20 SEC READING: asking questions

Warriors of light always keep a certain gleam in their eyes.

They are of this world, they are part of the lives of other people and they set out on their journey with no saddlebags and no sandals.

They are often cowardly.
They do not always make the right decisions.

They suffer over the most trivial things, they have mean thoughts and sometimes believe they are incapable of growing.

They frequently deem themselves unworthy of any blessing or miracle.

They are not always quite sure what they are doing here.

They spend many sleepless nights, believing that their lives have no meaning.

That is why they are warriors of light.
Because they make mistakes.
Because they ask themselves questions.

Because they are looking for a reason – and are sure to find it.

________________
in in WARRIOR OF THE LIGHT: A MANUAL

Comments

1. Mohammad Ali Gaad says:

Yeah! They enjoy their lives in their own way,do whatever they love and didn’t care anything but on other hand they are not capable of talking decisions from their mind especially where their need to use their wisdom, they use their ego that is only the defect.

2. GISELA RIOS says:

Me agrada que una lectura de 10 seg le de tanto sentido a mi vida :) … En palabras de usted he llegado a identificar cosas en mi que no sabia yo como definirlas
    GRACIAS

3. Jackie noriega says:

k an no digas eso solo son etapas de nuestras vida que pasan y pasan tarde otemprno sin embargo siempre hay una luz esperando en el amanecer como decimos despues de una tormenta siempre sale el sol es necesario tener paciencia porque solo asi llegaràs al cielo mientras tanto lee, mantente con los ojos bien abiertos y veras las bendiciones llegar no te aflijas que la lucha es dia a dìa

4. HANEUL says:

i am now only 12 years old. the first book i had read of paulo’s was ‘The Alchemist’, which inspired me to read further. i then read ‘Veronika Decides to Die’, which surprised me with the text, but i still loved the book. i now just finished reading ‘Brida’ and soon want to go to reading the manual of the warrior of light. i cant wait until i find the book. im really looking forward to it.

5. khan says:

If whatever Coelho said above is correct then I was once a warrior of light.

I am cowardly, have always made wrong decisions, have no hope of miracle, and am not worthy of any blessings. I don’t remember when was the last time I had a full night sleep.
    I had a gleam of light in my eyes which is no more. I had many dreams, all are dead now.

I have set out on a long journey not knowing what is my destination and I am far very far and alone. I am not prepared and I have no saddlebag and no sandals.

I had many questions, unanswered as always. Now I have stopped asking myself questions and I don’t look for reasons because I have found out that there is never a valid reason.

Yes, I was a warrior of light once, but what am I now?
    Paulo Coelho, anybody?

1. Neny fernandez says:

I think you are a broken spirit that needs to go to the divine hospital immediately. Ask to see the specialist in matters of the heart, Dr. Jesus!

2. Kui says:

I think you are still a warrior of light, just that the light has dimmed a bit. I take this opportunity to share my thoughts on your comments -
      If you kept making incorrect decisions, it may be that you have not given enough time to review what went wrong when it did.
      All are worthy of a blessing. The fact that you read the post by Paulo is in itself a divine blessing.
      Dreams don’t die, if they were your true dreams you’d go for it and not give-up.
      If you did not get the answers, that could be because you have not asked the right questions.

Now to elaborate a little on what Paulo has written there and hope this helps
      There is coward in all of us, we all make mistakes, we have all at some stage or another in our lives passed a phase where we wonder if we’d make through in what we plan to do and some times we have even wished otherwise for our competitors. To put it briefly, we all have our ups and downs – what matters is what we do during our “lows” so that when we start hitting the “highs” we are ready to experience and enjoy that what we want in life.

Paulo, please correct me if you think otherwise

cheers dude! have a great day

3. karen says:

beautifully said…

4. Dave C says:

Have you read the poem Footprints? It is seriously doubtful that any of us are truly alone, although we are experiencing our own specific realities. Perhaps the question may be what is the opportunity for growth here? Eckart Tolle asked himself that very question at the lowest point of his life, and the answer is in his book ‘The Power of Now’. Summarised, the book may be stated that sometimes there is significant distance to the right in order to realise destiny on the left.

5. riyaz somani says:

Mr Khan,

You said “Yes, I was a warrior of light once, but what am I now?
      Paulo Coelho, anybody?” You are still asking questions, your spirit is not dead, your dreams are still alive and the light is still there. If that wasn’t the case then you would not have asked this question. Questions are more important than answers because they push you forward, they inspire you to explore, they guide you, they help you see this world as it is and has been.
      I pray to the universe that you get the strength to ask more questions and the fire within you keeps burning, spreading light to others.. Ameen.

Regards,

Riz

6. Anne says:

Un libro màs para leer! Muy bien, me gustaría leerlo!

7. Simona says:

hoy la vida da muchas vueltas y avanza de manera vertiginosa, me da temor lo que vendrá!, porque no se que me depara el destino.
    tengo dudas, preguntas sin respuestas, temores y dolores que no deberían existir en mi.
    los pensamientos indeseables me acosan incesantemente!, cometo errores que me hacen alejarme de mis deseos.
    Lastimo a quienes amo y están cerca de mi vida, por estar cerca de ellos , o por tenerlos lejos.
    pero aun así, busco el camino correcto, busco enmendar mis errores, trato con todas mis fuerzas estar fiel a mi misma y avanzar en le camino correcto.
    intento día a día ser un guerrero de luz.

8. Nabil says:

Hey, am a new fan of paulo coelho and soon am going to get at least 2 of his books to read. but i want to ask whom does he mean as warriors of light? if he means those who fight for good why would they think of themeselves in such bad way? does he mean pessimitic people? if so what gleam of light they have? what kind of lights they fight for? well i havent read the book yet but didnt fully het what does he mean with warriors of light?

1. Anne says:

Gotta collect ‘em all Nabil! (and read them too!)

2. Joe says:

Read the Alchemist. Everyone can be a warrior of light. They just have to listen to God/ Universe, find their personal destiny and start the path to fulfillment.

9. hala emran says:

hi this book is amazing ,im reading it almost fenish,,i love it becouse its about being a hummen,,not a herro,,or super someone ,,,

10. Shreya Damani says:

I can very well relate to it.. I am waiting for answers to many of my questions from life.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

11. ligia says:

No puedo opinar a cerca del libro Guerreros de la Luz por que todabia no lo he leido…. alejandome del contenido del libro entiendo que un “Guerrero de Luz” realmente es aquella persona que lleva una vestidura o un rayo de Luz de Dios en el alma….todos lo seriamos si lo dejaramos entrar……