Mysteries of Aleph

(research by Alexandra Jequier after reading ALEPH)

The Hebrew alphabet is not simply a collection of abstract linguistic elements, like the English alphabet is. All Hebrew letters have names and identities, and in post-Biblical times were even rendered numerical value.
It is said that they contain the precise plan of the principles of creation. Each letter (or auth) is a crystallization of one of the aspects of manifestation of the divine word. Each letter corresponds to a number

Each letter is thus connected to the creative forces in the universe.

First there are three mother letters, or Immoth: Aleph, Mem and Shin. They form the prime trinity that came from the Divine.
They represent the three dimensions of space. They act as a prism which transforms

In Revelation 22:13 Jesus refers to Himself as the Aleph and Tav, the First and the Last

In Or Torah, Rabbi Dov Ber, the Maggid of Mezritch, explained first words of Torah: Bereshit Bara Elohim Et (Gen 1:1). “Note that et is an untranslatable word used to indicate that “a definite direct object is next” (thus there needs to be an et before the heavens and the earth).”
But Dov Ber points out that et is spelled – Aleph-Tav, an abbreviation for the Aleph-Bet. Aleph is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Since God did this before creating the heavens and the earth, the letters are considered to be the primordial building blocks of all of creation.

Rabbi Shneur Zalman of Liadi stated that if the letters were to depart even for an instant, all of creation would become absolute nothingness

Online Bookstore HERE
Kindle (four languages) HERE

Comments

1. Murat says:

” The numerical value of Aleph is 111 (Aleph + Lamed + Peh: 1 + 30 + 80 = 111). The number 111 contains the trinity; and it is also the constant of the magic square of six. 111 = 1 + 10 +100.
    Symbolically this means that Aleph combines the divine, the spiritual and the physical world. ”
    There is also aleph in arabic and its shape is like 1 and i think since these alphabets are the most ancient ones that god shows his only presence with this magical letters they all points that there is only one god.

2. Rosemarie says:

Next step away from the meanings of people, let me say what happen to me with the Book ALEPH. First I am a traveler, women, mother of 2 adult children, and my whole life is a big journey full of meetings with souls, human and Situation where the solution is just “forgiveness” and to be “Gratefull” to our Creator and to my self.
    The first chapter let me realized, that I read exectly my own story, only without real human what able to help me. I am in a stagnant situation, as in your first chapter of Aleph, I wish in my life a human like J.. It seems, that my leader of mystery ways always in the soul & spirit level, to find. I am 54 years and tired for fights, But someone gave me right now, back to me my sword.

Marie, the travelers

3. pradip mankad says:

In Hindu tradition, which is even older than yehudi culture, A isthe beginning of the alphabet. It appears that in all cultures A is beginning of the alphabet. AUM is the considered as the primitive sound from where the universe has been created.

1. Dev says:

The meaning of AUM is the ‘creator’ of the universe.

4. stan mihaela says:

Stimate domnule Paulo Coelho,vreau sa va spun ca tocmai am terminat de citit cartea Aleph,va multumesc din suflet ca existati,ne faceti viata mai frumoasa si eu vreau sa cred ca ma numar printre cei mai mari fani ai dumneavoastra,detin aproape toata colectia de carti scrise de dumneavoastra si pentru mine este inestimabila,nu as renunta la ea pentru nimic in lume,va iubesc din tot sufletul meu,cu stima Mihaela.

5. After years, I came back to see your writings again.
    There was a time when I took the first of your books, and I thank to the One for it. After years I recognise that from it, a door was open to me, without even see at the beginning or have a clear understanding of what was taking place.
    It was the beggining of the change and chaos, and the beggining of a deeply change within me.
    Before it was hard to write it, and say thank you, because involved into the ego, sometimes is hard to remember what was the beggining of your paths in this life.
    I do not know you, but the soul does. And it say thank to you too, for at the begining bring it back.
    I would like to express a lot more in this comment, but from inside I express to you my deepest respect and friendship from soul.
    With love,
    Bárbara Beatriz / Mahalath bat Yakov Leib

6. Maria Bertilia M. Lins says:

Paulo,Coelho,eu adorei a explicação sobre o Aleph,, eu entendia esta letra como a criação,,o princípio,mas aprendi também no pouco conhecimento que tenho sobre o alfabeto hebraico que apesar de o Aleph ser a primeira letra,na verdade Beth,a segunda passa a ter o sentido de começo,por causa da palavra ‘Bereshit’,que quer dizer,no começo;acho que corresponde ao que está explicado no final do seu texto, não é?

7. M-Y says:

it’s a different approach a new way of looking at writing
    i liked the experimentation thank you i hope it will come in hebrew that will be helpful otherwise you’ll just have to use your imagination
    I enjoyed .That’s part of
    Herout
    Kol touv

1. Efrat Honen says:

It is new as the bible new is…. people familiar with the kabbala has been working with letters since ages, using them for helaing….

8. Al Asaad says:

Salam, Shalom, Peace, Paix!

I jumped when I heard Paulo Coelho’s new ‘chef d’oeuvre’, ALEPH. After reading some comments and explanation of the Hebrew origin or rather perspective of ALEPH, I am surprised that not a lot consideration was given to the Arabic origin and perspective of ALEPH!

ALEPH is at the very beginning of the Muslim’s Sacred and Holy Book…just as in Hebrew, Aleph, Lameh, Peh….in Arabic, there is Aleph, Laam, Meem…

I think the beauty of this single letter, together with its mysteries, brings us all to the ONE, makes use see what is common to ALL of us rather than to see the differences. That single word, in whatever language you translate it, serves is purpose well, Humanity As One submitted to THE ONE!

1. Anat says:

Very well said, Amen!

9. Anon says:

Thanks for the info. I am studying the importance of letters and sounds in Hinduism. It was wonderful to know this piece of information. Is ‘alpha’ nothing but ‘aleph’? Isnt it a coincidence that irrespective which language irrespective of the geography the first letters in a language begin with the ‘a’ sound?

1. arcobaleno says:

Amen.

10. Chantal says:

Dear Paulo,
    I just finished listening to your audio book The Witch of Portobello and boy, I just want to say the mystery of life was TOTALLY revealing itself through your words! I just found out we share the same birthday and you are a messenger of peace. I was recently told (a medium shared with me) I too will become a messenger of peace and a writer. My journey began in 2008 flying back home from Brazil that I saw spirit (panther and owl) manifesting in the clouds and my life has never been the same since. Discovering your work has been a blessing and the ultimate connection is the multiple references to “Maltese” and “Malta” that appears on your site. I am Maltese and have lived in Canada all my life. Thankfully I have been able to travel the world, and each time I change up the “routine” spirit speaks to me in ways I am so grateful for. I do hope our paths cross one day, you would be a great mentor and teacher. Looking forward to your upcoming blogs about writing, I think they’re meant for me BIG time!

God bless you. – Chantal Scerri

1. Suhey says:

Chantel, your words interest me. Who told you about your spirit medium? Is this categorized as a religion? I’m curious because I am trying to learn my spiritual path and would like to research this subject. Thank you :)

2. Chantal says:

Dear Suhey,

The spiritual path is different for each person. It’s as unique as a human finger print, or a snowflake….there can never be another like it. To begin one’s path, they must empty their cup – forgetting the judgements we hold of people and things and generally what the world tell us is so. Religion will only ever tell of love, but it can never ever replace us experiencing it. For me, Shamanism has held a special place in my heart. Honouring the ancient traditions of the past – all traditions – all religions – in one beautiful basket is the bounty for which your soul seeks. A meduim is someone who can commune with spirit and help others receive the messages they need to hear. If our hearts truly seek, we shall find an honest and good teacher. Just remember, there are many paths to one truth – love. May you experience love, peace and joy as you relearn how to walk in this world.

Blessings, Chantal

11. Keith says:

Thoughts of Alexandra Jequier after reading Aleph and posted by Paulo Coelho on his blog.

What is being described, though not named, is Kabbalah, mystical Judaism.

In the first five books of the Old Testament, layers upon layers of meaning. All the Universe, as was, as will be, time and space, contained therein.

That is why Scribes were so highly regarded. Copies had to be letter perfect, the Scribe in the right spiritual frame of mind.

I am lucky. I have the first five books in Hebrew, or at least a literal translation. Much different from King James Bible and radically different from modern Bibles.

In the first few lines we can see at least one level of meaning. As order is wrought from chaos we can see this in the structure of the writing, prose changes to verse.

- Christian Theology and Gaia

Greeks has their sagas, Jews the Torah. Not originally meant to be written down, to write was to set in stone. The Sagas were retold, changed, each Prophet a re-telling of what went before.

- The Bible A Biography

What was of less importance was the past, did the scared texts provide answers for the present, what did they tell of the future?

Many of the writings mystical, difficult to understand, for example Ezekiel. What were the wheels with wheels?

- Wheels within wheels

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Revelation 22:13

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

In the beginning the word was made flesh. Before and after, nothing.

12. cats says:

numerology -
    there’s a lot of interesting work writing on the numerology of names…

and of course, different names have different number totals as each letter has it’s own number accorded.

each number also, has a kind of character to which constitutes the group of numbers that make up a name.

catherine, thus, is different to catrina, cathy, cate, cats, catarina…
    vowels have certain significance, which is different to consonents.

some names have lucky endings.. but i can’t recall the letter at this moment.

anyway..

love this blog. thanks for ‘this’ moment in time – aleph ?

13. cats says:

WOW. Annie.
    I just read this on your comment posted..

Now, the Hebrew of Moses was a language very descriptive – one of pictures….so picturing snow we get something like “The destruction of the control of the proud”

that’s exactly it! that is exactly WHY I <3 snow and gale time.. because one is so freeee from other's capture…. their control is destroyed.. mwhahahaha x giggles. X

14. cats says:

i’m glad to have you write something here on ‘the word’ so to speak and how letters play a role in narrative and language of the universe.

i noticed a real trend over the last decade in the UK for girls, and maybe boy’s names, that were a lot softer in sounding, than the previous common, strong names. it was as if we, as a culture/society, were trying to lessen the responsibility or pressures on our offspring and next generation.. by not hyping them up to be anything more than ‘just’ human. ie: a start to get out of the 80′s over-confident expansiveness

anyway.. those names..
    were mostly like a lullaby sound….
    l’s millie, ellie, lily,

gone were all the grand names, unless they were short and sweet – like eva, eve, grace…

it was also as if culture/society was trying to escape the repetitive common names that our parents/grandparents/great grandparents had been consolidated into by name, order, rank….

anyway… i believe this was all some form of changing the fluidity of culture/society, which as you also have highlighted here.. suggests that ”
    if the letters were to depart even for an instant, all of creation would become absolute nothingness”

and P>S. to Annie
    I love it when it snows… for it brings such peace and SERENITY. but recently this christmas, i also realised how much i love GALE WINDS…
    these seem to be the only two times when language seems to remain within our thoughts, unless spoken…
    at all other times… minds seem connected as if some global mass….
    snow and gales break this and recast the magic in which we are spellbound…..
    for me, my true self….
    i feel back in control of my life when i am walking in snowfall and gale winds!

15. Josephine says:

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

16. Kath says:

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for your book Aleph. I am Christian and my husband is Druze and I have always made fun of the Druze belief in reincarnation. Your book has thoroughly challenged my own beliefs and has caused me to have a greater appreciation for the Druze faith.

Kath

17. Ben says:

Hi,

Bereshit bara elokim et . . .

“et” – is a translatable word. in English, it means “the” – - – its symbols Relevance

18. Lucky says:

Is Aleph available in Sri Lanka?
    Have a good day all!!!

1. Roshini says:

Yes it is :)

19. Islenho says:

I can’t understand. I always think that Aleph has 1 as number. the first letter of hebrew alphabet with a pictogram of an Ox. Why the text put as 111?

1. Shachar Elad says:

alef=אלף
      א=1
      ל=30
      ף=80
      —–
      111

2. Moshe says:

Aleph = 1
      bet = 2
      guimel = 3

AV Aleph bet = alphabet & father
      1+2=3

20. nidiane aparecida da costa says:

SR: PAULO COELHO, EU O ADMIRO MUITO. PELO SEUS LIVROS JÁ LI ALGUNS! MAS TENHO CERTEZA QUE ALGUM DIA IREI LER TODOS.
    NO FACEBOOK ADORO SEUS COMENTÁRIOS, AS VEZES ELES SE PARECEM COMIGO, PRINCIPALMENTE QUANDO EU ESTOU MAIS PRECISANDO LAVA A MINHA ALMA, AS VEZES PRECISO TENHO DEPRESSAO. OBRIGADO POR TUDO…

21. ashley says:

I know hebrew, It alway nice to hear something new about
    the language

ashley

22. helene says:

First: thank you, Paulo Coelho, for beautiful blogposts that make me stop and feel love, gratitude and happiness ever so often. And thank you for writing; your books are treasures that I continue to enjoy even several years after I read them.

Also: My easy-to-distract old violin-teacher told me that if you look at the ancient hebrew alphabet (drawn in the ben yehuda dictionary), alef is an ox. Very easily recognizable in its visual form as well as ethymological. Bet is the second thing you need. (Bayit). A house – or historically a tent. Also easily recognizable in visual and ethymological context.

I became better listening to good stories than playing the violin (:-/), so I look very much forward to reading your Aleph.

23. yenis says:

Gracias por compartir este texto, a través de su blog un@ siempre se conoce y aprende algo nuevo.

24. Lee says:

For me I guess the letters are just for the spoken laungue and writing, so I guess it’s always nice to know there’s something more behind words and letters. Too bad the google translation in Hebrew is not accurate and sometimes misleading, I prefere the English blog. About the “et”- you really don’t have to use it in a sentence in Hebrew, you can say a sentence without it and the meaning stays the same.. In fact, the legend says that the great David Ben Gurion, the 1st Israeli prime minister, used to skip the “et” word.

25. Paulo Coelho says:

I was browsing the Facebook comments, and I found the text of the blog in Hebrew. I decided to post it here and to thank Maayan Agam Sarig and thanks to Google Translator, otherwise I will never know what was it about!

פאולו קואלו מדבר על הא-ב העברי. הנה תרגום גוגל לבלוג

: Misteries של א ‘
    על ידי פאולו קואלו על 3 ינואר 2012
    (מחקר שנעשו על ידי אלכסנדרה Jequier לאחר קריאת אלף)

האלפבית עברית היא לא רק אוסף של אלמנטים לשוניים מופשטים, כמו את האלפבית האנגלי. כל אותיות עברית יש שמות וזהויות, וכן שלאחר המקרא היו פעמים הערך המספרי שניתנו אפילו.
    הוא אמר כי הם מכילים את תוכנית מדויקת של עקרונות הבריאה. כל אות (או auth) היא התגבשות של אחד ההיבטים של תופעה של המילה אלוהית. כל אות מתאים למספר

כל אות היא קשורה בכך לכוחות יצירתיים ביקום.

ראשית יש שלוש אותיות אמא, או Immoth: אל”ף, מ”ם ו – שין. הם מהווים את השילוש הממשלה שהגיעו האלוהית. הם מייצגים את שלושת הממדים של החלל. הם מתנהגים כמו פריזמה אשר הופך

הערך המספרי של א ‘היא 111 (אלף + למד + הפ”א: 1 + 30 + 80 = 111). המספר 111 מכיל את השילוש, וזה גם המתמדת של רבוע הקסם של שש. 111 = 1 + 10 +100. באופן סימבולי משמעות הדבר היא א ‘משלב את האלוהי, הרוחני לבין העולם הפיזי.

בהתגלות 22:13 ישו מתייחס אל עצמו כאל א ‘ו – תו, את הראשונה והאחרונה

ב אור תורה, הסביר הרב דב בער, המגיד ממעזריטש, המילים הראשונות של התורה: בראשית ברא אלוהים Et (בראשית 1:1). שים לב et היא מלה שאינה ניתנת לתרגום משמש לציון כי “אובייקט ישיר מובהק הוא הבא” (כך יש צורך et לפני השמים ואת הארץ). אבל דב בער מציין כי et מאוית – א ‘, תו, קיצור של בית-האל”ף.
    א ‘היא האות הראשונה באלפבית עברית. מאז אלוהים עשה זאת לפני יצירת השמים ואת הארץ, את האותיות נחשבים המבנה הקדמוני blocksof כל הבריאה.

רבי שניאור זלמן מלאדי כי אם המכתבים היו לצאת אפילו לרגע, כל הבריאה יהפוך האינסוף

26. Thanks for this post. It certainly enriches ones understanding of Revelation 22:13! Jeremy

27. Annie says:

“Each letter (or auth) is a crystallization of one of the aspects of manifestation of the divine word”
    this made me think of snow…snowflakes…
    so I looked up snow in Hebrew..

22 Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, 23Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? – Job 33
    let’s see the treasures :)

the Gematria of the word snow, is 333. It’s 3 3′s..so it’s three times the divine perfection (3). But look! 3 is also the number of FATHER, Aleph-Bet. [The Alef and the Bet together spell “Ab” which means “Father”] :))))
    Now picturing the word snow: it is spelled (Hebrew is read from right to left) Sheen-Lamed-Gimel.
    The letter Sheen has as its pitcture a teeth and means “to destroy”.
    The letter Lamed is the letter of learning and means “control, authority” .
    The letter Gimel means “pride”.

maybe this makes sense to you maybe not.. but if not and you want to connect it somehow, there is also a picture I loved in Aleph (the book) of two snowflakes (Paulo and Chris) that melt together.. (please correct me if it was not snowflakes)

Love and Gratitude
    Annie

1. Annie says:

googling a bit more

” The gematriah (numerical equivalent) of the Hebrew word sheleg (snow) is 333 (shin=300, lamed=30, gimmel=3). It says in Kabbalah that sheleg is the gematriah of three times the letter alef. When you spell out the letter alef, it is 111. (Alef, lamed, and fei is 1+30+80=111.) So 111 times 3 is 333 which is sheleg.

What is the significance? The verse states, “Vayidaber Melech Shlomo shaloshes alafim moshel – King Solomon, (the wise one) spoke in 3,000 metaphors.” The number 3,000, three elefs (elef is one thousand), is snow. (The letter alef also refers to the word elef, 1,000.) So snow relates to the concept of three thousand metaphors.

What’s the relationship between the two? Sheleg, snow, is the concept of metaphor itself. The spiritual dimension of snow serves as an intermediary between Divine energy and the universe. Snow is the concept of explaining knowledge in metaphor. Its cosmic significance is this: To understand the process of how G-d created the universe, G-d could not allow the borders of divinity and spirituality to just flow ceaselessly and annihilate the boundaries of existence. G-d had to contain it, and the way He contained it is reflected in snow.

The mystique of snow is precisely because of its dual quality of heaven meeting earth, water meeting land. Next time you look at the snowflakes gently dropping from heaven, blanketing earth in its white embrace, remember that you are witnessing a kiss – the kiss of the Divine and the mundane. ”

if you want to read more go to the following page
      [from http://www.askmoses.com/en/article/275,2109677/Spiritual-Meaning-of-Snow.html ] :))

“The letter Aleph/One is a general letter including all the 22 Hebrew letters; the Aleph is made from the combination of two other letters: two Yudim/Ten and one Vav/Six. The Yud is a dot and the Vav a line – the two primordial forms of creation.
      Snow is beneath the Kesay HaKoved/Sit of Glory which hovers above creation, as taught in the Midrash-Book of Metaphor; from this FIRST snow came water and earth – as is stated in the Torah, And the Breath of God hovered upon the water – parting the water to make place for creation.
      When Aleph is spelled out its gematria is 111 – three times this sum is 333 the gematria of Shaleg/Snow. The angel Michael, Angel of Kindness, is in charge of water and snow; if there are vessels to receive the kindness then good, if not there will be floods.”
      ————————————————————–

( i don’t know why I had to look up snow..but ..till I find out, thanks :)))

2. Shachar Elad says:

Dear Annie…
      Although I live in Israel and know the Aleph Bet since garden I am new to all of what we call in Israel Gimatria (which is the number given to each letter… aleph = 1 bet = 2 …. and so on untill the last letter tav = 400).

First of all… according to this Gimatria thing, there is no bad meaning to a Hebrew letter. That means that the letter sheen cant be “bad” as destruction or such… I happen to know (and you can look at it later) the letter sheen contains the letter Yod wich is the first letter in one of the many names of god… according to Judaism and the letter vav witch is the third letter on the same name and whats more most Jewish houses have a Mezuza in the entrance of the house (on the right side of the door… its supposed to give some protection to the house… it comes from “pesach” = passover… to much to explain… you can google it up, on every Mezuza the letter sheen appears as another name of god “Shadai”) .
      One other thing is as much as snow is nice fluffy and saintly white, the combination of the three letters sheen lamed and gimel… in gimatria actually has a bad meaning (sorry, I cant recall what it was… i just remember talking to someone about our cold winter and wished it would snow… and he told me that the combination of the the letters means something not that good for us… he even quoted it from somewhere in the bible!) the small but interesting proof of that is that apart from a bit of play time with the snow we actually hide from it in the comfort of our houses… we enjoy to watch it falling while we are protected by a thin layer of glass. do we enjoy the snow or the feeling of being safe???!!! In summer we lay under the warm sun tanning or enjoy the shade we are given by the trees… but winter… well we are wrapped in clothes and heat our homes because it is more dangerous to us… so i guess he told me the truth, I’m not sure…

In conclusion I can say that like you, naively, it is interesting to take words and try to translate them… but remember English comes from Latin… and Hebrew… comes from… well they say it comes from god they say he spoke the letters and the world was created, a bit more deep than Latin I would say. and still… I’m not sure.

3. Annie says:

thank you dear Shachar Elad for the input!!!
      for me destruction is not ‘bad’.. it makes room for something better..

“…..He will not be afraid of the destructive act:
      half the house will have to come down.
      This way he will grow virtuously into wisdom.” – Cavafy

love and gratitude
      Annie

28. Nermin says:

Mst.Paulo u a great writter,i love u very much and i hope that u can hear this masseg :) u a wonderful,u give me interest to live,and to dream,thanx for that.i want to read Aleph but i can’t find this book in my country,may be soon i’ll read it :) Thank u for everything,love u!!! Nermin

29. Natalie says:

Thank you for this article. it is said that every moment of existence is a re-creation of what was described in the first book of bible- the Genesis. and it also reminded me to be mindful of what i speak (which letters/words i use) and what i think (the letters that form the energy/words in my head).
    Good thing to be mindful of in the beginning of this year

so wishing you lots of Love = ahava (in hebrew)=A(1) + H(8) + A(1) + V(4) + A(1) = 15= 1 + 5 = 6
    a spiritual number symbolising connection, a bridge in structure. It is the link between every person and their will to serve the Universe/God, found in the core of every person’s heart.

1. Shinta says:

inspiring note Natalie!

30. Hanna says:

I see the number 111 everywhere…. !?

31. criststar11 says:

On my meaning the Christ refers himself at the Aleph and the Tav because He countains in himself all the meanings of the hebrew alphabet, He integrates all the meanings… I can’ t express what I feel very well sorry for that. At the same time he had a straight relation with the Maria the Mother… the Shekinah, but maybe I’ m saying something wrong. I’ m still very ignorant on it. But maybe it can explain why HE said “All the Graces who you will ask trough the Heart of my Mother will be granted ” All the names of God, all te meanings of the universe, and all the meanings of the Sefirot were the inner life of the Christ. That’ s why He sais I’m the Aleph and the Tav. He was within the keys of conscienceness. The Christ is the Key between us and the universe… HE Pulled the doors of the dead to enlight the world.
    I think that The Shekinah is the Mother, and the “Immaculate conception” the Exile of the Queen in the Divine corpus of the Father because She is the Queen who is in exile with his Son. My beloved Queen, my Mother, my Absolute, my All.
    I’ m not quite sure of what I’ m saing. I try to study seriously the meaning of each letter. And the start will never end, this study never ends. Because HIM is.
    I did something thanks the consciensness of the Aleph, it was in Rome. It was the starting point of my approach on the ebrew meaning of the letters and ebraic tradition. I might say that even if I always tried to focus on spiritual in other ways before, at least I think that I found the Way on this way. Because that’s part of my soul. I think that the letters are the foundations of the creation, but you can approach this meanings only with a pure and humble heart BECAUSE GOD is the essence of this letters. That’ s my point of vue. There are the Fire of the creation. But as I said I must study to remember. I send you so much Light Paulo, I thank you for all you’re giving to me. Your posts are very precious to me. You are a present for the world. You really are. Puedan los guerreros de la luz permanecer unidos ahora y siempre. :) Cris

32. toñi says:

Magnifico, quizás empiecen a gustarme las matemáticas. He sumado los digitos de fecha de nacimiento y edad y es cierto, dan 111.
    Abrazos.

33. arya says:

The Trinity (Brhma, Vishnu, Maheswara) are the fundamental pillars of Hinduism! By reading these comments it seems all are pursuing the divinity through the ‘same yet descrete’ ways of belief.

1. Nikhat says:

” it seems all are pursuing the divinity through the ‘same yet descrete’ ways of belief.” Exactly…

34. ross says:

כן כן. איזה קטע
    כל הבריאה אצלי בלוח מקשים

35. Chasan says:

Aleph derives from the Greek Alpha, the 1st letter of the Greek alphabet. It is noteworthy to know that all words in English and all Romantic languages that has “Ph” for “f” are etymologically stemmed from the Greek language (photo, elephant, pharmacy, etc.) and Aleph. In addition to that, Alpha becomes Aleph in all Semitic languages like Arabic and Hebrew.

Chasan

Do some research. The Hebrew alphabet existed prior to the development of the Greek alphabet, so there is no way that Aleph can derive from the Greel Alpha. The earliest known fragmentary Greek inscriptions date from 770-750 BC, and they match Phoenician letter forms of c. 800-750 BC.
      According to contemporary scholars, the original Hebrew script developed alongside others used in the region during the late second and first millennia BCE and had already emerged by the 10th century BC.

2. Shachar Elad says:

actually alpha derives from aleph….

36. Jyotirmoy says:

Hi,
    It is interesting fact.

37. Heimo Kruschinski says:

I’m sorry. I can not agree with this statement. I mean this with all due respect. The Aleph is the 1. Nothing more. 111 = 3, when I lead it back. 3 is a prime number. It is divisible by itself and the 1. The definition is the 1 is not a primenumber because it is only divisible by itself. That must be the Aleph. There is an apocryphal Gospel. The childhood story of Thomas. There, the Alpha is clearly explained. There is an apocryphal Gospel it belongs, not to the Bible. Nevertheless, one should not ignore it. A number has only one form but no substance. So is the Aleph. One must experience it. I think the article is intellectually appealing. But that’s all.

I wish you all a wonderful day

38. Vanda says:

Ahhh it is truly amazing and puts so much in perspective. To the smallest dot ,minute sound,array of color, it all has profound meaning. Simple yet it fits together like an never ending story. An excellent story at that.

39. Rudolf says:

I read and read and read in Aleph untill it was 1:00 in the morning. It was so exciting that I finished the book in 3 days ! Thank you Paolo for this present to mankind.

40. Racha BT masri says:

Paulo coelho is the best!! Plz could someone tell me how 2 connect with him??

1. Lina Miteva says:

Hello Racha,
      I love also love Paulo!!! you can contact him at his official website : paulocoelho.com ;or you can enter his blog: paulocoelhoblog.com

all the best: Lina

2. jenny says:

vill ja oxå veta =)

41. Pablo Escalante says:

Para el amigo Rivero, ud toma los dos ultimos digitos de su año de nacimiento y le suma su edad le dara 111, mi caso, naci en el 63 y tengo 48 da 111

Siii yo lo hice..! es cierto

In Evangelistis Ioannis’ Revelation Cap. KB 13 : Εγώ το Α και το Ω, ο πρώτος και ο έσχατος, αρχή καί τέλος. ( = Διότι εγώ ο Ιησούς είμαι το άλφα και το ώμέγα, ο πρώτος που πρό πάσης κτίσεως υπάρχω, και ό έσχατος, πού θά παραμείνω πάντοτε, είμαι η δημιουργική αρχή τών κτισμάτων και τό τέλος καί ό ύψιστος σκοπός αυτών).
    “Ι am the a (alfa) and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end”. The alfa is the first letter of the Greek alphabet and the omega is the last letter. The Greek alphabet has 24 letters.
    Pythagoras in Ancient Greece was dealing with Mathematics and NUMEROLOGY. I do not know much about this Science, but as we say everything is NOUS = Mind. Then we speak about Numbers and the Music of the Spheres. A whole beautiful, fascinating, Cosmos of colours, sounds and movements. Life and … the Mysteries..
    Blessings.
    LOVE,
    Thelma xxx

43. Frontlist says:

This is a wonderful thing to know! But makes our alphabet look so plain compared to Hebrew! :)

44. Bryan says:

language in its self is quite amazing but the origins and history (or what we know as fact) is something else

45. heart says:

Interesting! Are you going to write a trilogy? I knew it; by reading, we are created!

J’aime ce qu’a dit Marc Alain Ouaknin dans son livre ‘La Tora explique aux enfants”
    ‘On pourrait dire que la Tora commence comme un livre de geometrie avant de devenir un livre de geographie puis un livre d’histoire.’
    Mon interpretation
    la geometrie = intuition, cote feminin
    la geographie = pour nous situer dans le monde
    l’histoire = pour donner un sens a notre monde

I like what Marc-Alain Ouaknin said in his book ‘La Tora expliquee aux enfants” The Tora explained to the children’
    One could say that the Tora starts as a geometry book before it becomes a geography book and then a history book.
    I interpret it as :
    geometry = intuition,, feminine side
    geography = our place in the world
    history = to make sense of our world

the language itself combines it all – amazing -
    It certainly gave me something to think about,.
    Thank you.
    with love
    Marie-Christine

Dear Paulo,
      I believe this can be quite valid to use some of it for our children education as it uses the left side of the brain (geometry) geography for our place in the world and history.
      The Tora contains a lot of story- telling in the form of metaphors. It has singing . and is a continual learning process -that from what I understand -follows the natural way all through the year.and also has an individual approach with regard to the interpretation and a teaching that is different to the one I went through -in the sense that it gives you a kind of optimism even when you fail.- In other words, it encourages you to try again. That appeals to me.
      I can see the huge health benefits for example with the Yoga using the proper method for breathing also the traditional Chinese medicine and alternative ones and so on.
      I know all that I have learned onto the blog have helped to restore my own health and I am very grateful to you for that.
      With love
      Marie-Christine

47. un amigo hace unas semanas, calculó algo con la edad y mi fecha de nacimiento, y lo hizo con 3 personas más en el lugar donde trabajo, y la suma (en verdad no recuerdo la operación matemática que hizo) les dió a todos el número 111.
    Se lo preguntaré…