Alice’s quotes

__________________________________
EN ESPANOL AQUI>>> Alicia
___________________________________

I wonder if I’ve been changed in the night? Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different. But if I’m not the same, the next question is ‘Who in the world am I?’ Ah, that’s the great puzzle!

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think. Oh, how I wish I could shut up like a telescope! I think I could, if I only knew how to begin.

If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a great deal faster than it does.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

It would be so nice if something made sense for a change.

You are old, Father William, your hair has become very white. And yet you incessantly stand on your head – do you think, at your age, it is right?

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there.

The adventures first… explanations take such a dreadful time.

We are all mad here ( The Cat)

Alice is a magistral character, created by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Comments

1. Danny says:

“f you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there. ”
    That’s life… :)

2. Marie Butcher says:

Dear Paoulo Coelho,

I am writing on behalf of my students from my English 1A class at Monterey Peninsula College. They have a few questions for you:
    1) Were you inspired by the Bible when you wrote “The Alchemist”?
    2) How long does it take for you to complete a book?
    3) Where do your ideas come from?
    4) What was the first writing project that you decided to sit down and write?

We would be grateful for your reply.

1. Marie Butcher says:

I apologize for typing your name quickly and making an error in spelling.

3. Jessica says:

Sometimes I really feel like Alice in Wonderland ;-)

Love & light Jessica

4. cristina cabral says:

e a maravilhas……..

5. Pandora says:

Beautiful photographs of Alice Liddell, the inspiration for the real Alice, at the National Portrait Gallery in London, (just scroll across the top, fourteen in all):

He( Charles Dodgsen, aka Lewis Carroll) left clues as to her original identity in the following poem, if you take the first letter of every stanza, he has spelled her name out quite clearly. I can’t help thinking, as have many others, that there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye …

A boat beneath a sunny sky,
    Lingering onward dreamily
    In an evening of July–

Children three that nestle near,
    Eager eye and willing ear,
    Pleased a simple tale to hear–

Long has paled that sunny sky:
    Echoes fade and memories die.
    Autumn frosts have slain July.

Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
    Alice moving under skies
    Never seen by waking eyes.

Children yet, the tale to hear,
    Eager eye and willing ear,
    Lovingly shall nestle near.

In a Wonderland they lie,
    Dreaming as the days go by,
    Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream–
    Lingering in the golden gleam–
    Life, what is it but a dream?

1. Eloise says:

Thank you for the link to the photos of Alice. I have just read Alice in Sunderland by Bryan Talbot. The book states that there is a popular belief that Lewis Caroll asked for Alice’s (or perhaps Lorina’s) hand in marriage when she reached maturity. But the Liddells were aristocracy and didn’t consider Caroll to be far enough up the social ladder for them to consider him as a prospective suitor. They cut him out of Alice’s life and her mother apparently made her burn the many letters he had written to her.

6. Giovanna says:

You were, are and always will be my inspiration
    thanks for your words

7. Arto Hutto says:

”The road is waiting patiently for you to travel it. It doesn’t have rush you or scream out for you as it knows you will find your way to it.”

“The only things to be dead serious about is laughter and death. Keep laughter as close as you can and death as far away as possible.”

8. toñi says:

Hola!
    Siempre he pensado que la historia de “Alicia en el pais de las maravillas” no fue escrita para los niños. Un niño no podría comprender el sentido de la historia de Alicia, además siempre he pensado que el hombre que escribió ese libro debió ser un hombre muy inteligente,…pienso lo mismo de un escritor francés Antoine de Saint-Exupéry que escribió “El principito”. Son libros que leí de pequeña y no los entendí, ahora de “mayor” los he vuelto a leer y me han hecho llorar, me han alcanzado muy dentro del corazón. Toñi.

1. Marie-Christine Grimard says:

These writers have written these books with their inner adult for other adults who were children and remember it, more or less.
      In a book, I think we are, what we has come to up there. At each age, when you read it back, we made ​​new discoveries in connection with our own evolution, and our needs.
      I like Saint Exupéry, outside the Little Prince, he has written so many wonders, no pun related to Alice!
      The books that mark us, are those in which the author has left his soul singing, and this is what will affect our own. This is what we find in your book, Paulo, and that’s what delights us all here.
      Have a nice day in your own country of wonders my friends.
      M Christine Grimard

2. toñi says:

Hola M. Cristine Grimard!
      Es cierto, cuando un libro nos emociona es porque el escritor ha puesto su alma en él. También Paulo pone su alma en su escritura, por eso nos emocionan sus libros. Tienes razón. Muchas gracias. Toñi.

9. Helou Paulo. I think, we can proof for ourselfs, we are eternal one and we can do that science way.

Eternal movement in dense and less dense

Movement through dense is slower than movement through less dense. If the object is
    dense enough it can stop the movement. However the movement in the object shifts to
    an object in the dense so the movement can never stop.

If one squeezes a sponge or a spring using external pressure, the spring resiles
    back when the external pressure exits.

The hand and a sponge don’t form a closed system which means that the energy exits
    from the system in the form of movement.

The universe is all there is and so an eternal object can’t leave the universe.
    Eternal movement/energy/act can’t disappear from the universe.
    All the work that is used for opening a thick object in to a less thick object
    remains in the universe as movement.

Sooner or later the movement will be directed to an object which is thicker than the
    other object which has opened/scattered before hitting a thicker object during the
    way to a less thick object.

The work the dense eternal object has made to open into a less dense object has made
    the speed in the object to escalate away from that area where the eternal object
    squeezed into a dense object because of the external pressure.

When the speed of the object that has changed into less dense has escalated the work
    has changed into a faster movement which can’t vanish from the universe.
    When the energy has changed into smaller and faster densities it crashes into the
    thick and massive object and the movement/energy of the smaller densities will move
    to that thick and massive density as a pushing force.

But also as a concrete and existing thing that while pushing its way into the center
    of the thicker and massive object it replaces/pushes the object. The object that was
    earlier there was a thick object but now it’s been pushed away from the center of
    the thick and massive density.

As more small and fast densities push to the centre of the dense and massive density
    the object in the massive density changes. In certain time everything changes
    completely. Yet the dense and massive density exists as a density circulating the
    eternal object.

However it doesn’t mean that these densities circulating the eternal object are
    eternal.

It’s possible that as the time passes by they can sort of fade away but not in a way
    that the eternal object in them would disappear just like magic.

It would be a matter of the thick and massive densities circulating the eternal
    object in a way that they would have shaded room so that less small densities would
    have reached the thicker densities. That way its own inner pressure would have made
    the object in it to shatter so the object would have pushed into other thicker and
    massive densities.

Eternal motion / energy can never disappear.

All work will remain in the universe and the subject sooner or later will be
    directed to one of the frequent and massive object as movement from the outside that
    directs the work as a pushing force in the dense and massive density.

Eternal love to you, fellow followers.

10. Barcelona_20_euros_en_un_café says:

“If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there.” a great quote.ç and a great true. You have to know where you wanna go to find the way to arrive.

Hugs!

Miriam

11. Psalmbody says:

At once, classic and current! *smiling*

12. Brilliant, can’t help but smile.
    Where does creativity come from?

I don’t mind (another Dali moment). Being a little mad, that is.

Enjoyed very much viewing some of the pictures that Dali did for an illustrated version of this book. If anyone would like to enjoy also:
    Onederland, interconnectedness.

Thankyou, a cheery greeting for your day. Love,
    Jane