40 SEC READING: the magic moment

“You have to take risks”- he said.

“We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.

“Every day, God gives us the sun–and also one moment in which we have the ability to change everything that makes us unhappy.
“Every day, we try to pretend that we haven’t perceived that moment, that it doesn’t exist–that today is the same as yesterday and will be the same as tomorrow.

But if people really pay attention to their everyday lives, they will discover that magic moment.

It may arrive in the instant when we are doing something mundane, like putting our front-door key in the lock.
It may lie hidden in the quiet that follows the lunch hour or in the thousand and one things that all seem the same to us.

In “By the river Piedra I sat down and wept”

Comments

1. [...] excerpt from Paulo Coehlo’s book and blog, “By the river Pieda, I sat down and wept,” says it [...]

2. Maria says:

Everything you write makes me dream ! Your books can change lives !
    You’re my hero MR. Coelho , and your books will always remind me that life is the most wonderful gift !
    Thank you !

3. JAHAIRA says:

PAULO GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR CON EL MNUNDO TU ESPIRITU TAN LIBRE Y BELLO Y POR TRAER A NUESTRAS VIDAS LA MAGIA DE TUS LIBROS NO PUEDO LEER UNO SIN TENER QUE TERMINARLO RAPIDO PORQ CADA UNO ES TAN HERMOSO COMO LOS ANTERIORES

4. Jeroen says:

Thanks for your inspiration Paulo!

Everytime I read one of your books, it seems that it all recently happened to me as well…incredible how your writing connects with the visions I discovered in life.

Magic!

Yours truly,

Jeroen

5. Syeda says:

THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL! Paulo always helps me :’)

6. SHALOM says:

Estimado Paulo
    Hoy es uno de esos dias de mucha luz, en medio de lo complicado que es la cotidianidad, un dia magico donde me reenceuntro con uno de mis libros favoritos, cuando lo lei por primera vez los disfrute mucho, toco mi esencia, mi vulnerabilidad, mi fuerza interior para estar en armonia mi corazon y mi mente. Que bello es comparir y decir mi vida es magica por que he vivido ese mi milagro de amar lo que me rodea fisicamente y espitualmente. Es cierto, no importa cuanto dure o lo que nos cueste, lo importante es que llego y no se fue de paso se quedo en mi.

Eternamente agradecida.

7. kania says:

thank you Paulo thank you so much. all of you books are …. thank you
    you saved me.

kania

When you let the S out of the steam you get the right team and you are left with te am -, love with your soul -.
    It is magic!
    with love
    Marie-Christine

9. Elianne Bravo says:

I love this book :) … A special person talk to me about it and give me his book to read it.
    I FALL IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK. Thanks for writting such an awesome literature.l!!

10. Eugênio Eudes says:

Desde o dia em que nascemos, não importa onde, já trazemos conosco um título válido de vencedor universal, por sobre milhões que não foram concebidos. Dai por diante, começamos a nos preparar para a incrível maratona da vida, enfrentando todos os perigos e riscos. A vida porém, na forma a qual conhecemos, vai se desenrolar numa faixa estreita e muito breve considerando a imensidão do universo. Para alguns,ela se mostrará como que cheia de possibilidades e alegrias, já para muitos outros, ela vai ser inóspita e triste, mas isso será um tanto pior para aqueles que acreditam nisso como herança. De qualquer sorte, descobrir um pouquinho do potencial interior faz muita diferença, para o resto da vida, tendo mesmo quem acredite que essa diferença vá além da própria existência, porque o nosso fator existencial não se esgota simplesmente nessa percepção atual.

1. Eugênio Eudes says:

From the day we were born, no matter where, as we bring with us a valid title winning universal million over that were not designed. Thereafter, we began our preparation for the incredible marathon of life, taking risks and facing countless dangers. Life however, in order to know what will unfold in a narrow range and very short considering the immensity of the universe. For some, it will show you how full of possibilities and joys, as for many others, she will be bleak and sad, but will be somewhat worse for those who believe it as an inheritance or destination. Anyhow, a little out of the inner potential makes little difference to the rest of life, and even those who believe that such a difference beyond their own existence, because the existential factor is not limited to just this current perception of life.

11. Mari says:

I like this Paul Coelho guy. I had heard about him and his famous book before but I never looked into it. I discovered his wisdom only yesterday after I asked God why he wasn’t granting me the miracle I am yearning for. Everybody says my wish is crazy and I should “go get a nine to five job” like everybody else. But I don’t want to be a slave, and now thanks to Paul Coelho, I definitely know I don’t have to be.

1. Hey Mari, I’m happy to say I don’t have a 9 to 5, and that there is a better way.

12. corinne hitelet says:

merci

13. a-square says:

truly inspiring…….just loved reading it

14. Angeles says:

Si en la vida no existiera ese momento mágico que todos buscamos para poder enfrentar los tropiesos de la vida, todo se pierde porque aunque sea muy dificil de ver ese momento mágico corto de tiempo que en realidad es lo suficiente para darnos cuenta de lo mucho que valoramos y difrutamos lo que la vida dos brinda, y a todas las personas que piensan que no existe están equivocados solo porque no lo ven están tan cegados por la vida pesada que llevan y que no se detienen un momento a disfrutarlas la otra cara de la vida, pues disfruten ahora

15. vishal says:

Give life a Life !!!

we can say ::
    Give ______ a Life !!!!
    ______ can be anything u do, feel , like, whatever u can think or do not think ….

16. SYLE BAR says:

HOLA: ESTOY TOTALMENTE DE ACUERDO CONTIGO, EL MOMENTO MÁGICO SOLO SE DESCUBRE EN EL INTERIOR NUESTRO, EN NUESTRO SILENCIO

17. eimrel says:

one of my fave lines in this novel ……

18. Pallavi Bhatt says:

inspiring and encouraging…

19. Life is all about living its magical moments
    as life is for once
    great lines from a great novel
    love
    Pooja

20. bbjing says:

mr coelho,,,,thanks for your inspiring words,,,, i have to let you know,,your books are contagious even in alleys and tiangges its available,,,i was able to see….a lot of it,,,,in hese times i need emotional strength….has been a dream to write a book when i was young,,,,:)

21. Shreya says:

Its so very true.. Life does give us oppurtunities to change the things that we dont like…. We should have enough faith in ourselves to persue all that we love.. And life becomes a Blessing…………

22. DESDE Que somos concebidos en vientre materno El comenzamos un Correr Riesgos Nuestra Madre decidir si nacemos o no. La vida es Un Camino Lleno de Riesgos algunos Nos llenan de Felicidad Otros nn Llena de tristeza, Todo ESTO Lo heredamos Con tan solo Haber nacido. Ese es El Momento mágico Donde debemos Luchas Por Nuestra Felicidad Siempre y CUANDO no le da ~ os Hagamos un Terceras Personas. Sean Felices Disfruten la Vida un pecado olvidarse plenitud de Dios y de hacerle da ~ OA los Seres Queridos mas.

23. malay says:

you have always been my favorite author, philosopher etc….
    you speak of everyday wisdom…….inspiring and encouraging…
    thanks

24. Sabina says:

Just wanted to share this beautiful song with you. Thank you for bringing reflection into my life everyday. I feel so alive.

Sabina

25. Liz says:

That’s beautiful Yilmaz.

I agree, but I also think that that “one moment” could be any given moment of the day. I believe that we are always connected to something greater than ourselves, that we are in fact part of it. Some people call it God, scientists now call it the “unified field”, others call it ‘the universe’ – it’s the same thing whatever you call it.

I think that in those moments when we are inspired in life, by beauty, by music by the smile of a child, a glowing sunset, meditation – whatever it is that inspires people and causes their consciousness to raise that it is in those moments that we are closer to the very source of miracles and that they become possible in our lives…

26. [...] 40 SEC READING: the magic moment — Paulo Coelho’s Blog. [...]

27. Yilmaz says:

“But that moment exists–a moment when all the power of the stars becomes a part of us and enables us to perform miracles.”

In these magic moments, we become the brilliant stars of our own lives. In those other moments we surrender, however, we hide from god’s glorious light so it can’t illuminate us.

1. Chantal says:

Very well said, so true! thanks :)

28. faty says:

it s verry nice i like all your books, thank you MR Coelho

29. ramzy says:

yes… there is always this magic moment that can change our life to something better …. but sometimes our pride keeps us from seizing this moment … sometimes our low self-esteem does this too …

30. kathy ahearn says:

Every day there are gifts for us. We have to be open to recieving and sometimes have to let go of our fears to be open. I read somewhere that the majic happens just outside of our comfort zone. That place we hide out in to escape feeling afraid and vulnerable.

1. Liz says:

So true… A great reason to do at least one thing every day that scares you…