Saint Joseph’s Day

St joseph
As I do every year, today we are going to celebrate (this time in Cascais, Portugal) the day of my patron, Saint Joseph. Together with 120 friends, we will say the prayer below at 8:30 PM. Be welcome to join us!

Glorious St. Joseph
model of all who are devoted to labor,
obtain for me the grace
to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations;
to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor
the gifts I have received from God,
to work methodically, peacefully,
in moderation and patience,
without ever shrinking from it through difficulty to work;
above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness,
having unceasingly before my eyes
the account I have to render of time lost,
talents unused, good not done,
and vain complacency in success.
St. Joseph, inspire and guide me for the time to come.

Comments

1. eleonora says:

2. Hotels Nicosia says:

It is strange that your patron is Joseph and not Paul)))

I love so much the prayer, will copy paste to have it at hand other times too. Thank you for sharing that version, thank you for your generosity and kindness. I think the experience changed me, for the better.
    Much love
    Alexandra

4. Jojo says:

Thank you for taking time to write the prayer, which deeply touched me. That prayer really connects to me and what is for me the essence of my challenge in this life, as Mr. Lelus which I encountered in my life told me, to “partir à la conquête de moi-même”. I will write it down and include it in my rituals. Kisses and hugs to you Paolo. Love and appreciation, Jojo.

5. Thank you Paulo for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime, to see a dream come true and then some!!!!!!

Magical
    And now, after waiting since childhood (not always patiently), I am still in Melk and still enjoying the adventure!

Love, Jane : ) xo

6. marie-christine says:

“Un profeta es alguien que continua escuchando las mismas voces que oia en la infancia. Y cree en ellas.” P.Coelho

Un prophete est quelqu’un qui continue d’ecouter les memes voix qu’il entendait dans son enfance ..et croit en elles.

A prophet is someone who continues to hear the same voices he heard during childhood .. and believes in them.

7. pranay says:

lovely prayer….
    its always feel goo when we remember our patron.The feeling is no dobt we cant explain, but we can feel better by getting ourself into it.

WOW! That was quite something. Thank you so much Paulo and Cristina for a night to remember.
    Thank you to all the friends I made from the North, West South and East – we shared a lot of love and giggles as well – Lucky to participate – and share an International Moment –
    Love to all
    Marie-Christine

9. Ana Lucia says:

Oi, queria me desculpar contigo. Na última vez que escrevi aqui foi sobre o seu ingresso na Academia Brasileira de Letras. Eu achava aquilo uma grande bobagem, mas agora que estou tomando conhecimento da sua biografia – em Audiobook, na voz de José Mayer – vejo que tudo isso fazia parte do seu grande sonho: ser um escritor reconhecido no mundo inteiro. Julguei cedo demais, melhor não ter julgado. Me desculpo mais uma vez e como nos programas populares te ofereço essa canção, bjs.

Birthright
    A-Ha
    Composição: Magne Furuholmen and Martin Terefe

You don’t wanna hang around
    Said you were leaving town for the summer
    At least till sundown

Cuz time ain’t gonna grind you down,
    ain’t gonna waste your life
    chasing rainbows like some clown

But who’s gonna come with you tonight
    Who’s gonna to tell you it’s alright?
    Everything changes over time
    Just like wine

Time ain’t gonna hold you up,
    Ain’t going to make it stop long enough to ease your mind,
    Ain’t gonna make it last forever

And you…
    whatcha gonna do?
    Walk it solitary?
    So unnecessary
    But it’s alright
    It’s your birthright

Hey, hey everything’s different down the line
    Everything changes over time

Time ain’t gonna make it worse
    It’s gonna make you start feeling better
    Just like wine
    We’re gonna make it last forever

Hey you…
    Whatcha gonna do?
    Just be ordinary?
    So unnecessary

But it’s all right
    Yes it’s alright
    It’s your birthright

It’s your birthright

1. Ana Lucia meus aplausos para voçe

10. Brigitte says:

My deareast Paulo,
    Magical night in Melk with all of you beautiful good hearted friendly friends with full of Joy!
    Thank you our dearest mentor and cherished friend.
    Brigitte v/o Friday of Joy

ed friends

1. Querida Brigitte espero que seas tu la Brigitte que he conocido , me encantaría tu presencia más a menudo en el blog de Paulo y compartir mas. Un beso