A Creative Promotion

My Polish publisher, Basia Stepien, decided to ask the readers to write a screenplay to show a “trailer” of the book in Polish cinemas. Great idea, great result, congratulations Basia and the reader who won the best screenplay!

Comments

1. The “little” movie is very nice, excellent idea to create a trailer for the book. I imagine the characters differently then the director. Only Igor is who is similar to character what I have imagined on my mind.

Dear Paulo, do you think you will have a movie based on your novel? Maybe, will win some prize …at Cannes festival!

1. Paulo Coelho says:

Dear Alexandra,
      I am not really interested in this possibility for the moment. First I want to get acquainted with the movie that happens inside the heads of each one of you.
      This for me is more rewarding.
      Much love
      Paulo

Dear Paulo, you made me smile.. ‘The .. movie that happens inside the heads of each one of ..us!!’ Dramas, comedies, tragedies, love stories..
      For a reason I feel so much connected with everybody in the Blog… It is now an … obsession, but a beautiful feeling of connection and love too. It seems that your … aura reaches us and .. Lightens us.
      LOVE,
      Thelma.

Thank you for reply, and I think you are so right. A book gives us the possibility to built the scenes, and a movies just shows a point of view of a script or director…Thats why is hard that a movie is as good as the book . But happened that I saw a touching film, and than I decided to read the book.
      Love
      Alexandra

3. Heart says:

Great sound and picture effects to make a little cinematic masterpiece. Well, I wouldn’t expect less from Poland, which has fostered incredible artists like Krysztof Kieslowski…His movies ‘Red’, ‘Blue’ and ‘White’ ..omg…and I’m sitting here with ‘The Decalogue’. I need to watch these two movies again.

Congratulations Basia!

Dear Heart, BFFE!!, I liked so much the Kieslowski’ s Trilogy too!
      Do not forget the F. Chopin was Polish too!!
      LOVE,
      Thelma.

The music gives the atmosphere of the book, but mostly the darkness in Igor’s soul..
    Nice trailer.. I have read the book, so to it is taking a ‘face’ now..
    LOVE,
    Thelma.

5. Devy Man says:

a good step … but a long path untill the top of the staircase *

6. This is the first time I see a book promoted in this way. I am impressed, excellent work!

7. Ca says:

Querido Mestre,

Mto criativa e muito bem feita esta produção. Parabéns!!

Adorei!

Meu amor, meu respeito e minha gratidão,

Cassia

Dear Basia Stepien
    I really like the “Creative promotion” you did.
    That was excellent.
    In “Zwyciesca jest sam” you put a face in the characters. I like that idea. It is do different.
    Maybe that is the way to promote books for the future.
    That was ingenious. Thank you.
    I am not sure whether it was a Polish production.
    I watched a ballet’s video from “Veronika decides to die” a while ago on this blog. That was great too.
    There is so much talent around that we never hear about.
    Good to see that it is coming to the surface at last.
    Thanks for that Paulo,

Love :)
    Marie-Christine

I am so sorry.Dear Paulo, what might be the reason that your last novel does not appear in my country.The country you talk about in “The Witch of Portobello”. How can I talk or discuss in any way about a book I have no chance to get.So so sorry.The trailer seem great,I didnt watched all because first I want to read the book.