Character of the week: Chantal Prym

__________________________

PORTUGUES AQUI:> Personagem da semana: Chantal Prym
ESPANOL AQUI : > Personaje de la semana: Chantal Prym
FRANÇAIS > Chantal Prym

___________________________

A man, his horse and his dog were traveling down a road. When they were passing by a gigantic tree, a bolt of lightning struck and they all fell dead on the spot.
But the man did not realize that he had already left this world, so he went on walking with his two animals; sometimes the dead take time to understand their new condition…

The journey was very long, uphill, the sun was strong and they were covered in sweat and very thirsty. They were desperately in need of water. At a bend in the road they spotted a magnificent gateway, all in marble, which led to a square paved with blocks of gold and with a fountain in the center that spouted forth crystalline water.
The traveler went up to the man guarding the gate.
“Good morning. What is this beautiful place?”
“This is heaven.”
“How good to have reached heaven, we’re ever so thirsty.”
“You can come in and drink all you want.”
“My horse and my dog are thirsty too.”
“So sorry, but animals aren’t allowed in here.”
The man was very disappointed because his thirst was great, but he could not drink alone; he thanked the man and went on his way. After traveling a lot, they arrived exhausted at a farm whose entrance was marked with an old doorway that opened onto a tree-lined dirt road.

A man was lying down in the shadow of one of the trees, his head covered with a hat, perhaps asleep.
“Good morning,” said the traveler. “We are very thirsty – me, my horse and my dog.”
“There is a spring over in those stones,” said the man, pointing to the spot. “Drink as much as you like.”
The man, the horse and the dog went to the spring and quenched their thirst. Then the traveler went back to thank the man.

“By the way, what’s this place called?”
“Heaven.”
“Heaven? But the guard at the marble gate back there said that was heaven!”
“That’s not heaven, that’s hell.”
The traveler was puzzled.
“You’ve got to stop this! All this false information must cause enormous confusion!”

The man smiled:
“Not at all. As a matter of fact they do us a great favor. Because over there stay all those who are even capable of abandoning their best friends…”

From my book “The Devil and Miss Prym”

Comments

1. Hola, tu sitio está bien estructurado y el tema también es interesante. Aún así, ¿podrías publicar otros tópicos de interés común? Hay otros aspectos que discutir.

2. bast says:

well i really hope you are right and animals can come with us in heaven if we go there, or else i see my self and my animals outside of the gates ..

3. archie says:

i hope i had my real friends beside through odds and evens..

4. ada says:

great story, indeed some people do that.they leave their friends when those are in need.

5. marco says:

very beautifull.
    Lo adoro! :-)

thankyou.

6. ioana says:

omg, at first i was ok with the guy to go drink from the first gate, i’m such a sinner, i have to change:(

7. keyla says:

Es un cuento que puede interpretarse de tantas maneras, es muy paradojico y profundo.
    Primero se trata sobre la eleccion del camino correcto y las señalizaciones,donde la mejor decision es la que todos salen beneficiados. Segundo me hace reflexionar sobre el destino final del hombre y de los animales….
    Tercero la veracidad del letrero y el angel, porque al final pienso porque el hombre considera a sus dos mejores amugos el perro y el caballo??? A donde fue realmente???

8. jesus chuo says:

la lealtad ante todo debe ser uno de nuestros principios y es lo que nos recompensara en el futuro

9. Amy says:

Un grandioso libro donde nos recuerda que la lealta es una gran virtud del ser humano y que se ha perdido.

Los amigos reales estan, existe y siempre que los cuidemos como las flores, floreceran solo para nosotros cuando lo necesitemos.

A great book that reminds us that loyalty is a great virtue of man and that has been lost.

The real friends are, and always there that care like flowers bloom only for us when needed.

10. margherita says:

Il diavolo e la signorina Prym: bel libro che ho letto qualche anno fa.
    Gli amici: non si abbandona mai un amico, meglio morire di sete insieme a lui. Molto meglio che tradirlo o lasciarlo solo nelle difficoltà.
    Bella lezione che dovremmo ripassare ogni giorno.
    Grazie, Paulo, non diremo mai abbastanza queste verità.

11. JHemmestad says:

The traveler was puzzled.

The man smiled:

——-
    My favorite…read into it…

1. mariza lobo says:

uma concepção que vem de encontro a tudo o que a amizade significa para mim: lealdade, que define uma verdadeira amizade. Da lealdade se irradiam outros raios do mesmo sol, tais como comprometimento..

12. anita says:

Really very thoughtful story.You should be nice not only to humans, but also to your feathered and four legged companions.

13. C.A.R. says:

“So sorry, but animals aren’t allowed in here.”
    This is what most of the cults have been preaching to us for thousands of years and unfortunately we have been lessening, following and living in a confused, destroyed and false existence.

Thanks Mr. Coelho for remind me as sometimes I forget.

14. anna mareia says:

this story makes us conscious to the fact that the misuse of this gift …the gift of choosing (of freedom) what makes us evil…God gave us the freedom to choose between good and evil and consequently between heaven and hell as we see in this story but the question is why God gives us such freedom while he wants us to do only the good….the man was free to leave his friends or to stay wih them thereby choosing between the heaven and hell …..

15. Angela says:

The devil knows how to disguise himself as God. And that makes it easier to separate the withered from the fresh. But not in man’s point of view. That’s why we need Divine Guidance.

1. Lois says:

AMEN BROTHER! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I THINK!

16. Lee Moniz says:

I do wonder how many people miss the point of life….
    I believe that if your heart is true, your mind full of love and your intentions are full of kindness then any place is nice to be if you have good company. This is a place of peace, genuine laughter and unconditional love.

Who was the person who made up that heaven was made of gold and had pearly gates…I guess it was the one who had conditions to why they would accept you…a price to pay…the question is what is your soul worth?

17. Mary says:

Una gran ensenanza de amistad,de humanidad y de sobre todas las cosas una ultima prueba,para ver que camino tomanos ,ya sea si somos honestos,nobles de corazon y verdaderos amigo no elegimos la primer puerta,por eso seguio caminando,y hay estaba la recompensa de su bondad,de no haber sido egoista y dejado a sus animales,una ultima prueba y en la cual,solo el eligio cual era su destino.Hasta el ultimo minutos de nuestras vidas somos nosotros los que elegimos>Bendidiones y que dios te siga iluminando con tantos mensajes tan hermosos.

18. shine says:

Paulo this is the most beautiful story. I have narrated this to my many friends. This along with that new ritual Adab instituted. “GOD I FORGIVE YOU and YOU FORGIVE ME”. It always puts a smile on faces. :)

1. shine says:

yes. I forgot THANK YOU!! Love Avantika

19. Graciela says:

Quisiera saber sin en el video te referias a esta aplicacion, por las dudas vuelvo a repetir lo que escribi en el muro. El libro lo lei hace algunos años y no recuerdo la correlación con este relato. En cuanto al relato en sí mismo, es de una belleza profunda, como las grandes verdades, el que deja de lado a sus amigos vive en el infierno de la ignorancia emocional. Con respecto a estos amigos específicos del relato, hay personas que toman a sus amigos animales, a sus mascotas como objetos, sin valorar su amistad que en general es incondicional, y adoptan mascotas sin responsabilidad, y las abandona ante la primera dificultad, como en las vacaciones… eso pone de relieve el egoismo de algunos seres humanos.

20. silva moussalli says:

Thank you Mr.Coelho.your simple,wise and meaningful stories inlightned my life.loving others is the the key of Heaven`s gateway.

I love that story. I love animals so much

22. Ashlesha says:

thanks Coelho for the story !

23. KUNZ says:

really kool n lovely story which today’s world neeed

24. dori best says:

Es una hermosa moraleja, el libro es grandioso,refleja la constante batalla entre la luz y la sombra que habita en cada uno de nosotros; no tiene desperdico, como absolutamente todos sus libros. Cada dia le agradezco a Dios por habernos mandado un maestro tan maravilloso como Usted, que a travez de sus palabras e historias nos ayuda a comprender y a despertar. Y le agradezco a Usted, por haber estado en cada momento de mi vida en que necesite la palabra justa, para continuar, para aceptar,para entender, y maravillosamanete la encontre en alguno de sus libros.

25. Claudia says:

Paulo,eres lo mejor que me ha pasado en la vida…adoro tus libros ellos me han ayudado a comprender mas la naturaleza humana. All your books are an inspiration to live life to the fullest….you are an inspiration, I love you..Blessing!

26. ishita says:

hi…
    i agree true tests can be seen and results be arrived only in such situations . where in you bad times or hardships you do not leave the people who were with you all throughout.
    simply amazing.

27. Ivy Josephine Gomez Hoh says:

How often we mistake hell disguised as Heaven for Heaven. Teaches us to get real and buckle down for the real things. Thank you Mr Paulo!

28. Xiomara says:

Como siempre, nos da su mensaje de la forma más hermosa y aleccionadora. La lealtad es una de las cualidades más valiosas del ser humano. La persona leal tendrá siempre amigos que los quieran y los acompañen por el camino de la vida.

29. jenny morales says:

Gracias,que placer verle y escucharle………………

30. Ana says:

For sure you are a man touched by an angel. Great story!

31. beatriz says:

q maravilloso encontrar estas historias en la web,gracias miles ! me encanto escucharlo en español,nuevamente MUCHAS GRACIAS !

32. val says:

I really enjoy ur blog. Very insightful.. Thank you very much Sir.

33. Stephanie says:

Well i really like this message but i think is i little bit away from reallity i guess i just like the history that u can tell to you childs… So the real is more hard than be nice whit your best friends… no one goes to the heaven for be nice.. go to the heaven only for the relationship with God… But exelent message.!

34. ashwani lamba says:

i wonder how many of us have missed bed time stories!
    my childhood was great with so many people to teach me and read me these stories. i will always owe them what i make of myself in this life coz it came of those brilliant stories.

now i’m grown up and Mr.Paulo is playing the role dearly. so thank you so much sir.

35. Carmen says:

Como siempre me encanto ver el video y escucharlo hablar el español!!!!!:) Mi comentario sobre el personaje, leí el libro y me en canto, pero es muy cierto muchas veces hay personas que se olvidan no solo de sus amigos sino de todos….. Como siempre un placer verlo y escucharlo, me encantaria que me dejara un mensaje en mi muro!!!!:)

36. Stephanie says:

Sr. Coelho
    Todos los libros que he leido de usted me han encantado sobre todo Brida con ese quede fasinada soñe demasiado y aprendi mucho, muchas gracias por tan maravillosos libros que nosda.

37. Veronike says:

Nunca me cansare de decir lo mismo, grandioso!!
    Y cada Dia lo admiro mas!!

38. Aileen says:

Aveces me siento perdida pero cuando veo tu pajna me encuentro otraves un monton de gracias.

At times I feel lost, more the often actaully. When I come to your page which is everyday, I find myself again. Thank you very much.

1. Ana Maria says:

Gracias Sr. Coelho. Es una bendicion y un honor tener acceso a su página. Gracias por brindar LUZ.

39. vibromasseur says: