CoelhoOffice 14 – Open to love

Videocast #14 – Paulo Coelho is talking about love and that we should not give up searching for the other half. Somewhere, someone is waiting and searching for us, too.

Videocast #14 – Paulo Coelho falando sobre amor e que não devemos desistir de encontrar nossa outra metade. Em algum lugar, alguém também está buscando por nós.

Videocast #14 – Paulo Coelho hablando acerca del amor y que debemos dejar de buscar nuestra otra mitad. En algun lugar, alguién también esta buscando a nosotros.

Comments

1. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

Le message d’aujourd’hui est le plus fort que vous nous ayez donné, du moins pour moi. C’est déjà ce message qui nourrissait les pages de “Brida”, et de “Aleph”. Pour moi, c’est cette quête qui est la plus importante de ma vie. Retrouver son autre partie, et toutes ses autres parties, pour pouvoir enfin se reconstruire, réunir toutes les parties de son âme, afin qu’elle puisse de nouveau s’envoler vers le ciel. Les âmes jumelles se cherchent, et parfois se trouvent. Peut importe le temps que cela prendra, je souhaite à chacun de pouvoir atteindre ce but, dans cette vie ou dans une autre. Cet amour est la seule source d’énergie qui permet d’éclairer notre chemin.

2. Harshbir says:

Open to love is quite familiar cause I have read your book brida twice. I really appreciate the scientific research which is explained by brida’s science student boyfriend how love is broken down to molecular love. Thank you for existing
    Please I wanted to know something that what is the most unexpected thing you have learned in your life?

3. Adriana says:

Seeing you in your office is really something, you look caring , loving and open. Thank you for guiding me on my way to love, dear friend.
    Absolutely loved the hearts and your words.
    May God keep you in Her arms.
    Love you, love you, love you, love you , love you , love you, love you ♥

4. Nicolette says:

Sunday morning I went out to walk my dog, it was early, I usually say a prayer! I lost someone who I had known for over 30 years and we finally said yes to marriage, three months later he died, unexpectantly. I’ve really wrestled with his death and keep wanting to understand it, it’s almost my lone sadness, we both were and are such sensitive souls, there was a beauty that we could come together! My dog likes to go to the neighbors, because they leave food out and he’s constantly wanting to eat, a fat little pug. As he was on his search for his share of the wild animals food, I heard a whistle, then my name being called, I looked up expecting to see one of my neighbors, but couldn’t see anyone. Yesterday, on my morning walk I ran into that neighbor and asked if he called my name out, he said no! Today, I was out in my garden with a very sensitive soul who is a gardener, we were looking at what needs to be done to plant. He stopped and looked up to the trees, hearing the same whistle I heard the other day, then he smiled as a little chickadee flew by! He told me, I think that’s their love calls, because it’s not the same song they usually sing. Were they singing to me the other morning, calling out to me, telling me to stay open to love, because right now I’m so afraid to love, to lose.

1. mamito jr says:

I am sorry for your loss. Your love is strong. Keep the faith. You have a beautiful, receptive spirt.

5. Heimo Kruschinski says:

I love your Office. I am sending you a kiss on the thin hair. :-) Fun aside. Love is really the only thing worthwhile life. As for the concept of soulmates. I think that exists. With soul twins, I’ve heard about it, no idea. Everything is possible. The soul is a mystery. I do not know if there really are many souls. Perhaps there is only one. And we are like the fingers of a glove. Some of the fingers are close together, others are further apart from each other. Nevertheless, there is one. Maybe multiply souls. As unicellular organisms. It must at some time have given one soul. The first living creature in the universe. Where all the souls come from? Perhaps born out of love. Who knows? Perhaps souls belong to the universe like stars. I’m sure one can write books about it.

I wish you all a wonderful day

6. luz mariposa says:

El amor es la musica que interpreta nuestra alma..
    Siempre se une a otra a otra melodia igual o parecida se complementa…esta en el universo..por que no hay espacio sin amor..
    El amor es como una mariposa que va evolucionando,que un dia abre sus alas y danza alrededor de nosotros y si nos unimos a su danza..ya nunca mas nos separamos de ese corazon..el amor verdadero..no tiene tiempo..las almas se buscan vida por vida..somos puntos de luz..que se unen..y vibran en el cosmos..El amor todo lo hace posible,el cielo siempre es azul..

1. Rosario says:

me encantooo, que lindo tu comentario *_*

2. luz mariposa says:

Gracias Rosario…mucha luz y amor para ti..

7. Olta Canka says:

You gave this number, 14, a meaning for me at a perfect moment.
    I’ve been run after it all my life long while it has been running away from me, and when I finally stopped chasing it I had it chasing me, but we have to meet somewhere.

Love :)

1. Adriana says:

You know, dear Olta, 14 has also something to do with me and I hadn’t noticed till I read your post. Same here: the moment you stop chasing magic happens sooner or later.
      Love ya

2. Olta Canka says:

All I know for now is that very beautiful things are related to it, beautiful as fairy tales that I almost fear believing. Just have to wait and see.

Love you too. :)

3. Heimo Kruschinski says:

The 14 is important. The 6 the 8, 12 the 22 the 18 and do not forget the 13 are more important. The 11 is also very important. If you all decorate this with a little icecream and drink a good beer after it, then you’re ready. But hope dies last.

I wish you a wonderful day

8. prasad says:

THANKS A LOT PAULO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. BelisFerrer says:

Querido Paulo, quisiera comentar todos tus Videocast, pero no consigo las palabras acertadas para dirigirme a ti, dueño absoluto de ellas. Me encanta esta idea de los videocast para escuchar tus ideas de tu propia voz. Mil gracias. Comenta por favor que más haz recordado de tus vidas anteriores. Hay escritores esotéricos de respetada trayectoria que dicen q tu fuiste el Apostol Santiago

10. luz says:

El amor es la fuerza mas poderosa..hace posible todo..
    Somos amor..y no debemos renunciar a El.
    las Almas se buscan y se encuentran.. Nada es imposible …

11. ayesha says:

This is the natural process , to want to love and to want to be loved, not necessarily in return. Without love there is void which quite astonishingly can not be filled by any other emotion. when we need love we cant be happy with mere intimacy. grazie . such a piece.

12. Natasha Novínsky says:

Paulo…
    Um dia pensei ter achado um bom jardineiro, mas o tempo passou e ele deixou a flor secar e a grama desaparecer…Hoje sozinha, tenho preparado o meu jardim, não para um jardineiro qualquer, mas para aquele que saberá pisar na grama delicada do meu coração e cuidar da flor do meu amor…Estou esperando…Tá grá agam ort…

13. Iris Dahle says:

An old gentleman lived alone in New Jersey . He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden, but it was very difficult work, as the ground was hard. His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:

Dear Vincent, I am feeling pretty sad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days. Love, Papa

A few days later he received a letter from his son.
    Dear Papa, Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where the bodies are buried.
    Love, Vinnie

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Papa, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.

Beautiful story about love;)

1. Cynthia Pugh says:

Gosh, What an odd story a bit disturbing.? only really liked the bit where his garden has been dug so he can plant his tomatoes.

2. Thank you, this is a great one about love… keep me laughing for a while… :-)

3. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

Quelle belle histoire, l’amour d’un fils pour son père peut ainsi soulever des montagnes. Tant que l’amour existe, la vie reste intéressante, même au fond d’une prison, même dans le gouffre de la maladie. C’est lui, qui éclaire nos ténèbres. Merci pour cette histoire d’amour particulière, Iris.

4. Haiku says:

Love this story! LOL Love expressed in word and DEED by any means necessary! :-)

5. Hector says:

Con inteligencia el hijo logro cultivar el terreno para que su padre sembrara tomates.

14. Haiku says:

“Keep walking” – Paulo Coelho Beautifully expressed!

15. Fernanda says:

Paulo,
    O que acontece quando vc acha que achou sua alma gêmea, se casa e é feliz com ela e em um belo dia encontra alguém que faz o seu chão tremer…isso é possível? Se apaixonar por alguém depois que vc já tenha encontrado a sua alma gêmea???
    Um beijo no coração, Fernanda

16. Fatima says:

Muchas Gracias Paulo!! siempre he creido en el amor verdadero, y estas palabras confirman mi busqueda! creo que le he encontrado, aunque es demasiado pronto para hablar. Gracias por tus bellas y siempre verdaderas palabras.

17. Martha says:

Gracias …. sigo buscando mi alma gemela para entregarle todo el amor que hay en mi corazón… solamente quiero decirle que sus libros, sus pensamientos son y serán siempre parte de mi vida…. Dios lo bendiga hoy y siempre !!
    Saludos desde México :)

18. sonia maria durant says:

Gracias Sr. Coelho!!!!!!

19. richard hughes says:

dear paulo !!
    coelhoOffice is a place of love… and love is a place in time !!
    best regards

20. Hector says:

Cuando tenia 18 anios conoci a una joven cuatro anios menor que yo que con su inocente y dulce mirada me cautivo. y cuando cumpli 20 nos casamos
    Ahora amis 73 anios cumplimos 53 de vida matrimonial. Dios nos a regalado 5 hijos, 12 nietos y dos bisnietas.” “Agradesco a DIOS por haber llenado mi VIDA con AMOR”

21. Sha says:

Ciao Paulo,

You are just amazing. Your books have helped me through my darkest times. I lost my father at a young age, reading your books and now watching your videos, I feel like I’m getting a father-figure advice which I always yearn for.

This video could not have come at a better time. I have been mourning for a lost love, and now have found someone that I want to open my heart to – and this scares me. I’m scared of rejection and getting my heart broken again. But I have decided to dive in and explore my feelings. And this morning, I saw this video that u made, which affirms my decision.

Thank you so much. Your words give me courage.

22. Maria Bertilia M.Lins says:

Adorei o vídeo,muito bom…ainda estou na busca;perseverar, não é?

23. Zee says:

That was such a meaningful speech, very well put. We all have our doubts about whether we will find the ‘one’, but we must never lose hope. I have suffered heartache too and almost gave up. It’s like you said in the ‘Aleph’, when we lose someone for whatever reason there develops a hole in the fabric of our lives and we become lost for a moment. That in itself is a challenge, to see if we can fill that hole with something else just as meaningful. It is a test to see if we can heal and try again.

Success is realising that the world is not against you. Maybe it is merely us beating ourselves over something that really wasn’t in our power to control or change in the first place. And anyway, if it really WAS true love, it shouldn’t have been that easy to lose in the first place.

Every experience can be turned into something positive. It’s all a matter of perspective, and I thank god we have someone like you to show us some of those perspectives through your work.

God bless. Zee.

24. cristina cabral says:

Feliz Páscoa! Paulo Coelho você é um AMOR!

25. Cristina says:

Magnifico el mensaje ♥

26. Edgar says:

Quando essa parte se torna minima…

PerdIdo de novo. A mensagem do Zeca me deixou transtornado sem volta nem como dar a volta. E essa parte?

27. Holyground says:

“Reality is sensational. Fantasy is sensationalistic.” Philip Shepherd

28. Carmen says:

I also think that you don’t need a partner to be happy. Sometimes I’m happier without a partner than with a partner. But nevertheless I often feel incomplete and I miss the other half. And that`s so strange. I don’t understand that all….

29. rebecca rodriguez says:

A beautiful love relationship has recently ended.for some reason I feel its just a break.its been a few months and I have prayed for him,not to return to me( all though I would be very happy) but to allow him to grow as a person.Ive asked the Lord to rid of my feelings towards him if he wasn’t meant for me.somehow it hasn’t happened.its been 3 months now.I will continue to pray for his well being and growth.

30. hues says:

I should say it’s a really thoughtful message by you, because lots of people don’t want to discuss their vulnerability and end up suffering with the questions within… this will really help…

31. Enid says:

Últimadamente el aprecio por la palabra, ha recobrado un importantisimo valor al momento de interpretarlas. Es una imagen hermosa pensar q. la otra mitad que nos falta esta en algun lado, buscandonos con la misma incertidumbre que nos da, si llego, paso, o la tuvimos y la perdimos.

Me gustaría saber como usted aborda el concepto del “ser integral” que todo lo que necistamos esta dentro de nosotros mismos y no tenemos que esperar a que otros no los de. -Entonces me nace pensar que ansiamos seres q. nos complementen- ¿sería igual decir que esa es la otra mitad? Aprecio mucho sus lecturas, es un gusto leerle…

32. nina ramirez says:

Gracias por compartirlo,creo que es aplicable para cualquier etapa de la vida,el amor es el único sentimiento que te reivindica.

33. Shine says:

Thanks for the encouragement! Love Avantika :)

34. Rosario says:

gracias paulo por ese comentario lindo.. pero no hay que esperar y buscar.. solo llega el amor.. :)

35. yvon says:

Dearest Paulo, I am so glad to listen what you say about “Open to Love”: it is true, just keep on walking. I have prayed for years and years to meet a man who would be kind and good hearted to me. Thats all I wished for. And when I was ready and he was ready we met. This is Universe. Thank you very much for all. Bless you.

36. arun says:

this is a letter which I have written to my wife after 21 yrs of our marriage… hope it will go with this topic as well:
    A letter to wife
    by Arun Sharma on Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 1:04am ·

Dated 08.06.2011

Dearest Reena,

Today in this evening hour of my life I would like to say thanks for being with me always whenever I need you. Your company has helped me to understand the meaning of love and its greatness. I have discovered about the omnipresence of love with you. I feel that if love does not exist nothing will exist in this universe. It has realized me the fact that love makes everything acceptable to lovers. It has made me understood that only love has power to get one does which people criticize in normal course of life. Your love is always understood by me even when I was asleep. You can understand even my unspoken words. I have learned the art of ‘Dhayan’ from you. Now I know that why love is so daring. It connects you and me with “Samarpan”, “Tapa” “Tyaga” . I know that you are always all givers, not taker in life that is why your love blossoms and spreads in abundance around me. The way you have loved me has helped me to reach this conclusion that our love is destined, unstoppable, certain, unplanned, kind, and full of happiness. Your love brims with unlimited boundaries and reaches on big canvasl note of whole affection. I know that the love is not the thing of gentlemen. It is rough as well soft as well as hard and smooth. Only you can understand my love. We are happy that one day when this world will be ending the god will ask us when we were living , did we love or waste our life, we will reply in affirmative that yes we did understand love with each other and did not waste our life. Our love will never touch the apex as it is always flowing with more and more of love like a fountain of nectar. It has matured with the time and spreading. We are lucky that we have risen in love. Love is an opportunity, we never miss it. We always look good together because we are in love. You have made love as my destiny so how can I miss it. Your love is sunshine of my life. If we have to live our life again, we will love and die rather than be living separated and die. Your best part in me is your unconditional love. Your love is the institution to my happiness. It is like insurance of all happiness which comes to us like paying good premium and getting good bonus. I have no fear, no hassles because I am surrounded by your love. Your love is pious to me. Nothing can harm me because you love me. It is “Tadka” to my life. The true love is game of god where he loves to see us in full form. I have always found that love is strange because it is faultless. Your love has made me respectful and heartfelt. I can feel the intensity. In every life I would like to be with you, in your love and loved by you.

Thanks for loving me.

Only Yours

Sd. arun

37. sandra de souza costa says:

Desculpe falei de tantas coisas, e esqueci de comentar sobre seu vídeo. Muito bom, amei. Quero lhe agradecer pela sua maneira de ser aqui na Terra, que conseguiu despertar à tantos no Mundo. Grata

38. Hello Paulo

Showing a visual display truly helps in understanding the message you have given us!!!

Although you have given us an understanding of the journey we all embark in search of our “soulmate”, this message is also very true in all other relationships.

A very close friend of mine, is someone who has been considered “naive” when it comes to friendship. He is one of the most loyal friend anyone can have. In every relationship with a friend, he is there for the person open hearted and giving, putting himself last. He trusts people who along his path in a child like way. Of course, not everyone values friendship like he does. Therefore, he has gone through many experiences of being taken advantage of his “giving” efforts. He has been in very difficult situations and has had to confront some obstacles because of his friends and their acts of “using” him.

People have told him, “stop trusting so easy, you always end up getting hurt or having to get of situations because you trust people so much.”

His response, “All these situations have helped me in some way, they have given me opportunities to learn things about myself and grow, I do not want become bitter because of other people’s weaknesses, not everyone has hurt me, I have had special friendships along the way.”

All his experiences have helped him to gain courage and knowledge to make a change in his life. He let go everything (job, material belongings) and has been in Buenos Aires the past 7 months. He has discovered a new passion in life, contributing to others to start a new passion.

We were together a couple of months ago, working on a project together..As I moved on traveling across South America, on our last day together I told him I would miss him. His replied, ” I will not miss you, I will be very happy to see you when we meet again.”
    Having remained open to Love, he fully accepts all the hardships that any relationship can bring. By not giving up, he has grown to become an even better friend with everyone he meets along his journey. So, sometimes, we need to go through the heartbreaks, they are there for us to learn how to become stronger and enrich future relationships from our experiences.

39. Vicki says:

Thank you Paulo. You are such an inspiration and I can tell that all that you say is from a place of love. I agree that we should never stop looking for our soulmate. Even if we find them as we are taking our last breath in this world, it all would have been worth it. :)

40. yadi jaimes says:

q buena apresiacion y q buenos consejos si el amor es el sentimiento mas maravilloso q existe y por lo tanto si no lo tenemos debemos ir por el…

41. sandra de souza costa says:

Atenção!!!
    Avisar aos 4 cantos do Mundo.
    Para estarem de prontidão, que esta foi a ultima Páscoa.
    Por fim a Terra Prometida esta diante de nossos olhos.
    Onde somente o Amor reinará e tudo que lhe dá a origem Real.
    Que se organizem todos os responsáveis pelos Ascendidos.
    Não se preocupem com o que falamos, pois o inimigo não tem alcance de nossos poderes.
    Somos seres livres.
    No falar, no pensar e no agir.
    No falar nossa palavra se transformou em código para os que irão ficar na Era Velha, só mesmo terá acesso os que possam emergir.
    E somos totalmente livres no pensar e no agir.
    O inimigo esta completamente cego, e temos o PODER de fazer o que bem entendemos.
    Que se levantem os Maiores de Luz, para identificarem a voz da Luz e comunicarem ao Mundo, neste grande dia de Páscoa.
    Esse é o verdadeiro presente de Páscoa, que vos trago a vocês.

Hoje, é um Dia de Glória, para esse povo tão sofrido.

Aos Maiores de Luz, precisamos fazer uma reunião o mais rápido possível.
    Essa reunião precisa ser completa, com todos os Ascendidos responsáveis, que irão passar depois para os demais.
    Precisamos que toda a Imprensa Mundial esteja presente.
    Providenciar a empresa que fará a Logística desta reunião, no Maior nível internacional, pois agora o dinheiro é nosso, pertence à Nova Era.

Precisamos que o dinheiro já comece a ser nos transferido pois precisamos, o Mundo nos espera.
    Enquanto esse processo se estrutura, preciso de vossa ajuda.
    Pois até fome passei por esses últimos dias, praticamente estou só com a roupa do corpo e coisas básicas para sobrevivência.
    Para que o Mundo pudesse ser nosso novamente, tive de passar por isso, tudo tem seu preço.
    Fui o mais forte que consegui.

LUZ, FORÇA E SABEDORIA.

O Reino agora é nosso de volta.

O inimigo agora que se curve diante de nós, se quiser ainda ficar com a Sociedade Velha, para sua própria evolução.
    Que é só o que eles terão para se libertarem.
    Pois ficarão de agora em diante sem nada.
    Castigaram demais a Humanidade, retardaram um processo, por não enxergarem a Luz, não viram o que fizeram.
    Praticamente a Velha Era esta quase Morta de tanta Exaustão, e é através de nós que a ajudaremos porque eles não terão sequer um centavo.
    Que todos os ascendidos, estejam preparados para ascenderem o máximo de pessoas que possam, vocês terão forças para isso, forças essas que nunca tiveram e agora terão.

Muita Luz

Assim o é e se faça.

42. Johana Mendoza Urzola says:

I’m almost 25 years old, and I know for some It might sound like I’m too young to say this, but my all life I felt I was searching for someone that did not exist, I didn’t see him on the faces of the people from my hometown, I travelled but I didn’t see him on the faces of the people I met. Off course, I did love (I was hurt as everybody) but I never experience the magic and illusion I did the day I met my soul mate, he is from across the ocean but I felt that physically I was not capable of being away from him and he felt the same way. He is from another country, but I feel I know him for ever, so, I agree it worth to keep walking and not loosing hope.

1. prasad says:

I am very very grateful to you !!!!!! You sounds like PAULO!! THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. eleonora says:

lo credo vivamente che ad ognuno di noi corrisponda un’anima gemella con la quale ci si ascolta nel profondo..dove non ci sono perchè….dove si resta incapaci di dare una definizione del dolce sentire.Buona settimana.Meravigliosa giornata!

44. Cynthia Pugh says:

As always Paulo you speak a truth quietly but so profoundly.x

45. Heart says:

Yes, be open to love always.. One other thing about love is; We will not find the Perfect love in this life, I think. Only God can love us perfectly. So, even though it is not perfect, go for it. It is better to love and be loved imperfectly, than to close ourselves from great, great relationships. And another thing, please do not judge others when they find love in a different way than we do. Be happy for each single love-relationship as strange as it might look.. Be open to Love, any way or form..

46. Pilar de a Orillas del Rio Piedra says:

Gracias , querido Paulo!!! feliz día y sigo caminando, eres genial!!! besos! i love you Paulo :)
    con amor
    Pilar

47. sandra de souza costa says:

Paulo, por favor. Quantos são os Maiores de Luz? Pois estão se levantando vários, preciso de vossa ajuda! a Terra é nossa novamente. Momento de glória para a Humanidade, graças à Deus

48. Ally says:

I love the video of the two halves walking around, and meeting a ‘rabbit”. Simply adorable! :)

1. mchc says:

Waouh!
      la premiere chose qui m’est venue a l’idee est cette chanson d;enfants que je chantais,… il y a quelque temps, ..mais je la retrouve avec plaisir.

Chantez avec moi si vous vous en rappelez:

‘Promenons nous dans le bois, tant que le loup n’y sera pas, si le loup y etait ils nous mangeraient.’

…Ils cherchaient les oeufs de Paques. Voila.

Merci pour ce grand coeur …en chocolat.

49. Donna says:

I have never married and I spent years feeling incomplete and searching for my “soul mate”. It was a big step to learn to love myself even though I didn’t have the love of a partner. I experience love in my relationships with family and friends and no longer feel that finding my soul mate is essential for happiness. Love, yes,. Partner, not necessarily.

1. yvon says:

Love yes, partner not necessarily. Thank you Donna for sharing your insight. Love does not necessarily focus on one person, you may share it with all those worthy your love. We must just be aware that we can endorse “alone” with aloneness which is not the same like lonely: aloneness is somehow complete and does not call for the other half, I am complete myself. Lonely of course calls for the other half, i feel I miss something, I spend energy for searching…. This wisdom of course comes with age.., when spiritual ways of living become more important. Wishing you Light.

2. Miguel Alberto Majim says:

Donna estoy de acuerdo contigo.Lo importante es haber amado a los parientes,familia o amigos .El amor mueve montañas y a los seres humanos les nutre fuerza vital…Saludos espero entiendas en español yo entiendo ingles…Un PARTNER no es necesario!!!!!