– A man who knows how to seek God knows also how to take care of himself. How do you support yourself? – asked the master.
– That is just a detail. I have rich parents who help me along my spiritual path. Because of that, I can dedicate myself entirely to sacred things.
– Very well – said the master. – I will explain to you the next step: look at the sun for half a minute.
The disciple obeyed.
When he had finished, the master asked him describe the landscape around him.
– I can’t. The sun’s brightness dazzled my eyes.
– A man who looks fixedly at the sun ends up blind. A man who only looks for Light, and shifts his responsibilities onto the shoulders of others, never finds what he is seeking – was the master’s comment.