Aleph

OCTOBER 2011: ALEPH IS ALREADY PUBLISHED IN MORE THAN 40 COUNTRIES
Publication dates 2011
FOR ALEPH IN AMAZON.COM, PLEASE CLICK HERE
________________________________

“When you reach the end of the novel and reflect on it, you realise that the sublime place that contains all lives and all universes is not just in its pages or in the title of the book. In literary terms, Paulo Coelho’s novel is, itself, the Aleph.”
Pilar Obón

“When I was twenty-two, I devoted myself to the study of magic. I followed various paths, walked too close to the edge of the abyss, slipped and fell, gave up and returned to the path. I imagined that by the time I reached fifty-nine, I would be close to achieving the paradise and absolute peace that I think I see in the smiles of Buddhist monks. However, the search for peace has its price, and I ask myself: just how far am I prepared to go?”

In a frank and surprising personal story, which draws the reader in from the very first page, Paulo Coelho reveals how a grave crisis of faith caused him to go in search of a path of spiritual renewal and growth. In order to get close to God again, he decided to start over: to travel, to experiment, to reconnect with people and the world.

Between March and July 2006, letting himself be guided by signs, he travelled to various continents – Europe, Africa and Asia – on a journey through time and space, through past and present, in search of himself.

As the journey progresses, Paulo gradually emerges from his isolation, sheds both ego and pride and opens himself up to friendship, love, faith and forgiveness, unafraid to confront the inevitable challenges of life.

In Brasil, as soon as it was released. ALEPH went directly to # 1 in all major bestselling lists, and kept the position for several weeks.

ALEPH will be published world wide during 2011

Comments

Je viens de commencer la lecture d’Aleph …..
    Je suis perdue, je me cherche ……. depuis 2 ans et j’espère y trouver ce que je cherche ou plutot y trouver comment me retrouver ………Ce livre, je suis tombée dessus par hasard …peut etre pas finalement……un signe surement.
    Alexandra

2. Sacha Robinson says:

Please can you tell me if Aleph has been translated into Turkish? I really would like my boyfriend to read it in his mother tongue. We met in an aleph in Dalyan that also held my best friend, and mirror, in an aleph some 11 years previous. It wasn’t just the backdrop of scenery there- there is an energy there I do not have the Turkish to describe. Many thanks for any response you can give me. Your literature is true to the heart and resonates with so many seeking souls. Thanks God for your ability to touch so many.

1. Paulo Coelho says:

Yes. It is called ELIF in Turkish

3. Vinn says:

I agree and understand that our lives, our experiences and every decision we make overcoming a moral dilemma help to further our soul along it’s spiritual path to learn and grow. Sometimes it doesn’t seem like enough though. Perhaps the answer is as simple as I fall in the catagory of being a victim of routine, it just seems like there are greater experiences out there. How did Gahndi maintain his resolution in the face of the scale of the change he wanted to create in the world? How did Jesus maintain his love for mankind as we nailed him to the cross? Thank you for the response.

1. J says:

Hi Vinn ,
      I am just happy to see you asking these questions which prove that you cared about the world and wants to find your path in this life . I think that with time , wisdom and maturity you will find your way . These messengers like Jesus and Ghandi knew that this were their purpose in life and when the challenging time came they were spiritualy strong to handle and surrender whatever was destined to them while accomplishing their life s purpose for us today , and I thank them form that . Author and spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle talks about what Jesus meant in his quote from the bible .If you have some time I suggest you read A New Earth and follow the 10 webcast from each chapter where Oprah and Eckhart help people with their question of finding their life’s purpose. I hope that you find your path and your lifes purpose beyond your daily routine.
      Namaste
      J

4. Vinn says:

How does a person find spiritual guidance or better yet how can one find their path in life? Books help but they allow for generalized concepts that speak to the masses. Truth can be felt within to the validity of writings but how can we know with certainty what path we as individuals are supposed to follow.

1. J says:

Hi Vinn !
      I understand what you mean , sometime it’s not easy to really find the path , but if I may say ,you are already on your spiritual path ,it’s right here right now , whatever decision and action you choose is a spiritual path . It depends what you are looking , what you are expecting from life to happen. Do you practice a religion and need more faith? Do need a purpose? However you define life is whatever you will see and experience . Spirituality for me is being a conscious person in the world listening to my ego mind and make better decision , being nice in the world . I think spiritual teachers and spiritual book helps clarify certain things and probably affirming something that we doubted , but we are all on our individual journey yet with all of us . So you may need to find out what it is that you are looking for and go for that “thing “. Walk your spiritual journey right now.
      Hope that this help
      Regards
      J

5. Santosh Paudel says:

Dear Paulo,

I am all the way from Nepal, The country of Mount Everest and Lord Budhha. Sir, I am your great fan. I read The Alchemist and Aleph and already bought The Eleven Minutes, Winner Stands Alone and Brinda. As being a good reader,before, I was unable to say the name of my best writter. Now, I can easily say your name.

Thank you for your great ideas.

NAMESTE

6. Meera Modak says:

I feel like i was born to read this book. I have never felt so connected to some writing… it’s taking me somewhere far into a world.. i always wanted to be.. world i desired.. i wish i could describe how amazed i am holding it in my hand..
    incredible gift to one and everyone.. thank you taking me and rest into an “ALEPH”

7. J says:

Dear Paulo ,
    Thank you very much for this book , I am on the beautiful land of Thailand and it so great to have a book that can make you dissapear in a different word. I understand th concept of power of now ,the universe by far intellectually but I know in myself that I understand and its areality but it hasn’t yet come a reality to me .if you have any other book that you suggest speaks of that truth I would be very grateful to know about it .
    May be kept inspiring you.
    Love from Thailand
    Kisses from Dubai
    Native place Mauritius

8. maria Cheaz says:

I had read most of your books. the Aleph for me is the most fascinating one.
    When I was 10 years old living in the Dominican Republic, i was traveling in my father’s car. suddenly, I had this feeling that life was a matter of opening and closing your eyes. One time you where living in one place and then you close your eyes and you where living in another life and place. At that age, I never hear about reincarnation or anything close to that. throughout my years as an adult I never forgot that feeling and because of it never fully understood or want to understand religion. I though that God and life were more than religious entities want to let people know. And that we were not here by chance but by choice. I will like to know if you are caming to any Banes & Nobles in New Jersey, USA. Please email me if you are caming.

9. Mehreen says:

Hi,

I’m currently reading this book. Reincarnation in Islam??? Are you joking? I had a hard time reading parts of this book because it sounded to fantastical to be real. It’s more like fiction to me. :/

1. Grace says:

I agree, I love Coelho and all of his books but this one was really hard to read because of all the different belief systems involved: reincarnation, islam, buddhism. Great story but way too superstitious and like you said…fantastical.

10. Eva from Slovenija says:

Dear Paulo,

I am just another person that will tell you your books are simply great. But even so great books can not be exchange for living comunication and that is why I would really love to talk in person with someone like you. Living in Slovenia (EU) makes it a little difficult to meet you in person, so can you recomand me someone living closer to me, somewhere in Europe?

Thank you so much for understanding my wish.

Kind regards from Slovenia,

Eva

1. Sandra from Croatia says:

I would say the same thing…I have just read Aleph. So, Eva if You will have some information please notice me. I am all the time in reading and I am trying to live by the Secret but it seems like I need someone to guide me…so I need some help.

I hope to hear You soon, Sandra