The art of trying

Sometimes rules help us avoid the mistakes others have made before our time, but more often than not a rule will only make us repeat what someone else has already done.

Rest assured. Trust the universe, and look forward to surprising yourself. The apostle Paul said, “God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong.” The wise know some actions repeat themselves. They regularly encounter the same problems and situations they have dealt with before. Knowing that makes them sad. They start to think they’ll never be able to grow, since whatever they experienced before is happening again.

“I’ve already been through this,” they complain to their hearts.

“That may be true,” their hearts reply, “but you haven’t mastered it yet.”

The wise understand that repetition has a cause: to teach the lesson that still needs teaching. Repetitive situations require different solutions every time. The one who fails must not see this as a mistake, but rather as a step toward greater self knowledge.

It’s like Thomas Watson said, “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure.”

Comments

1. karina says:

Assim se aprofunda cada vez mais nos conhecimentos e experiências… É uma forma de se chegar a perfeicao ou quase!

2. Charles says:

Inspiring

3. Rupesh says:

Great wise words :) Yes, its very difficult to follow — “double your failure rate” , but one who keeps learning from every mistake, will surely reach excellence!

4. Geetanjali Gupta says:

you always inspire me , this was inspiring too and help me to decide whether m a looser or a winner . I have been Through the same situation twice in my life but both time i coped up differently . :)

5. Carla McIntire says:

I will write a extract of your book “The Alquemist”:
    The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times.
    I love you Paulo, thanks for guide us in the search of our purpose in this life, with ourselves and then with the world…..and….thank for exist!

6. Anum says:

this little story has really made my day paulo.. thank u so much…

7. Josh says:

God, A.A.,Coelho….those three things took me from nothing to something. I just recently opened a business and was terrified. Again, these three things saved me and enabled me to participate in the universal current.