faire face à un changement. A un bouleversement même. Car il faut bien se figurer, que les zuzuriers en auront, eux, du blé, quand tous les autres auront mis la clé sous la lourde.

Pourtant, j’y crois profondément, le timing est parfait. Je pense comme Paulo, qu’à la fin, c’est la lumière qui gagne.
    Restera plus que les usuriers et leurs zuzufruits. Mais nous, d’ici là, nous aurons développé une sacrée arme. Voire une arme sacrée.

Avec amour,