A warrior of light is never predictable

Warriors of light are never predictable.

They might dance down the street on their way to work, gaze into the eyes of a complete stranger and speak of love at first sight, or else defend an apparently absurd idea.

Warriors of light allow themselves days like these. They are not afraid to weep over ancient sorrows or to feel joy at new discoveries.

When they believe that the moment has arrived, they drop everything and go off on some long-dreamed-of adventure.
When they realize that they can do no more, they never blame themselves for having committed a few unexpected acts of folly. Warriors do not spend a single days trying to play the role that others have chosen for them.

They talk out loud to themselves. Someone told them that this is the best way of communicating with the angels, and so they take a chance and try to make contact.

They say things which they do not agree, they talk utter nonsense.
One day, they notice a change in their voice.
They are acting as a channel for some higher wisdom.

The warriors may look mad, but this is just a disguise.

from “The manual of the warrior of light”
E-book edition for 0,99 USD (USA & Canada) > Kindle +Nook +iBookstore

Comments

1. Mung Daal says:

it is the only way to be true to oneself

and the way to thank God by appreciating who you are

just the way He made you

2. Bobby Engelund says:

Yes, yes, yes!!!
    I knew it. I allways known it.
    Thats why I loved my “personalities”
    Today I can say. Wake up body, its time to play.

3. sido66 says:

PAULO

le plus difficile lorsque l’on vit du ciel ET de la terre , c’est de pouvoir trouver le juste milieu pour “allier” les 2 …/……et soudain il s’installe sur le seul endroit qui allie ces 2 mondes = la pierre angulaire ; et là lui est révélé Le grand mystère et son devoir de Serviteur ……./….(à suivre )
    (Et alors son Père trace devant ses yeux d’enfant de Dieu le chemin de Vie qu’il doit suivre jour après jour , et lui montre et/ou lui envoie les “frères” qui doivent être à ses côtés …car un chemin en Dieu est un chemin GUIDé ET protégé , entre le naturel et le surnaturel , la Vie de son chemin est éclairée et la MERVEILLE s’accomplit ….)
    confiance et foi , servir et renoncer pour grandir , être pour devenir …
    sur le sable du temps il comprend la communion des saints ET le corps merveilleux de Jésus sur terre….
    il n’oublie pas son passage à St Martin et n’oublie pas le mot laissé il y a 1 an …un jour , mais pas aujourd’hui, je reviendrai vous chercher et partager ; car aujourd’hui est juste le temps de savoir : c’est donc juste l’objet des mots laissés sur un papier griffonné et déposé dans la boîte aux lettres devant le portail aux 2 initiales , car les desseins de Dieu sont impénétrables , et la tendresse de Marie infinie , et les anges ô humbles et doux serviteurs ….

Sido obsecundator (omino addictus) est en soi l’intimité de Dieu

4. Caroline de Lourdes says:

Yes, never be predictable. Everyone creates their surroundings with their feelings, and only happy people can change the world.

5. Lokesh Mogra says:

Oh gosh, this is unbelievable. I have been trying to discover myself since so long. getting threads every now and then. But this is the best with which i cud explain myself so far. Paulo … thanks for the post … i m grateful for it.
    More than this, i am so very happy to see that there are too many more such people thinking and living the way i do. Now, i will not feel alone, when being called absurd at times. Wooofffff :)

6. Mari Ann says:

And then I found my sword? :-)

7. AK says:

This blog is amazing! I can see myself in this.

8. Hello Everyone!

I read this story and also know that being unpredictable and singing with angels is not easy for most to live with (although deemed ‘cute’ and ‘imaginative’ by perhaps a few adults, when one is a little child).

Celebrating Today, remembering to be thankful for the angels and those who put up with me and have stood by. Life is so full of magic and surprises too!!! Also wanting to thank you Paulo, for this Blog and new friendships. How rewarding fellowship is!!!

I cannot take blessings and gifts for granted (although, can choose not to use them).

Dear Paulo I have finished reading your biography and really enjoyed. After giving away almost every book, this one I will keep.
    Dear Shilpa…your comment made me think of the book ‘Illusions’ by Richard Bach (just finished reading ‘One’)

Love to All, Jane : ) xo

9. Nanci says:

“On some nights, he has nowhere to sleep, on others, he suffers from insomnia. ‘That’s just how it is,’ thinks the warrior. ‘I was the one who chose to walk this path.’ In these words lies all his power: he chose the path along which he is walking and so has no complaints.”

Powerful message. Once the choice is made, and it becomes my choice, there is no need for complaints or blame, even about myself. Having choices and making choices for myself is powerful and, when I stop to think about it, making a choice can also be a priviledge.

I’ve been feeling very stressed out lately with work and have been having trouble staying asleep. I wake up in the wee hours of the morning, day after day, and I know I’ve been blaming it on the stress. Today I can say that this is how it is because I chose this path. I don’t know if it will help me sleep any better but it does make perfect sense that I chose the job and all the work and stress related to it…maybe I can choose to leave the stress out of it and continue to do the best I can, the best that I have always done. I wonder if that would be enough.

Here’s hoping we all have a good night’s sleep and wake up refreshed and relaxed.

10. This reminds me of an astounding quote from the essay “Self Reliance” by Ralph Waldo Emerson. (I’d love a delightful soul to translate this into Portuguese??)

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do. He may as well concern himself with his shadow on the wall. Speak what you think now in hard words, and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it contradict every thing you said to-day.”

11. Abid says:

Paulo, why do you always teach selfishness?

12. gabriela de Argentina says:

Impredecible!!!!!!!!

13. Carmen Maria says:

Thanks you. A much needed words of encouragement when a warrior lost their way.

14. chellzki says:

i see myself in it,this is just really me.Thanks for making me realize i am normal.
    love you Paulo, thanks for reminding me, what a good advice you share to us.keep it up,May Godbless you more gift of wisdom.

15. Osman says:

Thaks for this words of wisdom, im impress, how can you do this??Thanks for remember me what need to do for be happy :-)

16. Slavochaos says:

I’m from those that has been left behind
    a warrior of light walking trough the darkness
    a last of the angels that purifying worlds
    i will arise every time before the weaknesses of your mind
    and trough the earth fire wind and water i will crash your sins.

17. “I was the one who chose to walk this path.”

Being Warriors, we have all chosen to walk this path. I think that a person’s ability to choose is a privilege and a responsibility. If we follow this path, we will become our REAL selves. To do this, we must experiment and take risks! Anyone who is experimenting and taking risks is often unpredictable and uncertain, but this leads to self-discovery and personal freedom. At this difficult time, I think we should try to associate ourselves with people that support our chosen path. This will encourage us to stay focused on our dreams. Sometimes, our choices end in success, then we can celebrate and move on, but at other times, our choices end in tears and disappointment. But this doesn’t matter because we have become better people in the process. The essential is, that we remain true to ourselves!

I agree with Buddha when he says: “You cannot travel the path, until you have become the path itself.”

I am so happy to have found the path. The path of the WARRIOR of LIGHT!

1. Arto Hutto says:

Peace is every step
      Thich Nhat Hanh

18. lizzie says:

Great, Paulo! I think I can relate to this warrior…

19. this is my first time commenting on your site.
    I think the real essence of someone is, on trying to know who you are and once you decide that ..you will be able to choose your path and what you want to do with ur life.
    this is just amazing it made my day ! c:

20. ahlam says:

great words .

21. Mari Ann says:

And this too was written about me? It must have been! :-) Or I am a natural WOL. The love-thing was for real though. But I’m back to normal, and completely independent emotionally. If I go into a relationship again, it is going to be healthy. Lots of love and mutual respect. :-)

22. Rosemary says:

The greastest lesson I have learned from path is you must root out all of the negativity and negative messages that have plagued your heart in order for the warrior to be born. Just like flowers can not survive in a weed-ridden bed, nor can our dreams or the individuals we are meant to be. Some weeds are easy to pull out, we just yank it out roots and all, and it ceases to grow ever again. Sometimes we pull and only get the green part, thinking the weed will never come back, but ultimately it does, and it strangles all of the flowers God has been trying to plant in your heart. Then you realize that you must dig and dig and dig in order to pull out the roots that fed those nasty weeds in your heart. Once that happens, you’ll almost feel like there are tiny holes in your heart…don’t fret, nothing’s wrong, just plant or replant those dreams you always wanted to realize. And God will water them with his love and care.

Peace.

1. Gaurry says:

Very nice opinion!

23. Rosemary says:

When the world and the “mainstream” work against you, make like a madman and do the impossible :)

many blessings Jessica!!

24. Monica says:

now it all makes sense…..I am indeed an “Imagineer” (someone at work used this as a joke or insult or something else) but I took it as a positive remark as I indeed loved to imagine as a child…I am awakening the Imagineer in me again!!!!! what a wonderful feeling!!!!! I will dance in the rain and splash in the puddles of water down the street and invite my children to join me in this odysey as I did while I was a child…..

1. heheheheh LOVELY LOVELY… I really love what you wrote, my dear! Heres’s a song .. which goes perfectly with what you said…. (A very good friend of mine, RON… sent it to me when it seemed that I was washed away by troubles water…. Anyway.. it’s all gone now… and all I see is peace and serenity…. a cam calm ocean… light blue… waiting for me… to tell him all my dreams… as I did when I was just a little child…. It may be that love found me once again? :-) or I did find it and I just can’t let go?… ) Here’s the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME “I’m Singing in the rain”, Gene Kelly
      I had a lovely friendship which I will always carry on my heart with RON and I know that what I became today … somehow I owe him… and of course , I owe to PAOLO Coelho too… for the wisdom I received from all that he wrote…. I am touched and I bend my knees saying a prayer…”THANK YOU…” God Bless you ALL, my FRIENDS… xx Gabriela Romaria

2. Monica says:

Dear Gabriela,

Thanks for taking the time to post this link, it was very nice to watch during lunch and may God bless you too..may your dreams become a reality…may you find comfort during troubling times….

Love

Monica

3. Sheela Nandini says:

Thank you Monica , Gabriela Romaria!
      Loved your comments and enjoyed the song so much:)

Hugs
      sheela

25. Gracias Paulo por estas palabras y por hacernos vivir a veces como el guerrero.
    Un beso.

26. elaine says:

This post is something that we should keep at an easy reach to pull out and read when the Universe tests us. Before reading this a while back, I knew that I was different and traversed my own path; however, when things didn’t go my way or were a bit on the rough side, I would, blame, and curse. Now, after reading your books and entries, I am so happy to be the different one who sees with the aide of God’s/Goddess’ light and their angles promptings. Life, now, is never boring and always filled with love.

Laonee

1. Here’s to being different!!! We are blinded by our own uniqueness because it seems normal to us. I wrote on my twitter
      profile.

“It took me 35 years to realize (and appreciate) that not everyone has original melodies running through their head.”

What do you not realize about yourself?

27. Ala says:

Our souls as human beings R connected & so R our lives whether we realize it or not… I honestly believe that on some level, this book, Warrior Of The Light, was written 4 me… Me :)

28. This sentence makes all the difference in life: ‘he chose the path along which he is walking and so has no complaints.’

I love this, it’s so wonderful! The Warrior of Light is also a little crazy at times. How can he/she not be? it’s a part of life, it’s useless and harmful to deny it. Just as the day, everyday turns into night, being here and being alive, we also hold this cycle within our beings…

Thank you Paulo!!
    With love, kisses and light!
    C.

29. OMG…. ciertamente soy impredecible hasta para mi misma…

La entrevista esta buenisima

1. Thank you for sharing the link Cristina!

You look Wonderful Paulo! You are so very Handsome!
      Love,
      C.

30. Suki says:

Thank you so much for writing this. I see myself in it and this means so mcuh to me. At least there is one person who truly understands me in what I think and how I feel. Thank you.

31. NOEL TORRES says:

I think everybody is a warrior,at least have it in their souls.The thing is you have the courage to let him out.The coward is just that one that don’t belive in himself.THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH GREAT WARRIOR.

1. Jojo says:

I think the same, that we are all Spirits, all created at the image of the Creator. As for “cowardise” being an obstacle to one to be who he is, I think there is more than that, like an overdose of massive manipulation, lies and control by many means. I see myself as the Warrior of Light that helps my brother and sister through that cloud. I am thinking here of the example of the glass of water and tablespoon of sand given by one of our friends. For them, it is like when we mix the sand and the water, the visibility is difficult, but then the sand falls at the bottom and one can see clearer. Jesus, a messenger of the Light, came so that those who could not see could see and those who could not hear would hear, those who could not walk would walk, those who “sin” to be forgiven and go on without doing the same, etc … I feel blessed to have been given awareness and feel so sad when I see one blind, hearless, unable to walk it’s real path, those who are scared to be a companion and give the boost of energy. And that for me is my place to be, with those ones.

Love, Jojo.

32. Montega says:

i was a good girl, i thought because i had put on my boots and walked all the way down town through the snow and over the slipperyslidy streets. In Witte de Withstreet i went up to the art center to see a show on morals. A student came up and asked if i wanted to join a project. A little microfone with a camera was hung around my neck and i was told to comment on what i saw and what it made me think of.
    Now i don’t know about you, but i am always a little anxious to talk aloud in a museum or a gallery. Most people are like that, we mutter hardly audible remarks and one can never really make out what the others are saying.
    Now i agreed not to do that.
    i agreed to comment openheartedly and talk about what touches me and what not – and why!
    Now you have to know that i am an art historian actually and know perfectly well how to make sensible comments on art. Very politically correct i can be indeed, plus throw in some smart remarks and a few punchlines too, if required.
    But!
    But it is also the first week of January and New Years resolutions are fresh and vivid, and my New Years resolution is Not To Hide! – if possible.
    Show who i am!
    ‘Right,’ i thought, ‘here goes’.
    The first hall had half a Laocoon in it. The Greek statue of a father and his two son’s dying in the firm grip of a sea-snake on a beach. This one had only the wretched bodies, but not the snake. What is suffocating them? i wondered, walking around it. ‘What’s eating you?’ i asked them loudly but since it was the first time i spoke in the little mic i didn’t quite dare to comment on what really went on in my head, for i am suffocated too by invisible sea-snakes, as we all are probably, by our own mental sea-snakes. The lover gone, the job sucking, the wondering what-the-hack-am-i-doing-with-my-life nonsense…. i wandered on and got aquainted to hearing my voice remarking, talking, asociating, – out of control for nobody listened, nobody was there – never is an art show more deserted than during a snow storm.
    And as i wondered on i suddenly realized i was having fun. This is fun! i watched a movie about a huge dilapidated concrete housing complex in Italy, and photo’s in which everything moved except the main caracter: a dark man staring back at me, a woman with tight eyes, staring at me – sexless lonely pictures. But my asociations weren’t tight and lonely, they were vibrant and connected, they were fun and games, and somehow i felt the weariness of the last weeks leave me. The ape that had been sitting on my shoulder stopped knawing at my neck. Finally it left and i could walk with ease again, with a smile on my lips.
    It’s unexpected little things, that can turn out so incredably fine! Just like you say.

1. Ilva Asote says:

Dear Montega,

Great New Years resolutions! Glad to know that you are an art historian. So, I would like to choose this opportunity and to ask for your opinion on Tiziano Vecelli’s interpretation of Laocoon group – I do find it as quite unusual! Was Titian simply an ‘unpredictable’ painter or…? What do art historians think on this? Unfortunately, all the information I could find in different sources is very mean…

Thanks you in advance!

Kinds regards,
      Ilva

2. Montega says:

Good morning Ilva,

it’s nice to be asked for an opinion, thank you.

One of my favorite sculptures in Rotterdam in by Wessel Couzijn. It belongs to Unilever and stands right in front of their entrance. When Couzijn made it it was on show in the Venice Biennale as the manipulator. Such a name wasn’t acceptable for a respectable multinational so they renamed it into united entity.

Something about it had always felt familiar and one night when i was just chatting away on something else entirely i got it: it is a representation of the Lacoon! In crushed iron, but still the Laocoon. To make a long story short. It can’t be proven. Couzijn is dead and there is no source material, only circumstantial evidence.
      Yet the meaning of the sculpture enhances, becomes more intense. Couzijn reflects on the devastation and suffering during World War, this and the story about Laocoon make a sculpture that seems uncomprehensible at first sight suddenly ultimately understandable and touching.

i write this to point out that what you see is in the eye of the beholder.
      We will never know what Tizian thought when he drew the apes. We do know what people of his time thought, they put it in a political context. Later generations reflected their own context and came up with new interpretations.
      The beauty about art is that you are never wrong in what you see because it is your mind reflecting on it.
      Art historians tend to be on the sour side of life and it is hard at times to recognise a love for art in what they write, – thats our problem, and not yours.
      As long as Tiziano makes you laugh, reflect and feel something at all you’re way ahead of dry scholars.

33. nadine says:

I wish I could be like the warrior of light…

1. Jojo says:

Buy you are if you sincerely wish it and decide to be who you are truly.

Love Jojo

2. Dear Nadine,
      Welcome!!
      When reading The Alchemist for the first time in 2003, Paulo wrote of Warriors of Light in reference to them trying to teach others about there being a price to pay for everything in life. That was intriguing – and I wondered ‘what is a Warrior of Light?’

Here is link to the Manual of the Warrior of Light (in pdf format)…

Warm thoughts and Lots of Love, Jane : )

3. Hope says:

You are already.

34. Irina Black says:

When Past does not become the Future

35. Rosie says:

It has taken me a while to become the warrior, but now I am and it feels so good! Don’t be afraid to become the warrior.

36. rima says:

Beautiful… beautiful… i think the Warrior of light in me has been awakened again… Thank you….

37. Ivana says:

es tan cierto y cuesta tanto recordarlo todo el tiempo… ¡¡¡fuerza para seguir nuestro camino!!!!!!

38. Neetta Karkhanis says:

“i was the one who chose the path”….And here in rest’s the case..

39. May Kassab says:

We waste a lot of our time wondering “The roads that we haven’t taken where would have they led”. I wish I could have the warrior’s strength and will to continue my journey without looking backward.

40. Sônia Vianna Landeo says:

Um Guerreiro da Luz vive sua vida conforme seus desejos, suas crenças e fiel a si mesmo, pois um Guerreiro da Luz sabe que só se é possível ser fiel a outro alguém se fiel a si mesmo, então, o Guerreiro da Luz segue fiel aos seus sonhos sem esperar que acreditem neles, ele sabe que primeiro é preciso plantar e só depois é possível colher. E mesmo que uma tempestade ameace sua plantação, o Guerreiro da Luz sabe que a raiz de suas ações é forte e indestrutível.

41. Sari Palmroth says:

“he sees something of his own soul in the plants and the animals and the birds” its exactly how I feel…especially with the birds…wieeeeeeeeeeee they are so so beautiful….love S

42. Jojo says:

Yes, Jessica, we do not have to hide our feelings
    Jesus showed them on many occasions while spreading the hows to be a Warrior of Light!

Love, Jojo.

43. cabibbo viviana says:

spingere con energa ogni anima ad levarsi verso la libera armonia,la radiosa libertà.è il versetto di una poesia che a me piace molto.

44. Jojo says:

“You seek what is already yours”
    Good to read it again
    For me, something never to forget
    Thanks for this poem, Jessica

Love, Jojo.

45. Timi says:

Great text. thank you

46. Sanni says:

This is a real blessing. It has come up many times here and there during the recent years and helped a lot to understand myself and life. The other night I was chatting with my youngest son in Facebook and I was overly glad about us having fun, like we used to years ago. And when wishing good night, I sent him a virtual hug and the tiger’s roar, like he would still be the small boy giggling under the blanket. And I realized that it’s so natural to be unpredictable with children, and make daily life funnier and surprising by such pointless tricks. His :D on the chat window sounded like his laughter, and I saw the path clearer than ever.

47. ernesto says:

today i am happy i just found out that i am a Warrior of Light.

come and visit please.
    abrazos.
    ernesto

48. Authorized Kampret says:

The gathering warrior of light, cyberavatar..
    All, this is a sign, something is coming.. prepare yourself!

49. KimmyB says:

The path chosen should not be something you are afraid of-I believe wholeheartedly in what the universe gives us and how we use it effectively. I feel as though I am the warrior youre writing about (so many of us are). Thank you for expressing what every one of us feels (creatively, scientifically, naturally).

1. Bibhuti says:

I am a warrior of light. I will walk the path I have chosen and I thank obstacles, they are my dear friends giving me a chance to grow.