Aleph and the USA media

(you can also read the readers comments (no censorship) in the sidebar) >>>

“A new tale of magical longing. . . . Masterful.” —San Francisco Chronicle

“Coelho is a novelist who writes in a universal language.” —The New York Times

“Vivid, captivating. . . . So engaging that readers will not want to put it down for even a fraction of a second. As the author sets out on his journey, the reader gets the sense that, he too, is embarking on the same voyage.” —The International Herald Tribune

“[A] chimerical tale. . . . There’s no better author to serve such a work than Coelho.” —Publishers Weekly

“Enigmatic. . . . An illuminating book.” —The National

“Borges set the standard that Coelho capably upholds. . . . Coelho the writer is both discerning and revealing of Coelho the protagonist, whose enthusiasms we share.” —The Washington Independent Review

Aleph is a book written by the soul, and for the soul. And when you have finished the last word on the last page, your eternal spirit will be dancing with joy.” —Cecilia Samartin, author of Broken Paradise

Reading Paulo’s book is such a magical experience. This book will truly open doors to self-discovery that you didn’t know existed. ALEPH holds the key to that doorway. Brendon Burchard, author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, “The Millionaire Messenger”

“It’s time for American readers to set out on a journey of discovery that will lead them to the works of this exceptional writer.” —USA Today

Comments

1. Hermasa historia. Totamente diferente. Me hizo sí viajar en el a través de la historia. Para mi fue hermosa, reveladora y por que no sexy.

2. Tumko na bool paayenge ..... says:

I wanted to post it in save or destroy comments but felt this is better place for it… as it was ALEPH the journey which lead us to this VISION…. There is a slight difference in my friends opinion posted on save and destroy column… But Thats the clear cut difference which makes the DIFFERENCE
    its distinguishes the perception of people who really travelled the ALEPH being present in the moment ….. And people who travelled half heartedly …..sleeping all the time….with their eyes and brains shut …. Missing the joy and purpose of the ride …. Were immersed either in past or future……never enjoyed the travel ,,,,, the path and its ups and downs ….. Meeting new people …. Sharing ….. Learning…. Nature & its Beauty….

3. Tumko na bool paayenge ..... says:

The story has a big moral

if you have strong inner values and you are connected to your inner self and have strong belief on youself ….you will ultimately be able to save all of your precious things in life whether its family , friends , love , peace , inner strength , passion , compassion , humanity , clear vision …..
    And in doing so you will be automatically destroy the contradictory forces in life …

But ultimately its the Journey … The ALEPH which will lead you to this stage of clearcut and broad Vision…..

I feel pitty on people who travelled in this journey with their eyes closed …..

Thanks Paulo you gave us this chance ….. To save & support the Inner values ….

4. Tumko na bool paayenge ..... says:

The story has a big moral

But ultimately its the Journey … The ALEPH which will lead you to clearcut and broad Vision…..

I feel pitty on people who travelled in this journey with their eyes closed …..

Thanks Paulo you gave us this chance ….. To save & support the Inner values ….

5. Disi says:

Estou lendo Aleph enquanto viajo pela Austrália como backpacker, simplesmente foi o livro certo que sem “querer” caiu na minha Mao!!! Obrigada P. Coelho Por compartilhar as tuas historias!! ;) xx

6. cristina cabral says:

Eu concordo com todas estas criticas. Biejos e parabéns Paulo!!!

7. When we see always the same person, eventually they become part of our lives. And they become part of our lives, and then they want us to change it. And if not the shots, they are not right. For every person has a precise idea of ​​how we should live our lives. And never have a clue how to live out their lives.

1. Mahesh says:

We do not realise that we have control overnothing but ourselves. And by exercising the control properly, we can make things happen the way we want. The problem arises when we attempt to control something else, and the problem multiplies when we let ourselves be controlled.

Every enlightened soul has spread the same message, yet we fail to read it.

8. Marlene Rocha says:

GRANDE MESTRE, PAULO COELHO
    COLECIONO TEUS LIVROS, TENHO QUASE TODOS, INFELIZMENTE NÃO POSSUO O ALEPH, MAS IREI ADQUIRI -LO O MAIS BREVE POSSÍVEL.
    O 1º- FOI, MAKTUB, PAREI NO O VENCEDOR ESTÁ SÓ. AO TODO 20 LIVROS.
    OBRIGADA POR VC EXISTIR.
    QUE DEUS O PROTEJA EM SUA CAMINHADA.
    “SOMOS MAIS QUE VENCEDORES, TUDO PODEMOS NAQUELE QUE NOS FORTACE.”
    ABRAÇO FRATERNAL DESTA FÃ QUE O ADMIRA.
    MARLENE ROCHA

9. jackienoriega says:

ALEP H UN LIBRO MARAVILLOSO QUE NOS HACE SOÑAR QUE SOMOS TAN FUERTES COMO HILAL QUE SOBREPASAMOS TODOS LOS OBSTACULOS PARA ACARICIAR UN SUEÑO EN UNA VIDA PASADA Y EN TODAS LAS QUE PODRIAMOS TENER

10. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

Félicitations pour toutes ces phrases écrites sur votre oeuvre.
    Chacun a pu ressentir cette émotion à la lecture d’Alpeh, et faire le voyage avec vous, vous suivant dans le transibérien, en traversant le continent de son passé, pour réjoindre le rivage de son avenir. Ce périple dans les recoins de son âme, chaque lecteur l’accompli avec votre aide, et se guide en réglant ses pas sur les vôtres. Avec tous ces critiques littéraires, je vous remercie pour nous avoir prêté votre lanterne, jusqu’à ce que nous atteignons notre propre but. Love and Blessings for you, dear Paulo. M christine G.

Congratulations to all these sentences written on your work.
    Everyone could feel the emotion when reading Aleph, and make the trip with you, following you in the Transibérien, crossing the continent from its past, to reach the shore of its future. This journey into the recesses of his soul, each reader’s done with your help and guidance in setting its not on your own. With all these literary critics, thank you for lending us your lantern, until we reach our own goal. Love and Blessings for you, dear Paulo. M Christine G.

1. Subhan Zein says:

Amazing feat! Well done Paulo! :-)

Subhan Zein

11. A TRANSFORMED WOL.... says:

It was after writing my last comment i was thought that finally its over and was a HAPPY ENDING…. I didn’t know that the best was yet to come….

Its 5 am in INDIA …..I woke up and came out to witness the new morning of my life…. my first morning of my transformed life… to my surprise we had first rain showers of the year yesterday night…. even weather had transformed with me… the scene is marvelous … just marvelous… I cant portray the Beauty of the Pleasant Pure Dawn…. No words can describe this Beauty…. cool breeze blowing…. palm trees in my garden were looking as if were the sail of my boat … my ship was moving… the ship which was immobile till few days back was sailing into deep waters of the ocean….its just so soothing , gentle & fresh as a touch of new born baby… I am not able to understand , is it the Joy of a Delighted heart and a guiltless free soul… or the entire universe is also rejoicing with me the Euphoria of having done my ALEPH… its is as if my wife’s spirit also is giving its approval to my new transformation… i can hear the thundering of clouds … feel as if its applaud from the soul of the universe…. congratulating me for a New Beginning… I felt it necessary to share this experience with Paulo & all my friends who traveled with me in this journey of transformation…The ALEPH….

ALEPH ….THE DEVINE ALEPH…..THE SACRED ALEPH…. THE SIGN OF NEW BEGINNINGS ALEPH… THE SIGN OF LOVE & SACRIFICE ALEPH….

This journey not only brought me back to life but was a Rebirth of a Poet in me who was dying an unnatural death…. was dying of immobility…. My passion was dying… Passion of creating something new…. something alive… A Passion of putting Life to words… something which nourished my soul….. something which can add a smile to ones face…. ALEPH not only showed me a new path …. it helped me to change…. It was Lord Krishna deciphered his Divine words of Wisdom “The Geeta ” to Arjuna….. The Wisdom of thousands of years in a short period of time …. The Wisdom to motivate the Warrior to strike back….in the battle he had already lost without even fought …. . Hilal …. The Lord Krishna …. came as a Mentor a Guide to the Warrior Arjuna….
    She came to guide me to accept the change coming in my life…. to open myself to the new beginning The Blessings of God… to accept & embrace the change… It was a wonderful experience ….

I wrote a poem while i was in this journey … which was a sort of trans…. i am still surprised how i could do it within an hour ( not exaggeration ) ….I think this was the Power & Energy flowing in my veins during the ALEPH…

I will like to dedicate this poem to HILAL & to her SACRIFICE & LOVE …..

आज फिर जीने को मन करता है ……( Today once again i feel like living )
    ठंडी हवा का एक झोका उस और से अभी अभी चला आया है
    भीनी भीनी खुश्बू उनके बदन की
    जादू उनकी भीगी पलकों का
    चुटकी भर गुलाल उनके गालों का
    मतवाला कर दे ऐसा इतराना इठलाना
    है बातें ऐसी उनकी , कर दे किसी को भी दिवाना
    वो खिल खिला के हसना
    मुस्कान है मानो हो साजिश किसी के क़त्ल की
    कुछ कम नहीं है अदा बात बात में रूठ जाने की
    चंद सरसों के बीज लहलहाते उनके गाँव के खेतों से
    मेरे तो जीने का सारा साजो सामान ये साथ उड़ा लाया है
    ठंडी हवा का एक झोका उस और से अभी अभी चला आया है
    आज फिर जीने को मन करता है …….

(kindly some one translate it for me as i dont have appropriate english words for some of the words i have used in this poem )

Prior to this journey I used to only say Live the Life Paulos ways & Look it with Paulos eyes …. today for the first time i realize now I am doing it… i can feel the big difference ….

MAESTRO ….. I SALUTE YOU THE GENERAL OF OUR ARMY OF GREAT WARRIORS OF LIGHT…..

affly yours….

12. Milena says:

I saw you today in Geneva,you and your wife.Maybe you noticed me,too.A blonde woman with a baby.Za dva dana vraticu se kuci,u Srbiju.Geneva ce za mene uvek biti grad u kome su cuda moguca!I met my favorite writer,twice.The first june at Fnac and today.The dreams sometimes comes to fucking reality.Best wishes to you!KEEP WRITING!!!!Sorry for my broken English…kiss…

1. Peđa says:

Ono što zasta želimo svim Srcem se uvek ostvari :)
      The things that we truly want from a Heart always come true :)

13. Empié says:

Se lo he dejado a mi hermana. La verdad es que tus libros vuelan de mi estantería, y luego lo tengo complicado para recobrarlos, bueno, que sigan su viaje y lleguen a su destino.

Es curioso como un libro te puede cambiar la percepción que tienes de la vida y cambiar tu manera de estar en el mundo, letra viva que te conmueve y te transforma, y te guía.

Siempre tus libros me recuerdan a mi vida y seguir tu ejemplo me animan a seguir.

Un saludo, gracias por todo.

14. Ashray.S. says:

umm, or your choice if you publish this and that comment here. just too busy in my actions of commenting. fingers first to the deep end kind of thing this.

15. Arto Hutto says:

So true…
    Wonderful book. A must read =;O)

I made an Swedish Aleph tribute/ sub-page to the Swedish Paulo Coelho Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/PauloCoelhoSverige) here:

(I try to keep all the Aleph related material here)

With love,

Arto

16. Anastasios Vassos says:

With all due respect, a humble writter, or maybe a humble warrior of light, would publicize only the neagative criticism…going beyond the ordinary.

17. mita says:

sir,
    Yesterday I have finished Aleph.it is very much heart taking book.By reading this book I did not get one answer that Why Hilal Is suffering of not getting love in every incarnation? Is she now free from her obsession?Or still she suferring?

18. guéno says:

Dear Paulo,
    first: thank you for all these great years and books of you that have filled my heart and soul!
    second: I’m trying my luck today! I’ve finished writting a book, it took me 3 years and I’m sure you would like it. I’m sure it’s not perfect and there are plenty of corrections needed but I did my best and I feel that it’s time for me to move forward and face advices. I would like to send it to you, but it’s in french. If you want to read it and tell me what you think about it, please feel welcome!
    All the time while writing during these years I had to remember you saying that when you really want something form your heart, then the whole universum conspires to help you…. Now I’m asking one universum’s star: Do you want me to send my book to you?

19. Heimo Alexander Kruschinski says:

Congratulations! I have not more to say.

I wish you all wonderful day

20. raam says:

First Let me CONGRATULATE you & your entire team for THE GRAND SUCCESS in fully Treating me “…………….” phobia (sorry i dont know the name even) which I had been suffering since last two years . I sincerely express my GRATITUDE to each and every one involved specially the GENIUS TEAM LEADER PAULO COELHO THE MAGICIAN .

The best part of the Treatment was the use of High End Technology with tools like internet , cell phones , computers , i pads and dont know what all other gadgets were used . To my utter surprise the entire Brain Mapping was done Telescopically ie using Wireless technology .

Mr. Paulo as far as my brain works & i studied the entire treatment Modus Operandi in this chronological order . This is in terms of comments of importance ( i am omitting the other names as they were not futile enough to provide much information s ) a) Everything started from my letter to Paulo about Eleven and numerology .b)PAT c) VARA KATIM d) ANA e ) THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL FROM YOUR TOOL BOX WAS LUANA f) ASHRAY
    g) sue from china .

You have a very dedicated & effective team of Psychiatrists , IT team , Writers which i need not to say the WORK itself speaks of its own . It can be very well observed if you compare me with what i was yesterday and what i am today. I once again congratulate each and every of the members of the team with you Sir for your success in TELESCOPIC TREATMENT DONE THROUGH A BLOG … I dont know much about advancements of todays medical sciences but its a LANDMARK in my Life.

I MIGHT BE THE FIRST PATIENT EVER IN HISTORY WHO IS SENDING HIS OWN DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE FROM ” REMOTE ASYLUM ” CONFIRMING THAT I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY TREATED FOR “…………..” BY Mr.PAULO COELHO & HIS TEAM USING “WIRELESS TELESCOPIC BRAIN MAPPING SESSIONS” . I FIND MYSELF FIT & FINE TO TRAVEL FURTHER IN THE JOURNEY CALLED LIFE . I CONFIRM ALL THE ABOVE .

(Sir if you are planning of writing on Cosmic Enlightenment Journey or a science fiction I will proud to be a part of it but shall request with changed identity. I very well know you dont have any doubts about me and this entire treatment process but still if any feedback required from my end is required I will feel obliged in doing so )
    MAY GOD BLESS ,
    NAMASTE.

21. Sonia says:

*Congratulations* =)
    Its one of my favorite book. Soul awakening and Heart Opening !

22. Gonzalo says:

Muchos leen para sentir y descubrir, otros en cambio, leen para entender lo que sintieron y vivieron.
    Espero que no pares nunca de escribir.
    Gracias por darle explicaciones a vivencias que no tienen explicacion posible, solo tu puedes describirlas con esa simpleza.
    Eso es genialidad, sabiduria que llega solo a los grandes de espiritu.
    Feliz dia del escritor, desde Argentina.
    Abrazo

1. Empié says:

La verdad es que cuando leo un libro de Paulo Coelho veo parte de mi vida reflejada en el. Tengo la sensación que hablan de lo que fui, de lo que soy y de lo que seré.

Me acarician el alma, me guían, me enseñan, pero ante todo, me acarician el alma.

Un saludo.

23. JOELLE says:

J’ai compris beaucoup de choses en lisant vos livres . Tout le monde a besoin de faire son Aleph .En parcourant votre livre j’ai compris que je n’avais pas fini mon parcours .Il me reste du temps à parcourir. La route n’a pas toujours été droite ,. Elle a été pleine d’écueils et de souffrance mais j’ai compris qu’avec de la volonté et du courage l’espoir est au bout . Le chemin n’est pas toujours le même pour tout le monde .Parfois il faut prendre plusieurs chemins avant de trouver le bon pour découvrir son bonheur surtout son équikire . Il faut grimper sur les écueils ei ne pas se casser la figure et ne pas se prendre la tête . Le chemin est parfois difficile à parcourir mais en lisant vos livres, on découvre quelqu’un qui a souffert mais qui a passé son tempsà chercher son bonheur quitte à sortir de sa route personnelle. On apprend beaucoup de vous et de nous en lisant vos livres , merci Paulo.

1. raam says:

I read your comment time and again . You are very correct every one of us need to do our Aleph …. whether its Paulo or is it Hilal ?…. thanks a lot for the insight….

2. raam says:

Whatever the journey be Hilal needs to be thanked too for setting Paulo free … i conveyed it to my Hilal now its your turn…

3. mita says:

raam1 what do you think1 tht siita will for give you?it

24. Petra Jonsson says:

Congratulations!

25. Keith says:

Must be something wrong. They usually use as an excuse fora vicious personal attack!

1. raam says:

Your books need to be corrected this time…..WARRIOR OF LIGHT is always unpredictable….

26. Congratulations Paulo!
    ‘eternal spirit will be dancing with joy…’
    Magical, illuminating, touching, from the inside out.
    Love and Gratitude,
    Jane

27. Elena says:

Every single word is richly deserved!
    I’m so happy for you

With Love

Elena

28. Psalmbody says:

All the best, Paulo!

29. heart says:

All positive.. You must have the critics in your pocket..

30. Edson Gomes says:

Parabéns Paulo,

Você merece todos os elogios do mundo, pois você escreve com a alma e isso faz as outras almas se conectarem em um bem comum: o amor ao próximo.

Um abraço

31. Mary says:

So happy that I purchased it in hardcover! Thank you and congratulations!

32. Miriam says:

Wonderful reviews! Now when will you come to the United States so you can sign all of your fabulous and amazing books I treasure so you can sign them! One day, one day…

En francais
    Aleph et les medias des Etats Unis

Une nouvelle histoire de desir magique….. Magistral
    San Francisco Chronicle

Coelho est un romancier qui ecrit dans une langue universelle
    The New York Times

Colore. Captivant… Tellement attachant – les lecteurs ne voudront pas le poser meme pour une fraction de seconde.
    Alors que l’auteur entreprend son voyage, le lecteur a le sentiment que lui aussi s’engage sur le meme voyage.
    The International Herald Tribune

Une histoire de chimeres…. Il n’y a pas de meilleur auteur pour expliquer un tel ouvrage que Coelho.
    Publishers Weekly

Enigmatique.,,, Un livre d’inspiration
    The National

Borges a etabli un modele que Coelho maintient avec competence.
    L’ecrivain Coelho est de part et d’autre , judicieux et transparent , du Coelho le protagoniste dont nous partageons les passions,
    The Washington Independent Review

Aleph est un livre ecrit par l’ame et pour l’ame.
    Et lorsque vous avez fini de lire le dernier mot sur la page finale, votre esprit eternel dansera de plaisir.
    Cecilia Samartin auteur de ‘Broken Paradise.’

Lire le livre de Paulo est une experience tellement merveilleuse. Ce livre ouvrira reellement les portes vers la decouverte de soi dont vous ignoriez l’existence. ALEPH garde la clef de cette porte,
    Brendon Burchard, auteur du #1 New York Time Best Seller
    ‘The Millionnaire Messenger’

Il est temps que les lecteurs americains soient exposes a ce voyage de decouverte qui les conduiront vers les oeuvres de cet ecrivain exceptionnel.
    USA Today