Twitcam en Français

Comments

1. MANOJ JUNEJA says:

ONE DAY WE WILL DIE.

HOW OFTEN DO WE THINK ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE WILL DIE ONE DAY- VANISH FROM THE EARTH? THE DAILY MEDIA CONSTANTLY REMIND US HOW TEMPORARY AND FRAGILE LIFE IS.
    YET , MANY OF US SEEM OBLIVIOUS TO THE FACT THAT ONE DAY WE WILL BE THE ONE WHOM OUR FRIENDS WILL TAKE TO THE GRAVEYARD OR CREMATORIUM .
    WE PERHAPS ONLY THINK OF DEATH WHEN A LOVED ONE OR SOMEONE OUR AGE UNEXPECTEDLY DIES.
    OTHERWISE , WE AVOID TO THOUGHT.
    WE INSTEAD OCCUPY OUR MINDS WITH THE PURSUIT OF ENJOYMENT, MONEY, STATUS AND FAMILY. MAHARAJ SAWAN SINGH REMINDS US OF THIS WHEN HE SAYS;
    WE ARE CLEVER ABOUT OUR WORLDLY AFFAIRS AND ALWAYS MAKE
    APPROPRIATE ARRANGEMENTS FOR THEIR SUCCESSFUL EXECUTION. BUT WITH REGARD TO DEATH, WHICH HAS NO TIME FIXED FOR IT AND MAY CAME AT ANY TIME- IN CHILDHOOD, IN YOUTH, OR IN OLD AGE-WE HAVE NAVER GIVEN A MOMENTS THOUGHT.

MYSTICS ADVISE US TO REFLECT ON THE TEMPORARINESS OF OUR LIFE AND TO
    CONSIDER ITS END, SO WE CAN LEAVE THIS WORLD WITH A PEACEFUL MIND AND WITHOUT REGRETS. SARMAD, A PERSIAN MYSTIC, PUT THIS QUESTION TO US;

MY FRIEND, YOU HAVE WANDERED
    THROUGH CITIES , TOWNS AND DESERTS.
    YOU HAVE FOLLOWED THE PATH OF DESIRES,
    PURSUING A HUNDRED PASSIONS.
    THIS CARAVAN IS REACHING THE DESTINATION
    AND THE JOURNEY IS ENDING—
    WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?
    WHERE HAVE WE BEEN? WHAT HAVE ALL OUR PASSIONS AND DESIRES BROUGHT US? ARE WE EVER SATISFIED? OUT OF FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN, WE KEEP OURSELVES AND OUR MINDS BUSY, AND TRY TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT WE WILL DIE ONE DAY. WHEN WE DO THINK OF DEATH, WE CONSIDER A PAINFUL EVENT, FULL OF SUFFERING, FEAR AND GRIEF. ASSOCIATING IT ONLY WITH THE SUDDEN END OF LOVING RELATIONSHIPS AND THE IRREVERSIBLE LOSS OF POSSESSIONS IS PART OF OUR IGNORANCE.
    MYSTICS EXPERIENCE DEATH IN TOTALLY DIFFERENT WAY. THEY DESCRIBE DYING AS THE END OF SUFFERING, AS MERGING INTO THE LIGHT AND LOVE, AS GOING BACK TO THE BELOVED, THE LORD AND BECOMING ONE WITH HIM. FOR THEM DEATH IS NOT A PAINFUL END OF A WORLDLY LIFE, BUT JUST A CHANGE FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT.
    MAULANA RUM SAYS;
    IT IS NOT THE KIND OF DEATH THAT WILL CONSIGN YOU TO THE GRAVE.
    IT IS, INSTEAD A CHANGE THAT WILL USHER YOU INTO THE LIGHT,
    YOU NEED HAVE NO FEAR OF DEATH,
    FOR APART FROM YOUR PHYSICAL BODY
    YOU HAVE OTHER BODIES.
    THEREFORE. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO COME OUT OF THIS BODY.
    THE MYSTICS OUTLOOK ON DEATH IS DIFFERENT FROM OURS. THEY ARE CONSCIOUS OF THE FACT THAT HUMAN LIFE IS TEMPORARY ,
    AND THEY PREPARE THEMSELVES FOR THE END OF IT, LIKE UWAIS, IN THE SHORT STORY BY ANTHONY DE MELLO.
    UWAIS THE SUFI WAS ONCE ASKED,
    “WHAT HAS GRACE BROUGHT YOU?”
    HE REPLIED,
    “WHEN I WAKE IN THE MORNING I FEEL LIKE A MAN WHO IS NOT SURE HE WILL LIVE TILL EVENING.”
    SAID THE QUESTIONER,
    “BUT DOESN,T EVERYONE KNOW THIS?’
    SAID UWAIS,
    “THEY CERTAINLY DO. BUT NOT ALL OF THEM FEEL IT.
    NO ONE EVER BECAME DRUNK ON THE WORLD WINE”
    THE FACT THAT MYSTICS REALIZE THAT DEATH MAY STRIKE AT ANY MOMENT MAKE THEM LIVE IN A CONSCIOUS WAY.DURING THIS PRECIOUS HUMAN LIFE, NOT ONLY DO THEY FULFIL THEIR WORLDLY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS, BUT THEY ALSO PAY ATTENTION TO THE PURPOSE TO THIS HUMAN BIRTH; TO BECOME CONSCIOUS OF THE PRESENCE OF THE DIVINE: TO REALIZE THAT WE ARE NOT THIS HUMAN BODY BUT A SPIRITUAL BEING – A SOUL, A DROP OF THE DIVINE. ACCORDING TO THEM THIS HUMAN BIRTH GIVES US THE OPPORTUNITY TO MERGE INTO THE DIVINE OCEAN AND BECOME AND WITH IT.
    AS MEISTER ECKHART SAYS;
    IT IS YOUR DESTINY TO SEE A GOD SEES,
    TO KNOW AS GOD KNOWS,
    TO FEEL AS A GOD
    FEELS.
    HOW IS THE POSSIBLE? HOW?
    BECAUSE DIVINE LOVE CANNOT DEFY ITS VERY SELF….
    IN THIS BEAUTIFUL WAY, MEISTER ECKHART EXPLAINS THAT THE DESTINY OF ALL IS TO BECOME GOD. SANT MAT TEACHES US THAT OUR PURPOSE ON THIS PLANET, IN THIS PHYSICAL UNIVERSE, IS TO RETURN HOME, TO BECOME ONE WITH GOD. OR MORE TO THE POINT, OUR PURPOSE IS TO REDISCOVER THE GOD THAT WE ARE – THAT WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN – AND THAT OUR SOULS, HEARING THE LORDS CALL, ARE SPIRALING UPWARD ON AN INEVITABLE INNER JOURNEY HOMEWARD.
    THE MASTER REPEATEDLY TELLS US THAT WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE TIME OF OUR DEATH WILL BE THE LOGICAL CONCLUSION OF WHAT WE HAVE DONE DURING OUR LIFE. SO IF WE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF THE MASTER AND CULTIVATE LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR GOD IN OUR HEARTS, THE LOGICAL CONSEQUENCES WILL BE THAT ATTENTION WILL BE FOCUSED ON HIM AT THE MOMENT WE DIE. IF WE ARE SINCERE IN OUR MEDITATION PRACTICE, DESIRE FOR WORLDLY THINGS WILL DISAPPEAR , AND ONLY THE YEARNING TO MEET HIM WILL FILL OUR HEARTS. HOW COULD DIVINE LOVE RESIST SUCH AN HONEST AND LOVING YEARNING ?
    IT CANNOT SAYS MEISTER ECKHART , “BECAUSE DIVINE LOVE CANNOT DEFY ITS VERY SELF” DIVINE LOVE WILL BE ETERNALLY TRUE TO ITS OWN BEING,

MAHARAJ SAWAN SINGH CONFIRMS IN ONE OF HIS LETTERS THAT DIVINE LOVE WILL RESPOND TO OUR YEARING:
    WE ARE TO THIS WORLD ONE DAY, AND IF WE ARE LOVING,
    OBEDIENT DISCIPLES , AND HAVE MADE PROPER PREPARATIONS
    IN THIS LIFETIME , WE DO NOT HAVE THE TRANSITION WHICH WE CALL DEATH.
    WHILE OTHER WEEP, THE SPIRITUALLY DEVELOPED SOUL DEPARTS HAPPY -HAPPIER THAN A BRIDEGROOM ON HIS WEDDING DAY.
    THE TIME OF DEATH IS A CRITICAL ONE IN OUR EXPERIENCE , WHEN OUR FRIENDS AND RELATIVE ARE HELPLESS TO RENDER ANY ASSISTANCE:
    BUT FOR THE FOLLOWERS OF SANT MAT, IT IS THE HAPPIEST TIME OF ALL.
    THE MASTER APPEARS AND TAKES THE DEPARTING SOUL WITH HIM, AND PUTS IT IN ITS UPWARD JOURNEY AT THE PLACE FOR WHICH IT IS FIT.
    THERE IS NO RENDERING OF ACCOUNTS WITH KAL, PROVIDED THERE HAVE BEEN LOVE FOR AND OBEDIENCE TO THE MASTER, THE DEPARTING SOUL IS HAPPIER THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN BEFORE. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR OF DEATH. THE MASTER’S PRESENCE WITHIN BREAKS ALL WORLDLY CONNECTIONS, AND THE MIND IS FREE TO CONTINUE THE UPWARD JOURNEY.

THE MESSAGE OF THE MYSTICS IS CLEAR;
    RECOGNIZE THE TRANSITORY NATURE OF THIS HUMAN LIFE AND PREPARE OURSELVES FOR OUR DEATH. WHEN WE PRACTICE MEDITATION REGULARLY WITH LOVE AND DEVOTION, WE WILL NOT EXPERIENCE DYING AS FRIGHTENING, MYSTERIOUS OR PAINFUL. WE WILL EXPERIENCE IT IN THE WAY THE MYSTICS DO , AS A CHANGE FROM DARKNESS INTO LIGHT. THIS CHANGE HERALDS THE END OF OUR SUFFERING:
    IT HERALDS OUR MERGING INTO LOVE, GOING BACK TO OUR BELOVED, THE LORD, AND BECOMING ONE WITH HIM.

PLEASE DO NOT WORRY IN THE LEAST. AN INITIATE CAN NEVER GO OUT OF THE HANDS OF HIS MASTER. HIS MASTER IS ALWAYS WITH HIM
    AND IS LOOKING AFTER HIS WELFARE.

RADHA SWAMI G

Dear Paulo,

I liked your comment on the Twitcam about how France helped to get ‘The Alchemist’ onto the market and how the U.S.A. is the exception in embracing success.
    With regard to success,I believe it is what makes the difference between old and new country. It was something I had difficulty understanding when I lived abroad and now it makes so much more sense.
    My opinion of course.:)

That’s what I call a true Master- giving each country its due – always concentrating onto the positive.

Thank you for being.
    With love
    Marie-Christine

3. Josephine in Brussels says:

Merci Beaucoup Marie-Christine!
    c’est presque comme si j’étais là quand même! :-)

4. Jean says:

Oh non j’ai raté ça !

5. Un grand Merci pour ce moment accordé à vos Fans.
    Je n’ai pas twitter et je ne sais pas faire pour la Twitcam.
    Je n’ai pas de question, juste un Grand Merci pour vos livres qui m’ont, tout simplement, réconciliée avec la lecture et apporté aussi certaines réponses à plusieurs de mes questionnements.
    Actuellement je lis “Le pélerin de Compostelle”, j’ai été chercher ALEPH, mais la librairie ne l’avait pas encore, arrive la Semaine prochaine par chez moi.
    mais peut être , est-ce ici qu’il faut poser les questions ?
    si ça se trouve j’ai compris comment ça fonctionne sans le savoir ?!

6. Bhaskar Roy says:

France seem to have a big market for your books. Do tell me, in case you answer forum questions , as to what kind of readership response do you receive from India?

Thanks n cheers

B

7. Barbara says:

Wow, thank you Marie-Christine for the translation!!!

I enjoyed watching it although I only understand a few words of French, sometimes I could understand the topic of what Paulo was telling, so it was still interesting in a way. And what a nice surprise to see the translation now :) Thanx again.

8. Maria do Carmo Lapa Monteiro says:

Sr. Paulo Coelho, tenho uma historia de fe muito interessante que aconteceu comigo atraves do seu livro: Sentada na margem do rio Pietra…e claro com a compaixao de N.Sa. Tenho muita vontade de te contar. Tenho certeza que o Sr vai gostar muito! Como posso te escrever?

EN anglais

You never know if things are working but you can ask questions. Right now, only two people, no, we are starting with two,no, 13 people . It is true there are not too many Tweeters , well that speak French, I do not know why , but here when I look at it, that’s mainly English, of course Portuguese and Spanish.

Well, apparently people are already doing a re-tweet I am asking you to please ask your questions now because we are going to spend 15 mns together and we have already spend one minute with our conversation.

First I must thank France, the French language for that change in my life, with regard to “The Alchemist” when it was published in 94 in France. At the beginning it was not easy, but later on it shined and spread all over the world. From France, it started to spread all around the world. And I would like to thank you for your support.
    At last, the first question is here. Don’t forget to ask questions. I am here to answer them.

Wait, I cannot understand your questions.

Where do I live?
    Now I am in Geneva, they speak French in Geneva however my time is spent everywhere in Rio, I have a little house in the Pyrenees, If you have already read ‘Aleph” you would have noticed that it all started in the Pyrenees, it’s a magic place for me and I was listening to the radio to day and they said it was going to snow to-morrow in the Pyrenees.

Where am I?
    I am in Geneva.

What are your thoughts about signing books?
    I cannot sign books. I was considering to do a book signing at Payot in Geneva. It is complicated, It is starting to be very complicated for the Bookstores to organise a good book signing.
    Thanks God because it also means that things are working very well.
    It leaves me a bit frustrated when I see some readers I cannot sign all the books and that is one of the reason why I don’t do book signing.

Ah! Asking a question about Steve Jobs.
    That’s interesting because I was strolling around in Geneva to-day here in Geneva and in front of Apple, I had never seen that before in my life. There were some flowers, candles, it was very moving.
    Unfortunately , I had my I-phone but I don’t take pictures with it, it’s great for everything except that, but i thought of taking pictures in front of Apple for the candles.

When am I coming to Columbia?
    Thank you for the invitation.
    Right now, I don’t have many projects except as I have tweeted this morning, I feel like going to Asia the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia,etc Vietnam also. It is a country I am very interested in.
    You have to get the new i-phone, Yes but this i phone, I don’t know the G3 works very well.

Poland – I have here, I cannot show it because the camera will go out, I have some copies of the book for signing.

Venezuela – the book has arrived.

Wait, wait . ..How does it feel to have changed?
    I have also changed my life, my dream was to become a writer, it was almost an impossible dream and well, I started, I got beaten up, I went three times in a psychiatric hospital.
    I had a hard time but I am here, I have survived , well, one has to fight for their dreams.

There are some questions in Spanish. (explaining that the podcast is done in French)

What is the trigger for writing for me?
    It is difficult to say, normally they are experiences I have lived, but the trigger is always a mystery.
    I have a lot of ideas to write a book, like all writers, of course, but there is a given time like ‘Aleph” for example I went through the experience in 2006.
    They asked me :
    - ‘ Are you going to write about that experience?’.
    - I said :’no’. It is impossible. It is truly impossible’
    there is ..well, I wrote Aleph in 2010.
    The trigger, since you are asking the question was the time I really understood that what I lived in that journey which went everywhere . It started in Bulgaria if I am not mistaken, I went to Tunisia, a bit everywhere, in lots of countries to meet that young woman, Hilal, ..well, she was insisting a lot. It is true that it was the connection with Hilal that provoked or justified the journey. And there I was able to understand my own experience about a previous life.
    This being said I do not encourage to try and go into the past because this does not help at all, it is mainly the present time that counts, in the present time we can change the future, we can change the past.

Fari- I adore the book. I hope ‘Aleph’ is going to be released in Tunisia.
    It is funny,for me also, in Geneva, Aleph who was released yesterday, just arrived to-day, that is to say , we are next to France maybe it will…
    but there is a time where.. very magic, It happens in Tunisia, a very magical country.
    There is….wait…

When will “The Alchemist” be released in France as a study book in the schools?
    There are school editions of ‘The Alchemist’ in France, by the way in most countries even in Brazil, if you make some enquiries, you will find that there are academic editions.

It is starting to go very fast…

How do we know whether we are not forcing the hand of the destiny and we are trying one’s luck?
    Ah! well… you know what is your Personal Legend, It is there. You really know what you are going to do. It is then a question of courage, to make the decision and start walking towards your dreams. You are going to lose, be disappointed, that’s part of life, you will suffer, I have suffered, I have lost several times and I am still there and pleased to have survived the challenge.

Greetings to Venezuela

Wait,.. it’s starting to go fast..

I did not understand that question, okay I go onto the next one.

Thank you I adore you in all the languages.
    That’s very kind.(laugh)

Ah! yes.,
    I will have a Live Stream Conference to morrow that starts at 12 o’clock in New York and 6.30 pm in Europe.

But you were never in Russia?
    Of course, I was in Russia, the book happened in Russia The ‘Aleph’ I have already been there several times and ‘Aleph’ is my story on the Trans Siberian. and there you are. I loved Russia. I went there several times.

Another greetings to Venezuela.

We still have one minute left

Where does all that poesy comes from?
    First of all, thank you, I believe that poetry comes from our heart. Each time I have written a book, it is with all my love and all my enthusiasm. It is for that reason we are talking about the French language, My first book was released in 1994 or like we say in Switzerland 90 +4. and all my books,and thanks to God have been in the best sellers List.

What’s happening with Amazon.fr?

I don’ know but I have noticed that they are out of stock. However, you can buy the book on line through the FNAC.

What inspires you to day?

I don’t know if you ask me the question. Everything inspires me. Being with you. It’s something amazing even though there are not that many people that speak the French language. I am happy.
    Well, I am going to finish our 15 mns podcast.
    Thanks a lot to all my friends in the French language.

I don’t know how many times,. Yes, I went to Montreal twice and it was fabulous, as you can imagine.
    Thank you for your support.

What are my thoughts on the numeric book?
    That is very important.
    I believe it is the future, I do not have the – pod I have Kindle, For me, Kindle is much better.
    I do not believe it is going to kill the libraries, It is going to be something really super.

Thanks a lot everybody. I am pleased that Aleph’ has been released yesterday into the French language, I hope that it will be released in all the French speaking countries before the end of the month.
    Let me know if it is or if you are having problems getting the book.
    I wish you a good night, Thanks a lot for your support , for your welcome and I repeat I am very very happy to be with you.
    Good bye and see you soon I hope
    Now I have to log out.

Coucou,
    J’ai trouve l”Aleph’ hier chez Sauramps a Montpellier, il etait pas signe je savais pas qu’il y en avait qui etait signe pour les librairies francaises.
    Les livres etaient bien en vue.Un panneau d’affichage, Nord Sud Est Ouest. Je l’ai contourne :)
    J’ai pris une photo, et la jeune fille m’a dit vous prenez une photo? .J’ai repondu “Paulo sera content’, alors voila je voulais le dire.
    Ensuite, je suis allee chez ma voisine pour quelle me prenne une photo avec les deux – la version anglaise et francaise -
    Voila . Je l’ai mis sur Facebook parce que j’ai essaye de l’envoyer ici, ca a pas marche :).. Mes doigts de fee.
    A bientot
    Beijos

Merci Marie-Christine!

11. Laura C says:

Querido Paulo, soy la chica que le preguntó Qué lo había inspirado en el día de hoy y también si alguna vez había visitado Montreal. Muchas gracias por haberme respondido, para mi significa mucho!
    Lo veo a usted como un tipo de guía en mi vida, gracias a sus libros y su filosofía aprendí a ver las cosas de manera diferente.
    GRACIAS, MERCI, la lengua importa poco, lo que importa es el mensaje.

12. Maria says:

Tres jolie,pour pouver parler un peu avec toi,je suis admirateur ,j te adore a toi e tes livres,je suis de Argentine, tu vas venir ? .