Mango Store in Qatar by Sara

Thank you Sara!
Mango and I have develop this project together in which they will be printing quotes of mine in T-shirts.
Today is the worldwide release and the money of the sales will be sent to my Institute in Brazil that takes care of 450 children.
For more information you can go here

Below is the picture Paula took yesterday in Madrid:

Up-date : the Tshirts will be hitting 450 stores in 93 countries today – so you will not have difficulty finding them. There is also the possibility of buying them online by going to the website of Mango

Comments

1. A powerful share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a bit of evaluation on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love studying extra on this topic. If possible, as you turn into expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra details? It’s highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this weblog put up!

2. angela herbert says:

I am trying to order a shirt online as there are NO Mangos near me…I am having trouble finding it on the website. Please help..I do not want to miss out on this opportunity!

3. […] Mango Store in Qatar by Sara Thank you Sara! Mango and I have develop this project together in which they… […]

Dear Paulo,
    Is that what it is? For the children with Cancer and depression? with the Logo Warrior of the Light?
    Can I talk to you about that Please?
    I would like to know if I am on the right track.
    I will be arriving in Paris on the 16th of this month.
    Is it possible for us to meet the next day please?
    Love
    Marie-Christine

5. Keith says:

Thanks Asif.

I have no problem with raising money for the kids, no problems with t-shirts with quotations from Paulo, but I feel very queezy about links with a fashion chain and all what they stand for.

Read The Winner Stands Alone, Paulo says it all!

That other Spanish fashion chain Prada has recently been exposed for exploitation of garment workers in Turkey. I can only hope better conditions prevail for those that supply Mango.

The free publicity Mango are getting out of this, would far exceed the ‘profits’ donating.

see also continuation of discussion

Keith

6. Asif says:

Well said Keith!!!

7. Keith says:

Is the Paulo Coelho who has launched a range of clothes in partnership with a fashion chain, the same Paulo Coelho who wrote The Winner Stands Alone, a savage indictment of the fashion industry?

I am no follower of fashion, though I have no problem with people being stylishly dressed, following their own free will. What I hate is people being manipulated by the fashionistas. The t-shirt looks good.

I have though some questions. The cause is good, to raise money for Instituto Paulo Coelho, of that I have no doubt. Of what are the t-shirts made? Is it organic cotton? Industrial cotton is one of the most environmentally damaging crops that Man grows. Organic cotton is much pleasanter to wear. Organic cotton is biodegradable and can easily be recycled. Are the t-shirts fair trade? It would be the ultimatum irony if a critic of fashion, links with a fashion chain to raise money to help street kids and the clothes come out of a a sweatshop employing child labour.

Who will wear these t-shirts? Will it be fans of Paulo Coelho, readers of his blog or a wider public?

Do I now chat to people wearing Paulo Coelho t-shirts?

My intro to Paulo Coelho was meeting a very attractive girl sat reading The Zahir outside a pub by the river in Guildford. We got chatting as I was curious as what had her so engrossed. The tables were turned a few weeks later when I was in Brighton sat outside Iydea, one of my favourite eating places, and my reading matter became a topic of conversation. [see Synchronicity and Paulo Coelho]

City of God is well worth watching, even better watch Favela Rising, but a word of warning, it is very violent.

I saw Favela Rising at the BeyondTV International Film Festival 2006, Cannes it is not. We were warned of the violent nature of the film. Sufficiently impressed I later went out and bought the film.

Favela Rising is the story of the work AfroReggae do with the street kids in the favelas of Rio.

Thelma mentions Mango has a shop in Cyprus. Where? Nicosia, Paphos, Limmasol, Larnaca, Protaras?

The High Street in Guildford has a lot of trendy fashion shops, but I cannot recall ever seeing a Mango, though I must admit, I only frequent the bookshops and Ben’s Records, so I probably would not have noticed even if there was one.

Is a t-shirt bearing meaningful words from a critic of the fashion industry the ultimate chic?

Synchronicity: I wrote these thoughts last night. In the post this morning came news from Labour Behind the Label of their Clean Clothes Campaign and their report Cashing In. Labour Behind the Label works to improve the conditions of garment workers worldwide by raising awareness of their conditions. Companies shamed: supermarket chain Tesco, supermarket chain Asda, cheap clothing chain Primark, fashion chain Prada.

8. Shabnam says:

WOOOOW I am sooo glad! Looking forward to seeing the T-shirts in Mango stores of Azerbaijan as well : ) Support that the sales will donate to the children !

9. Hi Paulo! Atma Namaste!

WooHoo!!! Blessings!!! Blessings of HUGE Success to this project!!!
    The kids in Brazil will be happyyy!!! THANK YOU for this!!!

With TONS of Love, from my heart to your heart, BEIJOOO!!!

Marta From Brazil

10. ricah quindong says:

this is great! is it available here in the Philippines? i haven’t gone to any Mango store yet today…

11. Breda says:

‘A Paulo Quote A Day, Keeps The Docter away’ !!!!

Congratultions on yet another wonderful idea-fun for all,inspiring and of benefit to the children.

Kealan and I better NOT be seen going around in matching T-shirts
    Love,
    Breda

12. Ana María says:

Paulo…
    Muchas felicidades por el proyecto, me parece una idea muy buena…sobre todo en estos tiempos en que la gente es muy individualista, es una buena manera de ayudar y de retribuir lo que la vida nos ha entregado…..
    Felicidades….

13. Juliane says:

Paulo, you make us women happy . Now we can connect fashion, our loved author and social help. What a nice idea.
    I love it.