The two drops of oil

(Standing above the little town of Tarifa is an old fort built by the Moors. I remember sitting here with my wife, Christina, in 1982, and for the first time looking at a continent from across a narrow stretch of water: Africa. At that time I could not dream that such a lazy moment in the late afternoon would inspire a scene in my best-known book, “The Alchemist”. Nor could I have dreamed that the story that follows, heard in the car, would serve as an excellent example for all of us who are searching for some balance between discipline and compassion.)

A merchant sent his son to learn the Secret of Happiness from the wisest of men. The young man wandered through the desert for forty days until he reached a beautiful castle at the top of a mountain. There lived the sage that the young man was looking for.

However, instead of finding a holy man, our hero entered a room and saw a great deal of activity; merchants coming and going, people chatting in the corners, a small orchestra playing sweet melodies, and there was a table laden with the most delectable dishes of that part of the world.

The wise man talked to everybody, and the young man had to wait for two hours until it was time for his audience.

With considerable patience, he listened attentively to the reason for the boy’s visit, but told him that at that moment he did not have the time to explain to him the Secret of Happiness.

He suggested that the young man take a stroll around his palace and come back in two hours’ time.

“However, I want to ask you a favor,” he added, handing the boy a teaspoon, in which he poured two drops of oil. “While you walk, carry this spoon and don’t let the oil spill.”

The young man began to climb up and down the palace staircases, always keeping his eyes fixed on the spoon. At the end of two hours he returned to the presence of the wise man.

“So,” asked the sage, “did you see the Persian tapestries hanging in my dining room? Did you see the garden that the Master of Gardeners took ten years to create? Did you notice the beautiful parchments in my library?”

Embarrassed, the young man confessed that he had seen nothing. His only concern was not to spill the drops of oil that the wise man had entrusted to him.

“So, go back and see the wonders of my world,” said the wise man. “You can’t trust a man if you don’t know his house.”

Now more at ease, the young man took the spoon and strolled again through the palace, this time paying attention to all the works of art that hung from the ceiling and walls. He saw the gardens, the mountains all around the palace, the delicacy of the flowers, the taste with which each work of art was placed in its niche. Returning to the sage, he reported in detail all that he had seen.

“But where are the two drops of oil that I entrusted to you?” asked the sage.

Looking down at the spoon, the young man realized that he had spilled the oil.

“Well, that is the only advice I have to give you,” said the sage of sages. “The Secret of Happiness lies in looking at all the wonders of the world and never forgetting the two drops of oil in the spoon.”

Comments

1. Aminakabani says:

It’s such as a wise advise…. I have read the book and I loved it. It’s being a while but remembring me again.
    Thank you Paulo Coelhoe!

2. Awesome!
    Short & sweet, yet full of wisdom!
    God bless you, always…

3. Arto Hutto says:

“Many big disappointments are preceded by great expectations.”

“Do not always be in such a hurry, occasions come and occasions go, but they will always come!”

1st of May is the Working Class Heroes holiday in Sweden and I have always wondered why. Everything is closed and the Socialist (the few ones that are still left) march the streets with red banners.

The reason is perhaps this:
    19th of March and 1st of May is St Josephs day, The Saint of all workers, (step)Fathers, priests and much more.

4. phil says:

i don’t quite get the hero worship taking place here…2 drops of oil.. don’t drop them. hmm…my life has new meaning. right.

1. Andy says:

The two drops of oil represent your own self-care. Taking care of yourself is something that requires your complete attention- balancing meals, exercise, sleep patterns, activity and rest, social and alone time, all this very serious self-discipline that requires constant attention. Or, if you prefer, it could represent something else very precious that requires constant attention. Perhaps it is your children, or your job. Regardless, if you go through life only paying attention to these known things, you will not be open to marveling in the beauty of the unknown. But if you submit yourself completely to such marveling, you will lose those things you hold precious. The eternal balance, which all of us can improve on.

5. jackienoriega says:

entonces nos queda claro que el secreto de la felicidad està en admirar y gozar de todas las maravillas que nos ofrece la vidad sin perder la nociòn de las cosas y tomando cuidado los pasos que demos sin perder el aceite de la cuchara quiere decir despacio y sin apuro con prudencia y razonamiento que bello paulo, es verdad la impaciencia es enemiga de los mejores momentos

6. Marie-christine Grimard says:

Parcourir le monde pour admirer. Tout ce qu’il nous offre, la beauté , la connaissance, l’étonnement, la découverte , l’émotion , la sérénité , la sagesse. Emplir tous ses sens de ce qu’ils nous offrent à chaque minute. Partager . Mais tout au long de ce chemin, ne pas perdre ses deux gouttes d’or qui brillent au fond de notre cuillère : la première goutte se prénomme AIMER et la seconde goutte se prénomme ÊTRE AIME .
    Pour moi, il est là le secret du bonheur … MCG

7. cristina cabral says:

Combinar a concentração com o prazer, preciso disso no meu tarbalho.
    Linda história Paulo!

8. Kahaba says:

Nice Story…
    It’s remind me to keep my two drops of oil in my life..

Thanks Coelho…

9. eleonora says:

Meraviglioso libro..meravigliosi personaggi..adorabile Santiago.Ad un certo momento della nostra vita ognuno di noi, parte alla ricerca del proprio tesoro ,che sente di desiderare senza conoscerne il vero perché.Questa ricerca ci muove verso il viaggio chiamato Vita.Nulla di quello che incontreremo farà parte di quello che abbiamo previsto.ogni attimo ogni persona servirà alla nostra formazione..alla nostra anima.Come Santiago partiamo da noi per ritornare a noi e di riflesso agli altri e in tutto ciò che ci circonda.Oggi giornata mondiale della terra auguro un meraviglioso vivere a tutti i componenti della terra nel rispetto di noi e di tutto ciò che ci circonda da sempre per sempre.

10. Khadijah says:

Many Blessings to you Paulo Coelho. Thank you for sharing your light with us so many may see…inside themselves.

Peace, Breath & Harmony…

11. Pandora says:

Quote : The Matrix (1999)

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That’s impossible. Instead… only try to realize the truth.
    Neo: What truth?
    Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
    Neo: There is no spoon?
    Spoon boy: Then you’ll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

12. John says:

Very interesting…….. The oil representing your responsibilities in life and yet still reminding you to enjoy the world around you… the true balance getting gratification from both

13. Brave_soul says:

I owe you Ideas. A person can’t pay back ideas. It doesn’t matter if I agree with you or not I still owe the thought you argued which resulted an idea. I can’t pay back. How can you pay back Idea? But I can thank you even if I disagreed with you. We all exist as moving stones fit in place every single time we move. We are either givers or takes. But no matter what action we take we have resulted in a movement either in our universe or someone else’s.
    And you some how have participated in my universe and the person who told me about your book “The Alchemist”.

Cheers!

I like what you said, thank you.
      In the natural fashion, moving waves implies making a movement of some kind.
      we are givers at times and takers at others depending on which side of the pendulum we found ourselves in.. at the time.,,
      with love
      Marie-Christine

Toni con el ~ on the n – gracias por su commentario :) -

14. toñi says:

Hola Paulo! ¿qué tal fue la cena de ayer? seguro que lo pasasteis bien, siempre acaban las cosas mejor que como uno esperaba. ¿verdad?.
    Me alegro de que esteis en Barcelona, además teneis suerte, hoy hace un día muy primaveral. Hay lugares donde uno puede tomarse un café tranquilo mientras leemos el periódico, dejando nuestro sombrero sobre la mesa. Sobre todo la zona que dar al mar es bonita. Bueno pues bienvenido a Barcelona! Un saludo. Toñi.

15. andelieya says:

To wander the palace
    while guarding the treasure

Enjoying the splendors
    not falling for pleasure

Reveals the secret we desperately seek
    eternal happiness to us will speak

16. RedHeart says:

Nice read.

17. Yan says:

“幸福的奥秘便在于当你在欣赏这个大千世界的奇观时,千万不要忘记勺子里的两滴油。”

One of my favorite parts in the Alchemist.

Love

Yan

18. huma arshad says:

Whatever I want to say my words destroy my meanings
    Sometimes I feel that the whole world is a living magic
    Whatever exists or does not exists
    The winds, the atmosphere , spring, autumn; all points me towards something unknown
    You are also a part of this magic sometimes you exists sometimes you are vanished

the cycle is going round and round
    i want to capture the moments but can not hold them in my palm
    they move with the winds and come with the new wave,
    words do transform into energy but my words does not depict my true energy. Huma Arshad

19. anne says:

you know what? I love this book. That;s my first read book from your authorship. Very inspiring and more than a story to tell.

20. Yilmaz says:

What are the two drops representing for you guys?

I’m thinking of hard work, patience or keeping promises…any other ideas?

Ask olsun.

1. Dave C says:

I WAS THINKING THAT WHILE HOLDING DEAR TO THE INTERNAL SEARCH FOR IDENTITY OR TRUTH, DO NOT FORGET TO ACCEPT THAT EXTERNAL STIMULUS IS ALSO AVAILABLE TO SHAPE US AND HELP US GROW. DISCOVER OUR TRUTH, AND THEN ACT ON IT.

21. MONICA says:

Bienvenido a Barcelona !!!
    A minutos de poder conocerte !!!

Un abrazo

22. Babouch'kitchen says:

whilst I was looking for some new oil to replenish my kitchen,
    a kouple were looking at the same section I found my self in at the time : the handy meal one .
    so it gave us an opportunity to exchange views on which one was nutritional enough or needed some supplements : like a tin of these adorable peas with no artificial colour involved , the ones that just melt in your mouth. you take a tablespoon and you want more and more of them or even go to the extravaganza of adding some carrots and asparagus and even artichokes combined with a soupcon of spices to accompany them with.
    I entertained that thought for a while and moved on, Each one of us thanking each other for that encounter and walking away with a big smile on our faces .:)
    My mind suggested a bottle of Haut St Georges so I complied with the wishes. .
    It made my day. Hey, that’s what I call Living,.
    with love

23. luz mariposa says:

Hermoso y muy cierto.
    Nunca debemos dejar de mirar nuestro interior..
    Nunca debemos olvidar nuestra esencia..
    Apesar de lo hermoso y feo que pueda ser el mundo..
    Caminemos por esta vida contemplando las pequeñas grandes cosas,
    aprendiendo…. sin olvidar nuestro espiritu.. Es alli , donde encontramos el equilibrio
    Mucha luz..Clary

24. Alex Yang says:

It’s very true that we often forget what is close to our heart when we look far afield – and we can become inwardly focused if we spend too long with our heart’s treasure. Balance is so hard – but just what we need to find.

Alex Yang (pen name for Yang-May Ooi)

25. Psalmbody says:

Beautiful.

26. Momiza says:

That’s how God wants us to go through this life

27. Shine says:

Wow its very nice to know about your inspiration That fort of the Moors actually exists. How lovely……………I will love to visist it some day. Thanks for everything.
    Love Avantika

28. ¿Cómo puedo aprender a quererme?, ¿como puedo aprender a sentir amor a mi mismo?, ¿a enamorarme de mi mismo?

1. toñi says:

Lo primero que debes hacer es empezar a pensar en todas las cosas buenas que hay en ti, piensa, seguro que encontrarás cosas buenas de ti. A medida que vallas encontrando…irás encontrando más y más cosas buenas en ti. Tienes que sentirte feliz por todo lo que tienes, para empezar sientete feliz por tus ojos, gracias a tus ojos puedes leer las escrituras de Paulo Coelho y de las personas que hay en el blog. A medida que empieces a sentirte agradecido por lo que tienes…empezarás a encontrar más cosas por las que sentirte feliz : el agua que puedes beber cuando abres un grifo…si otras personas no hubieran trabajado para canalizar el agua y hacerla llegar hasta nosotros…tendrías que caminar hasta un rio o un pozo para poder beber. Empieza a quererte por estar aqui, por tu cuerpo que te acompaña, por contemplar el mundo que te rodea. No te hablo de que te enamores de ti mismo, te hablo que quererte y respetarte tal y como eres. Seguro que tienes muchas razones para quererte y ser feliz, si piensas y las buscas…las encontrarás! Un abrazo. Toñi.

29. Mary says:

Creatives might have placed the two drops into something other than a spoon–perhaps a vial?–and managed to return with wonder in their memory, a clean spoon ready for dinner and two drops of precious oil intact!

O!

Let us ALL be creatives!

1. Brave_soul says:

I agree :-D

30. Susana says:

I’m thinking of the oil in the spoon in the splendid mansion…and I’m thinking of the word patience, and how I have being patient about a life change for so long. Yesterday a decision came approving Visas for my family and I to live in Australia and I am happy that I was patient and did not drop the oil, nor failed to see the beauty in my current home. Thank you God..for steadying my balance, when I stumbled, and for reminding me of the magnificence of our world, and in our lives.

This post is making me reach for the Alchemist again. Love to all.
    xx

31. rebecca rodriguez says:

Im absolutely infatuated with the way your heart sings:) .u have a beautiful way of expressing your soul and touching our hearts.thank u Paulo for sharing with us all the beauty we have left to see.I feel peace in my heart and have been finding myself singing an old Spanish song….hay ya ya ya canta y no llores porque cantando Se alegra cielito lindo los corazones:)

32. Sonia says:

amazing story…so true

Sonia

33. Annie says:

A wise man said a riddle
    “two drops of oil in a spoon
    the secret lies in the spoon
    “Don’t drop it, be aware”””
    and he begun to whistle

Fu fu fu and hohoho
    “sing the song, but do not drop
    one and two, oildrops, two,
    the secret lies in the spoon”

and the man began to dance
    and he whistled and he sang
    he said, the world It’s big,big enough
    but without your spoon it is not much…

Love and Gratitude
    Annie

1. Rakesh Mishra says:

Nice!The poetic energy with which the story is retold is marvelous!!!

2. luz mariposa says:

El Principito y su rosa…El no comprendia el amor por su rosa..
      Se fue a viajar por el universo..para tratar de aprender,comprender..
      En esa busqueda nunca dejo de pensar en ella..y descubrio que su mayor tesoro, era su amor..que ella era unica para El..aunque haya millones como ella.
      Aprendio a llevar sus gotas de aceites intactas mientras aprendia y se maravillaba del universo..y sus misterios..

34. Zinnia says:

Vaya, llego tarde para la cena… Si alguien no puede ir, estoy disponible y cerca de Barcelona :-)

He leído Aleph. Increiblemente, a estas alturas de mi vida, el primer libro que leo de Paulo y ha sido toda una experiencia, un viaje a su mundo, a nuestro mundo. Nos encontramos en un camino común, creo. Tanta sincronía que me invade últimamente… es impactante pero al tiempo es algo que esperas, que sabes que es así. Lo sabes de siempre, sin más.

El bambú chino… Un curioso paralelismo con la historia personal de muchos seres que comprendieron que la semilla crece en nuestro interior. Y poco a poco irá brotando, emergiendo hacia lo externo. Crece incluso cuando no somos conscientes de ello. Hace falta tiempo para ver el resultado de este desarrollo. A veces incluso, muchas vidas… ;-)

Gracias por compartir este tiempo vital con tod@s nosotros Paulo. Desde mi humilde rincón te confieso que formas parte de mi vida desde ya. O quizás ya formabas parte de ella… no se. Esto sería largo de contar y no es el lugar adecuado, of course.

Un abrazo.

Zinia (Roser)

35. jobjol says:

Its inspiring … Just feeling how hard it is to get the balance …

1. Khadijah says:

yes! The balance is essential…

36. Kealan says:

This sentence actually explains a lot about the book ‘The Alchemist’ to me. Santiago travelled & saw many wonders, but he never forgot his treasure – & he never forgot about the love that was waiting for him at the Oasis.

I now have to ponder what my two drops of oil are, or I guess, I may still be waiting to encounter the oil.

37. toñi says:

Hola Paulo, gracias por recordarnos de nuevo este texto.
    La historia de hoy es “mi vida en ruinas” pero como dices tú en tu texto que hay que estar por las dos cosas: el mundo que nos rodea y las gotas de aceite…pues yo he decidido transformar mi vida en ruinas. Como tomé la decisión de vivir en el mundo real y dejar de lado el “mundo paralelo” entonces ¡ésto se tiene que ver reflejado en nuestro mundo real también!…pues he destrozado mi casa! y ¿sabes qué? me siento super feliz!
    Estoy transformando mi casa, todo los colores de las paredes, los muebles, mi forma de vestir y …espérate que te vas a reir!! También me he cortado el pelo y ahora me lo voy a teñir (no te voy a decir de qué color, que te puedes escandalizar). Hay que vaciarse por dentro y por fuera también. Para que el exterior de nuestro mundo sea un reflejo del interior de nosotros mismos. ¿Porqué digo “mi vida en ruinas”? porque ví una película que llevaba ese título y me dió mucha risa y …ahora …esto es lo que yo estoy haciendo con mi vida.
    Saludos y un abrazo. Toñi.

1. Empié says:

Madre mía, yo si que tengo una vida en ruinas, aunque bueno, con buena estructura, siempre recuperable en cuanto se termine de arreglar algún cable suelto.

Hoy me he levantado pensando que ha sido de mi familia, practicamente vivo en un monasterio, el día lo dedico a mis actividades, ingles, música, entrenar, aprender… No está mal, pero de entretenimiento, y de relaciones personales, poco, aunque ya se sabe, a veces no hay nadie, a veces se junta todo el mundo. La verdad es que tampoco me pide el cuerpo salir de aquí, todo sigue en su sitio, aunque no tenga contacto, no he roto con nada. Y así van pasando los días, aunque en el día a día no soy muy consciente de que cambio, si me comparo con el de hace unos meses veo que cambio, tanto en la pericia en las cosas que hago como en mi manera de estar en el mundo.

Aunque me quejo, porque todavía no he llegado donde deseo, y a veces me angustia lo incierto de mi situación y no tener un duro, es el camino que elegí, y la verdad es que me pasan cosas muy curiosas que me hacen darme cuenta de que estoy en el camino correcto, aunque a veces se me olvida, bueno… no deja de ser parte del camino. Creo que dentro de poco toca no parar de reír y de disfrutar, por suerte todo cambia, y la vida puede cambiar en cuestión de meses su tú cambias con la vida.

Un saludo y un abrazo. Me alegro de que todo cambie, para mejor, seguro.

2. toñi says:

Los cambios han sido de una forma extraña. Yo ayudo con lo de mis manos a familia y amigos, bien pues lo he hecho desinteresadamente siempre. Y algunas de estas personas han cambiado sus vidas y su enfoque de salud para mucho mejor. Entonces aparecieron y me dijeron: “necesitas cambios Toñi, cambios” y yo pensé “pues vale, tenéis razón”. Y entonces me estaba yo tomando un café y mi hermana y una amiga me traen a casa unas revistas sobre muebles de oferta “qué te parece Toñi?”. Claro yo doy mi opinión, pensándome que es una broma. Por la tarde aparece otra amiga mia con un cuadro y cosas para mi, seguidamente aparece mi hermana y su amiga con “herramientas” (una sierra, taladros…). Entonces me doy cuenta que “esto no es una broma” y se lian a destrozar sofá, mesa, …y ¿qué hago yo?…pues…unirme al grupo ¡claro!. Y así estoy, con mi casa en ruinas,…bueno de momento hemos arreglado el recibidor y lo hemos pintado. Todo entre nosotras y yo pues me da vergüenza confesarlo pero he aceptado sus regalos, dicen que si ellos hubieran ido a un psicólogo o a un curandero les hubiese costado pasta y si yo los he ayudado con mis mayores deseos, también debo dejar que ellos me ayuden con sus mayores deseos.
      Yo creo que vas por buen camino y luego empezarán a aparecer los resultados, cuando las cosas empiecen a cambiar notarás “la velocidad”. No te detengas, fluye con la energía, el universo pide “velocidad”. Además no te darás ni cuenta porque las cosas buenas llegan de repente y entonces es…adelante adelante …que no decaiga jejeje. Y recuerda que para que las cosas se hagan realidad solo tienes que pensar con tu mente que ya son reales, primero se crean en el mundo paralelo y luego se crean en el mundo real. Esto también lo llaman ley de atracción.
      Un abrazo. Toñi.

38. Antonia Lo Giudice says:

From the first time I read this passage, it has made reflect on myself:)

In our fast pace society, we can very easily get caught up with “materialism”. We want to do the things that we can somehow get something out of it. Although there is nothing wrong with to look out for all the opportunities that are out there, we can sometimes forget to be balanced in our thinking.

How many people out there have it all, or seem to have it all, big house, cars, luxuries…How many are truly happy? While having these things is not a “bad” thing (looking out to see the wonders), we need to remember to discipline our thinking in the riches of the universe.

If we can also do this within our daily relationships and problems, balance compassion with discipline thinking, we would probably not see them as big of a problem then we make them out to be!

1. toñi says:

Estoy de acuerdo contigo. Toñi.

2. Susana says:

Antonia hi,
      I completely agree with you.
      On the surface, we may view the lives of others as if we are watching a film, watching the tapes from pieces we have put together from the ‘evidence’ we have seen or heard..but in reality, we don’t know about the daily struggles, worries, fears and hardship that the person may have…material objects, do not guarantee anything, and I also think it is not helpful to place too much importance on them. Lovely though to appreciate beauty in our world and the cultural diversity in terms of music, art , language, literature…this is what I feel enriches our lives and provides the balance you write about.
      Have a lovely day. xx

39. Jessica says:

Today I forgot about the oil in the spoon …. thanks for the reminder mr Coelho :-)

Love and light Jessica

40. Tehsin Abid says:

Its inspiring … Just feeling how hard it is to get the balance … I always failed …

Tehsin
    (A fan from Pakistan)

41. Empié says:

Yo lo veo por mi experiencia personal, como dos formas de estar en el mundo.

En la primera, la vida se centra en uno mismo en su trabajo, en su pequeño y aislado mundo. Allí no hay problemas con el mundo, con la gente, con las relaciones, no se pierde ni un poco de energía emocional, porque no hay intercambio de emociones, tienes paz y equilibrio, pero te pierdes lo malo y lo bueno del mundo.

En la segunda, naces al mundo como un niño, te relacionas sin conocer las normas, sin ser precavido, ya no estás en la paz de tu habitación, es todo nuevo, hay gente buena y ladrones, y te mezclas con todos. El dolor es inevitable, como un cordero entre lobos en algunos momentos, sin saber guardarte y protegerte, todo es lucha hasta llegar al final, luchas por conservar tu energía emocional, por no perderlo todo y perderte tu también.

Supongo que lo bueno es desechar lo malo de los dos mundos y quedarse con lo bueno, estar en el mundo pero sin estar expuesto al mundo. Estar en tí, pero sin estar aislado del mundo.

Espero conseguirlo algún día, mientras tanto creo que estoy consiguiendo aceptar mi situación y mi camino, como en tai chi, no luchar, aceptar lo que viene y usarlo a tu favor. Creo que la situación que tengo me viene muy bien, para aprender a estar ajeno al mundo y no perder la paz bajo ninguna circunstancia, esta situación no deja de ser un campo de entrenamiento para cultivar ciertas capacidades, además me deja mucho tiempo libre para cultivar mis dones. Cuando haya terminado el entrenamiento la situación cambiará, entre tanto aprendo a no luchar, hace poco era incapaz, las cosas son por algo.

Un saludo.

1. toñi says:

Hola Empie! te contesto aquí a otros mensajes porque si no se vuelve uno majareta de cambiar tanto de páginas. La maestra de maestras que venía a mi casa tenía mal los huesos y pienso yo…¿no podía curarse a si misma??decía que para ser maestro y curar hay que cobrar dinero (mentira), la curación surge del amor y la fé de desear a la otra persona lo mejor sin ningún tipo de interés (y yo sé de lo que hablo). Si no fuese así entonces…¿porqué venía a mi casa? llegaba torcida y se iba un poco mas erguida. Si que hay mucha trampa y mucha moda y muchos pobres inocentes que se dejan engañar. Es como las artes marciales o cualquier tema o profesión. Hay personas que aman lo que hacen y hay personas que hacen las cosas pues… por que sí. No todo se puede curar, hay enfermedades que no se pueden curar, hay personas que no podemos ayudar. “no podemos salvarlos a todos” (por ejemplo cáncer con metábasis) y cuando no puedes ayudar a alguien …se sufre mucho, te sientes impotente. Entonces solo puedes acompañarlos en su dolor. Por eso me he separado del mundo paralelo, porque …es complicado de explicar.
      Sobre los lobos y los corderos…escucha a tu corazón, tu instinto, sabrás quienes son lobos y quienes son corderos. A veces hay que parecen corderos y se pasan años siendo corderos y un día…le ves la patita de lobo y descubres que no es un cordero sino que es un lobo disfrazado. Nadie, absolutamente nadie, puede pasarse la vida entera interpretando un papel aunque sea un gran actor.( En el mundo paralelo nadie puede fingir ser lobo o cordero, ahí cada uno es lo que es y se le reconoce por la naturaleza de su alma.) ¿Qué hacer? soberana paciencia y discreción y fuera y bien lejos. Pero sin pelearse ni nada, ellos como lobos son inteligentes y saben de sobras todas las razones, es mejor no desgastarse en dar explicaciones.
      Sobre los dos caminos del libro Mantak chia, ya me lo explicarás.
      Bueno hasta otro ratillo. Saludos. Toñi.

2. toñi says:

Buenos días Empié,
      Quiero explicarte algo. Ayer día 19 de Abril por la noche ocurrió algo hermoso en el mundo paralelo: un guerrero entró en “tierra sagrada”. Te describo la imagen de su alma: tiene el pelo largo recogido en una coleta, hace un metro y 85 centímetros de altura aproximadamente. Este guerrero es afortunado. Para entrar en “tierra sagrada” necesitas el permiso del guerrero que dirige ese lugar. El guerrero estuvo sentado en el suelo y habló con el alma que cuida de este lugar sagrado. Cuando el guerrero se marchó dejó restos de su visita…una flor crece en la tierra.
      Bueno sentía la necesidad de explicarselo a alguien y te lo explico a ti.
      Un saludo, Toñi.

3. toñi says:

Hola Empié buenos días!
      Te quiero explicar una cosa de mi vida. Yo compré una perrita para que mi hija tuviese una mascota. Después me trajeron a casa a un perrito que tenía depresión y me dijeron “el perrito está castrado, no hay problema” y pensé ¡vale! (realmente no parecía tener testículos).Entonces de repente el perrito empezó a comer mejor y estaba “feliz”, un mes después la perrita estaba…gorda! y los llevé al veterinario a los dos. Ya verás: el perrito tenía los testículos internos (un caso especial) y la perrita le hicieron una radiografía y tenia…4 cachorros dentro, estaba embarazada. Pues ya ves la historia: el resultado es…una manada de perritos en casa, he tenido que castrar al macho (que fue una operación complicada porque le abrieron desde el pene hacia adentro y un mogollón de puntos internos y externos) y mi preciosa perrita parece una vaca lechera! El veterinario me dijo que si no hubiese castrado al macho a la larga los testículos se le hubiesen vuelto cancerígenos y se habría muerto. Y al principio estaba nerviosa con tanto perro en casa pero hoy…me he despertado y estaban todos en fila india mirándome para que les pusiese el pienso y he dicho en voz alta “¡Buenos días família!¿cómo están ustedes?¡A desayunar!” Nunca me han gustado los animales pero me he dado cuenta que dan mucha compañía y mucha alegría…y trabajo también ¡claro!
      Hasta otro ratillo. Toñi.

4. Empié says:

Pues yo me he ido hoy al parque a hacer tai chi, a esta hora se supone que debería estar con amigos o familia o algo así… supongo que cuando las cosas van mal la gente se quita de en medio, además por apartarme de malas personas estoy también lejos de las buenas que están en su vida y en la mía, en cualquier caso, he estado super agusto haciendo lo que me gusta y en compañía de la naturaleza y de mi mismo. Podría ser mejor pero también bastante peor, y la verdad es que no ha estado mal.

Curiosamente la soledad ya no me oprime, estoy agusto viendo una peli, dando una vuelta, o haciendo tai chi. Esta es mi parte del camino, y por fin la acepto y la disfruto. Mejor que luchar contra el viento, es unirse a él

Un saludo, me dejo llevar, ahora toca esto y la verdad es que no esta tan mal, incluso es agradable. Espero encontrar dentro de no mucho un trabajo y estar tranquilo y feliz por fin, y si no lo encuentro, cuando sea el momento el trabajo me encontrará a mi, aunque la verdad es que no paro, el día que me den los atrasos me voy a hacer rico, jajaja.

Un saludo, hasta pronto.

5. Empié says:

Bueno, si soy yo, en el mundo paralelo soy un poquitín mas alto, jajaja.

Pues en mi mundo paralelo, son dos, que en realidad son uno, los que pasan al banquete, así que voy a ponerme el traje porque todavía no soy el que seré, y tengo ganas de compartir la mesa con alguien.

Un saludo¡¡¡

Being alive, laughing, , breathing,, in good health, staying in the present time to appreciate the beauty that is surrounding , taking it all in to replenish the soul are essential components for enjoying the magic of the day.

1. toñi says:

Si, es cierto y hermoso. Toñi.

43. rangani says:

One of the stories which I repeated to myself always…
    Thanks for sharing again.

44. LoveM says:

Often One forgets
    When One is busy doing
    About One’s being

1. Renate says:

I often feel like a pendular – either I am very much focused on the ‘material’ side of the world (job and so on) or I am very much focusing on my heart and my feeling – but I have not managed to find the right balance between the both.

But I won’t give up trying to keep the two drops and enjoying the wonders of the world at the same time.

Just being … that’s what makes me happy…

2. LoveM says:

Yes Renate I totally agree with you..
      Happiness is a natural outpouring of our being..
      This awareness is often overshadowed by activity of mind&body..

There is only one
      Ever present reality
      That is what I feel

The least little thing
      When you are present and still
      Will happiness bring

Discover the Truth
      You are free… Ever present
      Heart pleasing Being

45. LoveM says:

Midst dance music
    Do you still hear and feel.. THIS
    Silence and Stillness

46. Rishabh Bhasin says:

Discipline and compassion? I thought that this story represents discipline and adventure. Seeing all the wonders of the world without losing your two drops of oil

47. Tara Hamdi says:

As soon as I drop my 2 girls to school, I check your blog to read some beautiful words that take me away from the reality of life.

Keep up the amazing work!

Tara Hamdi (Abu Dhabi)

48. Evi says:

As usual, well said, Paulo. Remembering me again the scene in The Alchemist :)

49. Lucie Choueifati says:

IT’S SUCH AS A WISE ADVICE ……TO REMEMBER !

I HAVE READ THE BOOK .

THANK YOU PAULO COELHOE .

50. Sheela Nandini says:

Discipline and Compassion.

What would you and I have done ?

Love