2012: Manual for conserving paths

PORTUGUES CLICAR AQUI>> Manual de conservar caminhos
ESPANOL CLICAR AQUI >> Manual de conservar caminos

1] The path begins with a crossroads. There you can stop and think what direction to follow. But don’t spend too much time thinking or you’ll never leave the spot. Once you have taken the first step, forget the crossroads forever or you will always torture yourself with the useless question: “did I take the right path?”

2] The path doesn’t last for ever. It is a blessing to travel the path for some time, but one day it will come to an end, so always be prepared to leave it at any moment. Don’t get too used to anything. Neither to the hours of euphoria, nor to the endless days when everything seems so difficult and progress is so slow. Don’t forget that sooner or later an angel will appear and your journey will reach an end.

3] Honor your path. It was your choice, your decision, and just as you respect the ground you step on, that ground will respect your feet. Always do what is best to conserve and keep your path and it will do the same for you.

4] Be well equipped. Carry a small rake, a spade, a penknife. Understand that penknives are no use for dry leaves, and rakes are useless for herbs that are deep-rooted. Know also what tool to use at each moment.

5] The path goes forward and backward. At times you have to go back because something was lost, or else a message to be delivered was forgotten in your pocket. A well tended path enables you to go back without any great problems.

6] Take care of the path before you take care of what is around you. Don’t be distracted by the dry leaves at the edges or by the way that others are looking after their paths. Use your energy to tend and conserve the ground that accepts your steps.

7] Be patient. Sometimes the same tasks have to be repeated, like tearing up weeds or closing holes that appear after unexpected rain. Don’t let that annoy you – that is part of the journey.

8] Paths cross. People can tell what the weather is like. Listen to advice, and make your own decisions. You alone are responsible for the path that was entrusted to you.

9] Nature follows its own rules. In this way, you have to be prepared for sudden changes in the fall, slippery ice in winter, the temptations of flowers in spring, thirst and showers in the summer. Make the most of each of these seasons, and don’t complain about their characteristics.

10] Make your path a mirror of yourself. By no means let yourself be influenced by the way that others care for their paths. You have your soul to listen to, and the birds to tell what your soul is saying. Let your stories be beautiful and pleasant to everything around you. Above all, let the stories that your soul tells during the journey be echoed at each and every second of the path.

11] Love your path. And may the Lord guide you and help you every single day in 2012

Online Bookstore HERE
Kindle (four languages) HERE

Comments

1. Thanks for helping to show us how to follow our own path,you have been a very important inspiration.
    Have an auspicious, happy, clear, gentle, strong and loving 2012, with love…..

2. kealan says:

Respect those who have already walked the path.

3. Nina_CZ says:

This will surely be my 2012 manual. Thank you for sharing, I needed to read this. Recently felt in love with your work, currently reading through Zahir, and this book made me realize that I also “have” one to deal with. Thank you for your words, books, stories, you inspire me. I tried to read your books before, but I was not able to, I believe I was not ready back then. Now I am in the stage of my life where each line in your books touches my heart and I understand it, even though I do not believe in any form of God. Thank you. Again. Have a great 2012. N.

4. David Dubois says:

‘And ye, who have met with Adversity’s blast,
    And been bow’d to the earth by its fury;
    To whom the Twelve Months, that have recently pass’d
    Were as harsh as a prejudiced jury -
    Still, fill to the Future! and join in our chime,
    The regrets of remembrance to cozen,
    And having obtained a New Trial of Time,
    Shout in hopes of a kindlier dozen.’
    Thomas Hood

A way of wishing you a happy New Year Paulo.
    As it is a time to reflect, I am grateful and must tell you thank you for all that you do and give to us.

All the best.
    David

5. Joël says:

Happy New Year Paulo,

I am working in Santos with a dredging ship,the weather over here is terrible it´s rainy and cloudy i espected to have more sun.

See you next year

Joël

6. Adriana says:

Wonderful!, thanks for this text, very inspirational to start 2012 with a lot energies and hope.
    Happy 2012 Paulo!

7. Reem Dyab says:

Happy New Year Beautiful Paulo & Cristina <3

8. ruta says:

Happy New Year, Paulo. Best wishes to you and your family!
    You both look great:))
    Stay happy and in love for ever:))

9. Edgar says:

Thank you, Paulo! Thank you for the inspiring books. Wish you and your wife all the best at 2012!

10. Kelly says:

Feliz ano senor Coelho que Dios lo bendiga hoy y siempre y le de larga vida para seguir disfrutando de su escritura que la amo.

11. Paulo Scarpelni says:

Paul Happy 2012. Peace, Love and Health in Harmony.

12. aretha wilson says:

Thank you! What a wonderful way to start the new year!!!

13. Karen Tres Reyes says:

As always, you are an inspiration not only to me but to the rest of the world. I wish you and your wife Happy New Year , and may you continue to be an inspiration. I Love You Paulo Coelho! :)

14. Christina says:

Feliz Año nuevo !! Gracias por compartir sus linda historias y palabra sabias. Me encanta leer todos sus libros y los comparto con todos mis seres queridos.

15. Ana gómez says:

Feliz año 2012 Paulo !!!! sigue enseñándonos tu mágico camino en este nuevo año , te deseo mucha felicidad

16. Sarah says:

Happy new Year :)

17. Anuj Tyagi says:

a very happy and prosperous new year to you and your family, which i am a member of.

18. Savita P N says:

dear Paulo and chris a Very Happy New year to you..!

Paulo i’m very near to fulfill my dream … you are not only inspiration behind but helped me to fulfill it… soon i will submit my doctoral thesis [my dream]title as “Paulo Coelho- Study of his Fiction in English” Paulo i want your email adress to tell you all the detail.

1. Paulo Coelho says:

Great. Please send it to pilar_piedra@hotmail.com and they will forward it to me. Have a wonderful 2012

19. ANKIT RAKESH says:

Wishing you, Paulo sir and all other people associated with this blog a very happy and prosperous 2012…..happy new year!!!!!

20. Dorian says:

As usual for some reason your words of wisdom arrive at the best and most critical times… Gracias Señor Coelho. May this year bring many blessings to you and your loved ones too.

21. Linda Rosa says:

Dear Paulo,

As the passt year comes to a close I find myself reflecting on all the major events that made up 2011. So many wonderful changes manifested themselves in my life, I still sometimes feel as though I may wake up and find out I’ve simply dreamed it all.
    I want to thank you for sharintg your inner most thoughts with the world, it takes a beautiful soul full of love to do this. It was after reading your book ¨The Pilgrimage¨ that things started to change for me, internally and then extrenally…it gave me the courage and assurance to follow my dreams.
    Since setting out on MY path I have met so many amazing people who have helped me see the world from different angles and understand the human condition.
    Again I thank you from the depths of my soul.
    Much love and light to you and your family,
    Linda

22. Ariun says:

Dear Sir Paulo,

I want to say thank for your wisdom. Your words come from truly life experince and they encouraged and lifted me throughout the 2011. I am so thankful that I found your book Alchemist in Mongolia and that now I can read your words and life experiences on line. While I am saying goodbye for 2011, I am looking forward to another exciting year. The Aleph was very interesting because I studied in Russsia for 6 years and I lived in Moscow. Everytime I went back to Mongolia, I took that trans Sibirian train for many years and your book brought me back those memories. Thank you again for great book. I hope that you will make to Mongolia, one day. I wish you all the good things and that you make another new book of wisdom. Your big fan from Mongolia, Ariun Sanjaajamts

23. Hedwig says:

Wow! what a blessing that you have this wise woman next to you!
    What a lucky man you are!

My road ahead for 2012 will be the hardest one to date,.. so thank you for this life lesson, this one, will be mine for 2012!

24. Yogesh says:

I was very but this article just made my day. Thank you and happy new year

25. Alejandro says:

saludos Paulo, todo lo mejor para este nuevo año, que se renueven todos los corazones y que la esperanza renazca para aquellos que lo necesiten.
    Feliz Año Nuevo para todos!!!

26. Shelley Malone says:

I really enjoyed this web-site a friend just e-mailed me! Thank you for
    your guiding & loving spirt and for sharing with us… Shelley

27. M Yousaf says:

Must be pasted on the wall near one’s study table for a daily look and guidance.

28. Josana says:

Sempre o tenho como um mentor. Afinal, estou iniciando minha jorana, se comparada a você. Obrigada por mostrar que nunca é tarde para seguirmos o caminho de maneira correta

29. barbara says:

Many blessings and wishes to you Mr.Coelho and your Christina and everyone here! Happy New 2012 Year!
    Love,
    Barbara

30. Parabens Pulo coelho Que Deus Te Ilumine Sempre.Sao Meus Votos genibert Ribeiro.p

31. Wenche Berit Borgen says:

Takk for kloke ord!
    Gleder meg til Alef som kommer i januar på norsk!

Godt nytt år til deg og dine!

32. Gabriela says:

Happy New Year, Paulo! May your paths be well tended now and forever.

33. patty daniels says:

Dear Sir
    Everything I’ve read thus far has been so meaningful and very applicable to the daily walks of life…truelly you are very gifted and May you and your wife be blessed in many ways for sharing the wisdom and knowledge with millions worldwide! I salute you two! Hope you have a glorious 2012!!

34. Adriana says:

Beautiful as always

35. Olta Canka says:

Right or mistaken, any path will lead you to the right one some(day).
    All ways lead to God.

Wish you all a Happy and Glorious New Year!

LOVE
    Olta :)

36. eleonora says:

Che belli che siete..,bella la vostra storia d’amore..di vita vissuta.Vi auguro un 2012 strepitoso.Nel cuore*

37. Darosess says:

Lots of love for you, your wife and all the people who love and support you!
    Best wishes for all!!!
    Your words are very inspirational!

1. Maria says:

Feiz año 2012 lleno de salud paz y mucho AMOR un buso desde España

38. Boipelo says:

Thank u so much for this 1 Paulo!!!!! U never dissapoint!!

39. guido says:

tus palabras me ha guiado mucho, en busca de mi camino, y en busca de mi sueño le doy las gracias a Dios por existir una persona como usted, que Dios te bendiga siempre.

40. DZIĘKUJĘ!
    Wspaniałe drogowskazy na Nowy 2012 rok.
    Niech będzie dobry dla wszystkich, niechaj odnajdą swoją właściwą drogę szukający…
    Autorowi tekstu mr. Paulo Coelho życzę twórczch inspiracji.

41. Susy says:

God them health, so never stop writing. Susy
    Que dios les de salud, para que nunca deje de escribir. Susy

42. Yan says:

Before I set off to celebrate new year’s eve with my German family, I did the last translation of this year. It is again an article I liked a lot. :) Only on the point 10: “By no means let yourself be influenced by the way that others care for their paths. ” I have some different views.

There are so many people around us, and for me, they do influence A LOT how I go my path, my parents, grandparents, my primary school teacher (who influenced my career choice), friends, “enemies” , my karate Sensei and all those I considered as my mentors (including you). I learn everyday from them, how to go my path better.

Confucius said: Among any three people walking, I will find something to learn for sure. Their good qualities are to be followed, and their shortcomings are to be avoided.

Love
    Yan

关于人生之路的忠告

1]人生之路始于十字路口。
    在那里你会驻足思考前进的方向。但不要花费太多时间,否则你会滞留原地。一旦你踏出了第一步,就该遗忘那个十字路口,否则,你将始终用一个无用的问题折磨自己:“我到底选择的对不对?”

2] 人生之路不会永远存在。
    能走这条路是上天的祝福,但路终有尽头,所以请时刻准备好离开的可能。不要对一切事物习以为常,不管是幸福时刻,还是看似永无止尽的艰难和困境。不要忘记,一位天使迟早会降临宣告你的旅程结束。

3] 尊重你选择的路。

在路上你会经常遇到重复的任务,类似于铲除野草,或是填平突如其来的大雨后冒出的坑洼。别让它们激怒你 – 要知道它们是旅途的一部分。

8] 你的人生会与其他人的交错。
    大家会告诉你天气怎么样。 倾听别人的忠告,然后做你自己的决定。只有你自己才能对这一条天赋之路负责。

9] 大自然遵循它自己的法则。
    这么说,是请你时刻准备好面对秋季变幻莫测的天气;冬季路上结冰地滑;春季充满诱惑的鲜花和夏季的酷暑和暴雨。学会享受四季的美好,而不去抱怨它们的个性脾气。

10] 让你的人生之路成为自己的一面镜子。
    不要让别人在人生中的做法和走法轻易干涉了你自己的路。你有自己的灵魂可以倾听,有小鸟会告诉你灵魂的私语。让你的故事妆点周围的一切,为其带来美和快乐。最重要的是,让这旅途中你用心诉说的故事,每时每刻都回响在路上。

11] 爱你所走的路。
    愿主指点你保佑你2012年中的每一天。

43. Gurunath says:

Sir,
    wish you a very happy new year!!!
    your writings have had a great positive impact on my approach towards life and the way of my thinking. i experience a unique calmness and pleasure when i read your works. thanks a lot. hope this new year brings out more writing from you. you are a source of inspiration for millions of souls… Thank you very much.

44. Julie Takase says:

very inspirational! just like your books!

45. Nur Su'iba Rosli says:

Wishing you a bless 2012!
    An article of inspiration is what i need and this article hits BULL’S EYE!
    2012 will be a year that i will be embracing reality, my studies of 5 years in college will come to an end. And i would be on a cross-road to take the path of the future.I’ve been a fan since i was introduce to your book in 2005 by a classmate who loves to read and from then on i have every single of your books in my personal library.I’ve also have achieved my dreams in 2011 by following my heart and believing the in the conspiration of the universe. I would like to thank you so much from the bottom of my heart! You’re such an inspiration, if destiny prevails we shall meet :)

Happy New Year! <3

46. Anna Måneholm says:

Thank you for your words that are immensely appreciated:) words without expiration date:) I tried to write a New year’s wish to you or just write(Happy New Year)but it is not possible I can only tell you to read your words(like you never wrote them). Be well and thank you for having us in your thoughts:)

47. Annie says:

Thank you for accompanying our path with this manual, with this blog, with your fantastic posts, your fantastic YOU.. like a sun with your rays spraying light to every warrior here…thank you, may Love and Blessings be with you every day and you be with them…..
    Love and Gratitude for a SUPERB GREAT FANTASTIC 2012 <3
    Annie

48. Aysegul Cerci says:

happy new year Mr. Coelho..thank you for being what you are and what you are sharing with us.. much love to you and your family..:)

49. jenna says:

I was introduced to your blog through a friend. I appreciate the gifts that you have been blessed with. I enjoyed this piece of beauty very much!!

50. apple09 says:

i really wish u could come and visit the Philippines.. u have no idea how much u have and still is helping me.. if u could cum and visit, i’d fly from my town and see u in person. thank u for being an inspiration…