10 Lessons from Einstein

1. Follow Your Curiosity “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.”

2. Perseverance is Priceless “It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.”

3. Focus on the Present “Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

4. The Imagination is Powerful “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions. Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

5. Make Mistakes “A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.”

6. Live in the Moment “I never think of the future – it comes soon enough.”

7. Create Value “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”

8. Don’t be repetitive “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

9. Knowledge Comes From Experience “Information is not knowledge. The only source of knowledge is experience.”

10. Learn the Rules and Then Play Better “You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”

Source: Dumb little man

Comments

1. Dr.M.Rizwan Ali says:

Simply Excellent Lessons! they are the raod for a golden life for anyone,thanks for sharing & reminding!

2. Nischal says:

Thanks for you.

3. sam says:

awesome 11

4. yogesh says:

just follow your dream so badly that people start saying you mad……

5. griffin cummings says:

Finding love. I think that is the most elusive treasure in your list of what you have received in order for you to accept death with open arms. I am still along that journey. I have wished for true love since I was in my youth watching falling stars and making wishes upon them. If I don’t find true love, I will have to accept death any way with or without open arms. And for me, I will be able to do that if I live my life for the benefit of others. That brings me happiness and I can’t have a pity party for myself knowing there are many people before and after me who never found love, but lived life with love for themselves, others, our beautiful planet and expanding universe. Thanks for the inspiration and candid insights. Have a great one, Peace!

6. vertaling says:

“It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” is the best ever!

7. malyn says:

omg… haha got a hearty laugh reading this blog… its what i done… grateful that my eccentricity had a good turn of outcome through God’s grace and by the people around me who’s love are unconditional.
    Thank you very much.

8. Theresa Goubran-Keshta says:

Albert Einstein has always inspired me, and my favourite quote of his is linked to Lesson 1 : “The important thing is not to stop questioning.” Once we have realised that no truth is absolute, then infinite possibilities are open to us.

Curiosity makes our minds active, and the more active they are, the stronger they become. It makes our minds open to new ideas, and many great ideas may be lost due to lack of curiosity. It enables us to see new worlds and possibilities which are normally not visible, and it takes a curious mind to look beneath the surface of normal life everyday life to discover these new worlds and possibilities. Finally, it brings excitement into our lives. Curious people are never bored, for there are always new things that attract their attention, so they lead adventurous lives with never a dull moment. I think it is important to give others the same freedom of thought as ourselves, and not try to influence them in any way. The same applies to all areas of life, including religion and politics.

Thank you, Paulo, and best wishes for a happy weekend to everyone !

9. TERESA says:

PAULO VOS SOS UN GENIO, NO PUEDE SER DE OTRO MODO, PUES TRAES GENIOS COMO ESTE-GRACIAS

10. Alonso says:

Necesitaba leer algo como esto. Muchas gracias.

11. Didi says:

Brilliant Lessons and from a genius!

12. Darren Scholes says:

Thank you Mr Coelho for sharing this with us. I am not a big reader of books but your book “The Alchemist” was the last book I read and I thank you for that as well. You are an inspiration.

13. An de An says:

Excellent Master Coelho, thank YOU! and valuable advices from Master Einstein….everybody looks to imagine, to understand, to improve their personality, their own walk…or their own run through the Life…
    I translated these into Romanian…indicating your incredible blog…many thanks for all your wise words to us!

“10 Lectii din partea lui Einstein… de Paulo Coelho, 16 Martie 2012″
    1. “Urmeaza-ti curiozitatea.” “Nu am un talent special. Sunt doar pasionat de curiozitate.”
    2. “Perseverenta este nepretuita“. “Nu este vorba ca sunt asa de intelligent; este doar ca ma aplec mai mult timp asupra problemelor.”
    3. “Focalizeaza-te pe prezent“. “Orice om care poate conduce in siguranta in timp ce saruta o fata draguta, pur si simplu nu da atentia cuvenita, sarutului, asa cum acesta o merita.”
    4. “Imaginatia inseamna Putere“. “Imaginatia este totul. Este uvertura, avanpremiera atractiilor vietii, care vor veni. Imaginatia este mult mai importanta decat cunoasterea.”
    5. “Poti face Greseli“. “O persoana care niciodata nu a facut o greseala, niciodata nu a incercat ceva nou.”
    6. “Traieste-ti Clipa”. “Eu nu ma gandesc niciodata la viitor – ca vine destul de repede.”
    7. “Creeaza Valoare“. “Straduieste-te nu sa fii un success, ci mai degraba o valoare.”
    8. “Nu te repeta“. “Nebunia: este sa faci acelasi lucru din nou si din nou si sa astepti rezultate diferite.”
    9. “Cunoasterea vine din experienta“. “Informatia nu inseamna cunoastere. Singura sursa de cunoastere este experienta.”
    10. “Invata Regulile Jocului si apoi ia si Joaca si mai Bine“. “Tu ai de invatat regulile jocului. Si apoi trebuie sa joci mai bine decat toti ceilalti.”

source: http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2012/03/16/10-lessons-from-einstein/

14. tugba says:

Thanks for reminding all those : )
    “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    I found that quote remarkable too.

15. oscar says:

La mente brillante de un gran pensado

16. abdelkarim el hosni says:

la vie est une ecole,chaque jour on apprend quelque chose de nouveau, mais les circonstances des gens sont differentes,mon enfant a 6 ans ,c est un geni , il fait des choses impressionantes ,je lui dis comment tu fais ces choses la ? il me repond ; je fais des essais.c,est une reponse d,un enfant de 6 ans , qui n,a pas encore connu le monde ,mais qui a une grande imagination, meme si ses connaissances sont limites.

17. sajjaad says:

I want to be Einstein-ic now. yeaaaaaaaah!

18. jackienoriega says:

me gustan todas las frases o consejos pero el que mas me impacta es aquel que dice esforzaos , no por ser un èxito sino mas bien por ser una persona de valor. Para mi esto es una belleza aprendamos a vivir y a ser ùtiles no solo para pensar en nosotros mismos , los valores son mas importantes en la vida y buenos consejeros para vivir en comuniòn con DIOS y con todos los que nos rodean.

19. Roxanna says:

this enlightens my heart!

20. Camila Piovani says:

Adorei! Era exatamente o que eu estava precisando! =)

21. Dalia says:

love it! Thank you!

22. Ольга says:

Я впервые попала на эту страницу.
    Разрешите мне быть ее читателем.
    Пауло, спасибо за ваш труд. Я люблю ваши книги. “Книга воина света” всегда лежит на моем рабочем столе.
    С уважением, Ольга.

23. Alexis Moody says:

Excellent blog. Reminds me of Patrick Bet-David. Have you read the book “25 Laws for Doing the Impossible”?

24. rafael says:

10 clichés sumados no hacen mas que 1.

25. Fabienne says:

Merci Paolo, subtile simplicité.

26. Carolina Paton says:

What a wise words. Perseverance, imagination and knowing that your future is the present. Thank you for sharing with us.

27. Amro says:

Thanks for you.

28. ruta says:

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid” ~ A Einstein

it’s so true!

29. Thank you Paulo,

“The whole world know’s & understands, yet quickly forgets Love through it’s endless demands”

Take care

30. eman says:

Thank you for simplicity ,clear and amazing asides.
    I love you and respect your journey in life…

31. reda says:

Albert Einstein is a rare man, like da vinci etc. His ideas were different because he thought different. Het is an exception .

32. Virya says:

This blog could use a bit of editing. For instance Lesson No.3 and Lesson No.6 rehash the same point. So, may I suggest:
    “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” –quote by Ernst Straus, in French, Einstein: A Centenary Volume, p. 32.

33. Teddyted says:

Stich in time saves nine,as we say!Work is not only the better way for living ,it is only a prayer!
    Thanks very much
    You incessaly take burning our candle!

34. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

Oui c’était un homme attachant et qui ouvrait des yeux tout grands sur le monde. Il nous aurait tellement manqué, s’il n’avait pas existé !!!
    Il avait dit aussi ” Il n’existe que deux choses infinies, l’univers et la bêtise humaine, mais pour l’univers, je n’ai pas de certitude absolue. ”
    Et puis plus poétique: ” Le Hasard c’est le déguisement que prend Dieu pour voyager incognito. ”
    Je vous souhaite un merveilleux week -end avec tous vos amis.
    M Christine G.
    Yes it was an engaging man who opened the eyes wide to the world. We would have missed so much, if he had not existed!
    He also said “There are only two things infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but for the universe, I do not have absolute certainty.”
    And more poetic: “Chance is the disguise that takes God to travel incognito.”
    I wish you a wonderful weekend with all your friends. M Christine G.

1. Heimo Kruschinski says:

Lesson 11: “If he had not existed, we would miss him.” This is generally not possible. Therefore, it is probably correct. I know the feeling, that I feel for many people. Vice versa for some others. Much love to you!

I wish you all a wonderful evening

2. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

C’est en rêvant à l’impossible, qu’un génie comme Einstein a découvert comment remettre en question les règles de la physique.
      Il a dit beaucoup de petites phrases qui nous éclairent encore aujourd’hui, comme celle donnée dans ce blog par We’re so inspired: “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”.
      Mais aussi: “Il est plus facile de briser un noyau atomique qu’un préjugé”.
      et encore: “N’essayez pas de devenir un homme qui a du succès, essayez de devenir un homme qui a de la valeur.”
      Si nous essayions de voir le monde avec un regard tel que le sien, sans nous arrêter aux dogmes établis, et avec une imagination sans borne, mise au service de l’intelligence, et du coeur, sans doute que ce monde serait moins malade.
      Les hommes comme lui sont rares dans l’histoire de l’humanité, ils ont éclairé avec leur intelligence et la profondeur de leur âme, le chemin des autres hommes. Essayons de suivre leur lanterne. M Ch G.

3. Heimo Kruschinski says:

Since you’re right. Or Einstein. Especially with the prejudices. An amusing cast, all kinds of judgments I’ve been thinking for years, from when a prejudice is a judgment. Is there a difference? A prejudice is made ​​too quickly. You will not get rid of, or very difficult. A judgment is made ​​slowly, you will not get rid of, or very difficult. So it is important to make slow prejudices. You have to stand on two legs. Firmly rooted, one must have a point of view. “The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius. Which they call their point of view.” And if many people have the same view? It’s called society. The Society then makes judgments. The world is round. There are a lot of lanterns needed. Much love to you.

I wish you all a wonderful

P.S: To Paulo. last night I read Veronica decides to die. A wonderful book. It touched me deeply. Thank you!

4. william kruhmin says:

ah, my friend,this is so pleasant.i must visit here more frequently.i feel i must find a book of ‘Einsteinisms’ now.i am haveing such a good laugh(and a ringing of the satori bell).thank u both for bringing that. ~ a smiling man ~~– :-))

35. Deepthi says:

good one’s !

36. Pure genius! Here are a few of my favorite Einstein quotes:
    “We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”
    “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”

37. Mumbua says:

Thanks Paulo :)

38. Darren Reynolds says:

Numbers 4 and 6 from Einsteins list appear to be mutually exclusive?

39. Cátia Critina says:

Criar Valor “Esforce-se para não ser um sucesso, mas sim para ser de valor.
    Forte esta frase.

40. karina says:

Nao tenho nenhum talento especial . Sou apaixonadamente curioso…
    O homem era um gênio e se achava normal. Isto que é ter inteligencia e humildade…
    Que ele seja exemplo para todos nós…

41. Jose Mas says:

Una magnifica lección de vida enérgica, espiritual y amorosa en tan solo 10 pasos… El hombre es la ciencia y la ciencia es dios.

42. efren says:

estupendo maestro , muy buenos puntos ,excelente blog como siempre

43. Gloria says:

Valuable information…thank you Paulo. I am just learning to live in the moment

44. Thabang Mafike says:

Everyone is a Genius! But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will live it’s whole life believeing it is stupid.

45. Adriana says:

Sempre Einstein! Simples e Profundo!

46. Vasumathi says:

Wonderful! :)

My favourite quote :

Lots of love and prayers,
    Vasu

47. Gowri says:

Superb..!!!!!

48. Jefferson Aleman says:

Si todos siguiéramos estas pautas todo sería ideal but a lot o’ people fails just from top. Rules? Dreams? Illusions? Hope? Perseverance? Son cosas que se están perdiendo en este mundo!

49. Janelle says:

Thank you for the motivation, I am printing this out and putting it on my desk at work. Albert E. was a genius, but makes simple since; I love it.