1 MIN reading: Krishna will hear your prayer

A widow from a poor village in Bengal did not have enough money to pay for her son’s bus fare, and so when the boy started going to school, he would have to walk through the forest all on his own.

In order to reassure him, she said:

‘Don’t be afraid of the forest, my son. Ask your God Krishna to go with you. He will hear your prayer.’

The boy followed his mother’s suggestion, and Krishna duly appeared and from then on accompanied him to school every day.

When it was his teacher’s birthday, the boy asked his mother for some money in order to buy him a present.
‘We haven’t any money, son. Ask your brother Krishna to get you a present.’

The following day, the boy explained his problem to Krishna, who gave him a jug of milk.
The boy proudly handed the milk to the teacher, but the other boys’ presents were far superior and the teacher didn’t even notice his.

‘Where did you get that jug?’

‘Krishna, the God of the forest, gave it to me.’

The teacher, the students and the assistant all burst out laughing.

‘There are no gods in the forest, that’s pure superstition,’ said the teacher. ‘If he exists, let’s all go and see him.’
The whole group set off. The boy started calling for Krishna, but he did not appear.
The boy made one last desperate appeal.

‘Brother Krishna, my teacher wants to see you. Please show yourself!’

At that moment, a voice emerged from the forest and echoed through the city and was heard by everyone.

‘I can’t! He doesn’t even believe I exist!’

Online Bookstore HERE
Kindle (four languages) HERE

Comments

1. David Titus says:

This world is still in hands of Devil.But God is with us to protect and help us.

2. Mela says:

Krisna is simply great and loving.

3. Mela says:

I strongly believe the story I just read. krishna is capable of anything. I have my own personal experiences. He relates to each and every one of us according to our understanding and faith in Him. Tnks.

4. Asif Nazir says:

Dear Paulo fans,
    I have created a website on Paulo Coelho, its initial stages though but I am updating it regularly. I want to create a forum there and discuss everything about Paulo. It will be a great if we fans be together and talk and share our experiences and how Paulo’s stories changed our lives. I have very few viewers on my site right now but when I had good viewers I will launch forum :) so please I request you all be there and help Paulo message spread.
    Good Luck :)

5. Abhijit Bhattacharjee says:

Hi,
    I read “the alchemist ” when i was in the lowest of my career, and belive me i feel that this is not a book but a epic…. coz it can relate to anybody and everybody…. read your many others too… but none like alchemist..

the above story is something i have heard and read since childhood.. GOD is how you belive him… coz its all between you and god,,, its no third guys business..

6. sarita says:

Dear Paulo,
    I belong to Bengal, the soil from where this story was taken. Rural Bengal and the interior parts of India are so intense in believing in the existence of God. I belong to this soil and I am an Bengali from India. We have many such stories about God that we have grown up listening. In fact, the folklore, the stories all have glimpses of God, humanity, human relations, faith, respect to elders – all that matters in India. Today I feel proud that you have taken a story from my soil and have shared it with the world.

1. nikita chhaparia says:

Being frm bengal and an ardent believer of krishna i m very proud dat you shared dis story wid d world. Thank you.

7. wasim says:

only allah who is the greatest of all exist.
    1400 years ago the quran is proving 100% right.

1. Mahendra says:

Dear Wasim,

This is a Open forum and request not to hurt any ones feelings. Just fYI if any book which says the future what is going to happen then it can also be called as Astrology. But as a holy Book of Islam i respect Quran. Please don’t bring your religion down by doing these statements. Just to tell you Tamil Language is the eldest language in the world which is more than of 20000years which is from Hindu religion then it means that Bagavadgita is much more older than any other holy book in the world. And it doesn’t say thing about future but it says how a Human should leave his life as a Human.

No hard feelings just an humble don’t bring religous arguments which is separating the human creatures.

Thanks

Mahendra

2. simmie says:

Dear all

I believe a beautiful essence of all faiths is the requirement to respect everyone regardless of their religion.
      Even in Islam , from my understanding, respect for others of differing faiths is important – The prophets Uncle who was dearly loved by him, died without converting to Islam – God knows best.
      Let us celebrate all different faiths, be true to our own beliefs and refrain from saying things that could cause offence.

8. RAS says:

I am not god but I feel pain when I saw anyone in pain but if god is there why he does not feel pain come to help so every where the blood shed. so there is no god we all are god if we help a need person in his hour of need then we are god for him. So there is no god I repeat there is no god no god no god

9. vikash suthar says:

very nice story.. a true example of belief.

10. Sharafaldeene says:

Dear Mr. Coelho,
    I love reading your books and it is amazing what I can learn from you. When I read “the alchemist” it was like reading my own story, because I also had a dream that brought me to a foreign country where I found my treasure. Of all your books this is my favourite but from every book my knowledge is growing and so are my emotions. Thank you for sharing this with all of us, you are making a BIG gift for mankind!
    My adoration and greetings for you!!!

11. Sara says:

All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.

Read more: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_faith.html#ixzz1lqhFxBzx

12. Aashish says:

I believe that each one of us is God. We all seek it outside and forget to look deep within ourselves.
    Today’s world has twisted the arms of belief with superstition.
    Belief, faith are the greatest unseen forces beyond reason.
    This is the first time i’m reading this story, amazing.

Thank you for sharing it, Sir.

13. Akanksha says:

yah itz all depends on our beliefs… if we hv faith we cn gt anythng n he z alwz dere to show d right path it depends on us dat whethr we hv a belief or nt…

14. jitendra says:

wow;;
    truly amazing story..

15. Pamira says:

Only those who have eyes see,, only those who have ears, hear.

16. Amir Siavoshi says:

Hello my friend!
    I have searched day and night for people like me, who also know who they really are. Reading your intro on the blog made me certain of who you are and that we both share the same experience but in different ways. IF you ever read this then i would like to know, if you have enough spare time to share with me and if you know, if there are communities for people like us?!
    I wish you all the best and never forget what your senses are meant for!!!

1. indu says:

Namaste amir, since this is not facebook and i got this site by facebook link, i would like to put a like on your commnet, but i can’t so i am writing to you “like” right now. and my question is how do you know who you are, are you following the path that led you to find this out? i also feel i know my self to some large extent, but its only due to practicing the spiritual path that illuminated this discovery, please feel free to comment, and answer me what you think and feel. thank you. Indu.

17. nimisha says:

god never dissapoints…..humans do.why is believing in almighty called superstition??

18. Gurung Sajina says:

This is pretty suprising and I’m happy reading it here early in the morning. It’s indeed a good start. thank you x

19. Stuti Sharma says:

First of all, seeing this story on this blog… makes it evident that people seeking common things are indeed tied by a similar thread irrespective of the kind of lives, or countries they are living in….
    Krishna evokes overwhelming emotions not only in India but across the world… because of the’ connect’ that it has with our lives.. i.e. how to be detached whilst living with attachments… which is the ultimate thing.. Not only this, the daily message of focusing only on the spirit of action and not the outcome is a source of immense peace… Faith which is in stark contrast to this age of reason has immense power to heal our lives…

1. shalini malkani says:

Hi Stuti,

I loved your note on this blog.

Take care,

Shalini

2. Stuti Sharma says:

Thanks shalini! tc

20. Musa says:

When you have the faith of a child you will enter the kingdom of heaven.

21. aman singh says:

hi paulo
    i aman want to say taht i am frustrated too much in life and not getting success ……..i have read ur alchemist and please tell me that how to ask from heart that wat to do and how to do better and succeed in life

1. simmie says:

Dear Aman

I believe alot of the time we allow the stresses and distractions of the world around us to fog our minds and stop us from listening clearly to what we want in our life.
      It takes effort and courage, spend some time alone in a quiet environment and eventually once your mind stills, you will hear your heart speak.
      We can all loose our way, but a small journey and we will be on teh right track. Once you know what you wish in life then im sure that the rest of the wisdom will come to you too.
      good luck !

22. Bhavik Bamania says:

Dear Paulo, It’s truly inspirational and it also reflects the truth of the “Voice of the World” that is if you believe in magic, then it happens. Similarly, If you believe in god, and it’s existence. You’ll see that God will appear in front of you. However, only few of them will get to know that he has made his appearance.

23. muy linda la historia, la fe mueve montañas.

24. mozhgan says:

I love your stories very much,
    thanks,
    Mozhgan

25. lata sharma says:

Reminded me of my childhood. Heard this story many many years back.

26. Kanwarvir Singh Narwal says:

Great story sir ! Left me speechless… Belief conquers everything.

27. Manish says:

This is very timely. In Krishna we trust. We are passing through very tough time and we need His blessing to pass through this time. We pray to him so everything remains allright in my family. In Krishna, we trust.

28. Krishna says:

the story is true, but the song represents the story with god Rama :)

29. yogesh says:

another great example of pure thought.
    thank for sharing sir.

30. Amrita Chakraborty Das says:

Theists believe God is omnipresent n atheists believe there is no God. It is only believe that is the bridge between God n us.

31. Anna Wertenbroch says:

When I was a little girl my life was very hard and God came in my room like a big light and said to me don’t cry. I will take care of you. From that day forward God is the light of my life and the love of my life. You just have to belive in him because he will take away all your pain and suffering . Just keep praying and be patience for God he answers all prayer

32. Soumik C says:

Sir,

Frankly speaking m very much surprised. How do you know this story?? This is a type of folklore that my grand parent used to tell when I was a kid….(perhaps all kids of bengal hear it fron their grand parents during sleep at night) ….and in those wonderful days of childhood I used to believe that each of the words in the story is true (still blv on Krishna very much, but more polished way, with maturity, have lost innocence )

Sir do you know about Hinduism and Hindu philosophy and Hindu spiritualism?? Do you really know who is Krishna??What is his true nature?? His life and teachings in Vagbat gita?? I am very very curious. Looking forward to your kind reply

1. Krishna is the path to the divine nature of Mind.

2. Kavita says:

One of the paths!

33. Uma says:

love the story…

34. Ana Aguilar says:

The Magic is in believing without having to see. Not everything can be seen or touched… Best things in life are only felt <3
    Thanks for always provinding us with your words of wisdom!

35. Sylvia says: